Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature (3641 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / Tips On How To Activate MTN 2GB Mid-night Plan With 50 Just Naira Only / MTN Launches ‘affordable’ Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by postbox: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2021
Netflix introduced a Mobile plan across 43 countries in the sub-Saharan Africa region, including Nigeria.
The Netflix Mobile plan is a 50-60% reduction in the price of the basic Netflix offering and is available to members in Nigeria from N1,200 per month alongside the other three Netflix plans; namely basic, standard, and premium.

Different people have different entertainment preferences. Some want Ultra HD and the ability to stream on four screens at once. Some only watch movies and shows on their phone. Adding a mobile plan gives consumers more choice no matter what their budget or requirements.

Additionally, Netflix members can now watch titles that are partially downloaded through the Play Partial Download feature on Netflix.

Between the Nigerian and South African markets, there will be 475 million people using the mobile internet by 2025. Also, Netflix members within these countries already watch 2x more Netflix on their phones than the rest of the world, therefore in order to ensure a much more enjoyable user experience, Netflix has given it’s members the Mobile plan as well as eliminated the problem of prohibited access to titles that are not fully downloaded.

According to research done by the streaming platform, the African market is most popular for downloading titles which means that the launch of the Play Partial Download feature is apt for the market.

This feature will enable members save time because they no longer must wait more than 10 minutes for complete downloads before watching their favorite titles. Additionally, it would save cost because members across Africa, have pivoted to using offline viewing after cellular data prices have increased in markets.

To access this feature from the ‘download’ menu on their mobile device or from the continue ‘watching menu’. If a member starts watching a title that has not finished downloading, they will be prompted to download the rest of that movie or episode in a series once they’re connected to Wi-Fi or cellular network.

According to Keela Robinson, VP of Product Innovation at Netflix, “We always want to make it easier for members to access their favorite series or movies regardless of language, device, connectivity, or location. So partial downloading is now available on Android phones and tablets” Additionally, she shared that “We’ll begin testing on iOS in the coming months. That’s the download on Netflix’s latest improvement – for now.”

To access this feature from the ‘download’ menu on their mobile device or from the continue ‘watching menu’. If a member starts watching a title that has not finished downloading, they will be prompted to download the rest of that movie or episode in a series once they’re connected to Wi-Fi or cellular network.

Netflix is committed to ensuring that their best-in-class titles are available at the utmost convenience of their members. Through the Mobile Plan and features like the Partial Play Download, Netflix members can access their favorite titles a lower cost and comfortably enjoy them with just 5-10% of the tittle being downloaded.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/07/01/netflix-launches-affordable-mobile-plan/

Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by hoilakes(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2021
Its nice if most Naija folks would see it has d normal decoderz Sub dey do every months
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by talk2hb1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
Okay Noted,
Cable TV in distress
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Vulcanheph(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
Good one.... I have Netflix app on my phone but their prices made me not to date use it.
How can I pay over 3k sub for movies in this Bull-hari economy.
At least I can finally enjoy Netflix.
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Iceyjayz: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Good one.... I have Netflix app on my phone but their prices made me not to date use it.
I even find it cheap, as far I can watch alot of high quality movies
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
Wahala for who dey pay for Netflix... I use modded version, I don't pay shishi...

1 Like

Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Blackpromise(m): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
JAHHHHHH:
Wahala for who dey pay for Netflix... I use modded version, I don't pay shishi...

How can I download the modded version .thanks.
kunleblackrule@gmail.com
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
Blackpromise:

kunleblackrule@gmail.com
abeg wich phone una dey use watch dis tv self,,shey dey phone no go dey hote?
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Necksonnel: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
Blackpromise:

kunleblackrule@gmail.com

Check Google if you're using android phone. And if you're using iPhone buy 1year already paid Netflix online for like 5h or 1k and you even get some for free self and enjoy
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2021
postbox:

Netflix introduced a Mobile plan across 43 countries in the sub-Saharan Africa region, including Nigeria.
The Netflix Mobile plan is a 50-60% reduction in the price of the basic Netflix offering and is available to members in Nigeria from N1,200 per month alongside the other three Netflix plans; namely basic, standard, and premium.

Different people have different entertainment preferences. Some want Ultra HD and the ability to stream on four screens at once. Some only watch movies and shows on their phone. Adding a mobile plan gives consumers more choice no matter what their budget or requirements.

Additionally, Netflix members can now watch titles that are partially downloaded through the Play Partial Download feature on Netflix.

Between the Nigerian and South African markets, there will be 475 million people using the mobile internet by 2025. Also, Netflix members within these countries already watch 2x more Netflix on their phones than the rest of the world, therefore in order to ensure a much more enjoyable user experience, Netflix has given it’s members the Mobile plan as well as eliminated the problem of prohibited access to titles that are not fully downloaded.

According to research done by the streaming platform, the African market is most popular for downloading titles which means that the launch of the Play Partial Download feature is apt for the market.

This feature will enable members save time because they no longer must wait more than 10 minutes for complete downloads before watching their favorite titles. Additionally, it would save cost because members across Africa, have pivoted to using offline viewing after cellular data prices have increased in markets.

According to Keela Robinson, VP of Product Innovation at Netflix, “We always want to make it easier for members to access their favorite series or movies regardless of language, device, connectivity, or location. So partial downloading is now available on Android phones and tablets” Additionally, she shared that “We’ll begin testing on iOS in the coming months. That’s the download on Netflix’s latest improvement – for now.”

Netflix is committed to ensuring that their best-in-class titles are available at the utmost convenience of their members. Through the Mobile Plan and features like the Partial Play Download, Netflix members can access their favorite titles a lower cost and comfortably enjoy them with just 5-10% of the tittle being downloaded.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/07/01/netflix-launches-affordable-mobile-plan/

I used hacked version i don't pay for Netflix and Amazon prime videos grin
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by kmaster007: 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
Jamisi
JAHHHHHH:
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by meobizy(f): 1:57am On Jul 03, 2021
Thunder fire them.
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Jibwillz: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2021
LordviccoDaGuru:

I used hacked version i don't pay for Netflix and Amazon prime videos grin
bless me with the knowledge pls
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by shedy03(m): 11:01am On Jul 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Abeg, pardon my ignorance. Can person watch even without data sub, or person must have data to watch?
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Vulcanheph(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
shedy03:

Abeg, pardon my ignorance. Can person watch even without data sub, or person must have data to watch?
There is nothing wrong in asking questions when you don't information about something...... The subscription you pay covers for the data.
You might not have a single MB on your sim but can watch movies aas long as you've subscribed.....

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
Good news for users of Netflix
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by dadayung1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:

There is nothing wrong in asking questions when you don't information about something...... The subscription you pay covers for the data.
You might not have a single MB on your sim but can watch movies aas long as you've subscribed.....
it is not so, you must have data before it works

1 Like

Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by shedy03(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Thank you.
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
Jibwillz:
bless me with the knowledge pls

WhatsApp me, check my signature for number
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by Youngpo413: 7:32am On Jul 04, 2021
Vulcanheph:

dadayung1:
it is not so, you must have data before it works
So na which one I go take ?
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by SlawG: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2021
Youngpo413:
So na which one I go take ?
Co-ask.
Re: Netflix Launches Affordable Mobile Plan With New Partial Download Feature by AutoBodyParts(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Is this for real abi na whining

(1) (Reply)

What type of Phone Do You Use ? / How My Samsung Galaxy Exploded And Destroyed My Property Worth N2 Million’ / Can Pubg And Pes 2019 Work On Itel P32 Without Lag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.