Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho (951 Views)

NCFront: Ghali Na’abba Dumps Third Force Coalition / NCFront: We Are Working To Dislodge APC & PDP In 2023 — Third Force Coalition / Sunday Igboho: DSS Attack Was An Attempt To Assassinate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Busolami2015(f): 11:03am On Jul 02, 2021
Afenifere, NCFront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho’s Residence

…Accuse Buhari Of Protecting Fulani Ahead Of Other Tribes

Afenifere, the apex Yoruba socio-cultural organisation; Professor Banji Akintoye, leader of Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), the umbrella body of Yoruba self-determination groups; Aare Ona Kakan­fo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams, the Nigeria Consultative Front, NCFront and Yoruba Nation Global Directorate (YNGD) have condemned the attack on the residence of Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly called Sunday Igboho, at the early hours of Thursday in Ibadan, Oyo State, by a com­bined team of soldiers and Department of State Services (DSS).

In a statement by Afenifere leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, and made available to Daily Independent by the National Publicity Secretary of the body, Comrade Jare Ajayi, the group stated, “The news of fatal attack on the residence of Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, in the early hours of Thursday, July 1, 2021 is a sad indicator that we are fast re­turning to the era of late Sani Abacha when anyone who ex­pressed opinions contrary to government’s position would be fatally attacked.

“Nigerians woke up this morning to the unsavoury news of an attack on the resi­dence of the Yoruba activist, Igboho, in Soka area of Ibadan by armed men reportedly in army and DSS uniforms.

“It was also reported that at least seven people were killed while yet unidentified number, including the wife of Sunday Igboho, were ab­ducted and taken away by the invaders. They also destroyed properties running into sever­al millions.

“The attack came less than 72 hours to the plan by Igboho and others to hold a rally in Lagos to further canvass for a Yoruba nation this week Saturday.

“The manner of attack in­dicated culpability on the part of those in authority.

“We are forced into this deduction for a number of reasons. Firstly, eye witness accounts indicated that ve­hicles and uniforms of the attackers were that of the se­curity agencies. Secondly, the failure of security agencies to confront the attackers further implicated the government.

“This is an emergency response to an emergency matter by Ilana Omo Oodua. Around 1:00 a.m. today, Thurs­day, 1st July, 2021, the Ibadan, Oyo State residence of one of the leading men in our strug­gle for self-determination in Yoruba land, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, fondly called Sun­day Igboho, was unfortunate­ly attacked by gunmen.

“The assailants spoke French Language fluently. Seven people were killed by the attackers, with their corpses taken away. Scores of people, including the wife of Chief Ighoho, were also taken away by the gunmen,” Akintoye alleged.

Akintoye, while declaring that the attack on Chief Igho­ho’s house was unnecessary, unfortunate, wicked, callous, cruel, irresponsible, illegal and atrocious, said the group was holding the Buhari-led administration responsible for this barbaric attack.

“We have been peaceful from the inception of this struggle. We have adhered with both the Nigerian and international laws guiding the agitation for self-determi­nation.”

Also, Iba Gani Adams, in a statement by his Special As­sistant on Media, Mr. Kehinde Aderemi, described the attack as very unfortunate.

Adams, however, charged the Federal Government to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident and also bring the perpetrators to book.

Adams said the attack had exposed the Federal Govern­ment, especially, on the spate of insecurity in the country where lives of Nigerians were of no value to it, maintaining that the incident was a pre­determined ploy to silence Igboho from the struggle for the Yoruba nation, which, ac­cording to him, is what many Yoruba both home and abroad wanted at the moment.

“The attack on Sunday Igboho’s house is most unfor­tunate. It is a reflection of the fact that our lives as Nigerians are of no value to the govern­ment. And the truth is that nobody is safe in this country.

“The Thursday’s attack was the second in six months. The first was in January when his Soka residence was razed by unknown arsonists. And up till date, nobody had been apprehended in respect of the ugly incident.

“Those agitating for Yoru­ba nation have been the tar­gets of this administration and the two attempts at Igbo­ho’s houses within six months cannot be said to be ordinary. They were ploys to cow him and frustrate him,” Adams said.

Similarly, the Yoruba Nation Global Directorate (YNGD) has condemned the attack on the Ibadan resi­dence of Sunday Adeyemo.

Describing the attack as callous, the group, in a state­ment by its spokesman, Otun­ba Demola Edward in Akure, alleged that the attack was “a ploy to silence the Yorubas in actualisation of Yoruba Na­tion autonomy.”

The statement reads inter alia: “A very distressing news came to the Yoruba Nation Global Directorate in the ear­ly hours of Thursday, 1st July, 2021 that the Nigerian army on the orders of the Federal Government of Nigeria vis­ited and attacked the private residence of a topmost Yoru­ba human rights activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo (Ig­boho Oosha), killing scores of people and destroying prop­erties worth several millions of naira.

“The Yoruba Nation Glob­al Directorate seriously con­demns this unprovoked at­tack on Yoruba citizens. We consider the act of Nigeria, a disputed territory whose ground norm was strongly repudiated by the Nigeria Indigenous Nationalities Al­liance for Self-Determination (NINAS) 16 March 2021.”

The group stressed that the attack was a crime against hu­manity, suppression of free speech and gross breach of United Nations treaties, not­ing that the Directorate was assessing the unfolding situa­tion and would soon respond with a course of action.

In the same vein, leaders of Conscience under the auspices of Nigeria Consultative Front, NCFront jointly led by former Speaker of House of Representatives, Rt Hon Ghali Na’aba and Former Presidential Candidate, Prof Pat Utomi has condemned in the strongest terms the midnight invasion, attack, murder, maiming, and abduction carried out by the Nigerian military and Operatives of the Department of Secret Services, DSS against defenceless and Innocent citizens at the Ibadan home of a Frontline Yoruba Self determination Activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo a k a Igboho over his rally for self-determination for the Yorubas in Nigeria.

In a statement issued on Thursday, NCFront again perceived the midnight gun attack of Sunday Igboho’s residence and dastardly murder of his family members as nothing but reckless abuse of power and violation of Sunday Igboho’s privacy and fundamental human rights, which should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians and citizens of conscience.

“We wish to state unequivocally that the current military attack against Sunday Adeyemo and other self determination Activists, at this delicate period of Nigeria, is wrong headed, reckless and uncalled, as experiences around the world have shown that it’s capable of foisting unintended civilian guerilla actions against the Nigerian State given the unprovoked ruthless use of naked force and bestiality to drive unarmed agitation underground.

“The NCFront again perceives the midnight gun attack of Sunday Igboho’s residence and dastardly murder of his family members as nothing but reckless abuse of power and violation of Sunday Igboho’s privacy and fundamental human rights, which should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians and citizens of conscience. So, this abuse of state power shall be taken up by NCFront’s National Secretariat before the International Court of Justice, ICJ in due course.

“Similarly, we wish to warn General Muhammadu Buhari led Regime to immediately desist from running Nigeria as a police state having allowed the country to slip into a Criminal Enterprise at the brink of total collapse and civil war. Therefore, we demand the fair and careful handling of the matter and trial of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the IPOB Leader, especially the respect of his fundamental human rights while in the custody of the Nigerian Government.

“Finally, we wish to task the Nigerian Federal Government to immediately put machinery in place to restore national understanding, cohesion, harmony, stability, peace and prosperity by urgently convening a national justice and reconciliation meeting of key stakeholders of the diverse strata and facets of the country. The Buhari Government should however note that nothing could restore peace and stability to the country as much as the official embrace of a people’s constituents’ assembly and referendum to decide how Nigerians want to democratically coexist and run their political affairs constitutionally as the ongoing constitution amendments by the national assembly can barely save the country from pervasive insecurity and anarchy rocking its foundation.

In the same vein, the publisher of Ovation magazine, Dele Momodu has equally condemned the attack on Sunday Igboho.

He described such attacks as a misplacement of priority by the Federal Government.

“The videos in circulation today about the violent attack on the home of CHIEF SUNDAY IGBOHO ADEYEMO, if true is most disturbing and regrettable. I have taken time to study the different reports and I’ve not read anywhere that he was invited by security authorities and he refused. Even at that, there’s no basis for such bloody attack in a democracy.

“It is obvious that most of our political leaders have been cowed, for whatever reasons. They are mostly silent, disgracefully. They have refused to learn lessons of history…
I salute GOVERNOR NYESOM WIKE, who despite his known differences with MAZI NNAMDI KANU stated clearly this morning that he should not be victimized while the real bandits continue to hold sway in the forests untouched.
No one should condone criminality. But every Nigerian should be treated and tried under the same rule of Law.
May the good Lord have mercy on us all…”

https://www.thepledge.ng/afenifere-ncfront-dele-momodu-gani-adams-others-condemn-dss-attack-on-igbohos-residence/

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by RZArecta(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2021
I'm surprised that you people are surprised with this junta's behaviour.... But we warned you cool

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Nkitara: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2021
Toothless cowards just like their Eastern counterparts. Bunch of balless Southerners with no atom of balls like leaders in the North

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Tranquillity360: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
I didn't know buhari language is also for empty circle,i thought is for dot alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2021
They are all in the same WhatsApp group.

They all happily romanced PDP before they lost power.
Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Untill we the people stand together to condemn this unceremonious act of the government by mass protest with the mindset of not minding the cost; we are bound to die on our knees.

Let the people that love peace and freedom wake up now before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Leybari: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
Nkitara post=103289442[s:
]Toothless cowards just like their Eastern counterparts. Bunch of balless Southerners with no atom of balls like leaders in the North[/s]
Come, This Fulani terrorist from chad, when will you stop using Igbo Monika to deceive people?
Divide and rule Neva tire you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by shigishege: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
RZArecta:
I'm surprised that you people are surprised with this junta's behaviour.... But we warned you cool
Keep your fucking mouth locked. At least we came out to support our own, where was ohaneze when nnamdi was bundled I. Naija. Where are your elders to speak for your so called hero?? You guys refuse to have sense. Pls among the ohaneze and afenifere, or Yoruba elders and ibo elders who is tracherous and deceitfu tell me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by RZArecta(m): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
shigishege:
[s]Keep your fucking mouth locked. At least we came out to support our own, where was ohaneze when nnamdi was bundled I. Naija. Where are your elders to speak for your so called hero?? You guys refuse to have sense. Pls among the ohaneze and afenifere, or Yoruba elders and ibo elders who is tracherous and deceitfu tell me[/s].
I don't usually bother myself with rétards who have comprehension issues but I just had to humour you a bit cool

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Lovelies1: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hh
Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by mickeyenglish(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
RZArecta:
I don't usually bother myself with rétards who have comprehension issues but I just had to humour you a bit cool

Pls, lets not fight over this.. At this point, we're in a deep mess, both South Easterners and South Westerners.. We cannot afford to fight and insult each other, when in reality, we need each other..

Again, watch out for monikers who registered between July 2020 and date, as most of them are agents of some of the evil and principalities we fight against.

Post No Bill
Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by CilicMarin: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
PDP groups
Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hypocrisy!

The security agencies have the right to storm any places/residence they notice or receive intel that unlicensed ammunitions are stockpiled. It's now your own duty to surrender if you know you have no skeletons in the cupboard. All of us sha wan court public favour at the expense of our safety.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by EmekaA125(m): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
#Yoruba nation Now
Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by shigishege: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
RZArecta:
Lets forget blame labeling bro. Lets all concetrate and unite.
Re: Afenifere, Ncfront, Dele Momodu, Gani Adams, Others Condemn DSS Attack On Igboho by Mayng01(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2021
Cowards! Always flexible muscles against the civilians

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Fires Radio Biafra Broadcaster, Ekpa / Kano Council Bans Women From Meeting Lovers In Public Places / Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.