Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. (1117 Views)

What Is The Most Expensive Phone You Have Ever Bought And How Much / Infinix Sets To Launch A New Device With Davido , Patoranking & Ini Edo / Which Side Of A Device Is Best For Locating Sim Cards ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by WackyJ1(m): 11:57am On Jul 02, 2021
Before buying any device online, I check through reviews on every site I can get reviews from.

If it is a mobile phone, I will check reviews on GSMArena and Nairaland threads dedicated to the phone.
If it any other device, I will check Nairaland threads and also Amazon and Aliexpress reviews.

Reading reviews are the best way to find faults that may not manifest on the device until 2+ months later.

However, I am currently experiencing a problem with a gadget I just bought; some earbuds.

I decided to go for what was touted as the best Earbuds under $50 in the market: The Edifier TW1s Pro.

I got it from Jumia for 13,599 naira. When It came down, the earbuds worked fine.

But there was one problem.

I could not hear anything once I clicked the dial button to make a call. I could not even hear the ringing tone that tells you whether the recipient's phone is ringing.

Here is a post describing in detail the process I went through to try make sure the problem was from the earbuds and not from my phones.
https://www.nairaland.com/6303636/head-phones-earbuds-thread/19#102978186

I tried everything. I tried three different phones.
I Googled the problem, but none of the results addressed that specific problem. I emailed their support, and after describing the problem, they just referred me back to Jumia for their warranty.

I returned the set I had and ordered another one.

It worked fine, and then the problem started again.

I have ordered another return, and I will get another model of earbuds.

I know you're reading to this point and saying the problem is from my phone, but if you think that, click on the link to the thread where I posted my troubleshooting process.

Another thing I noticed is that you cannot leave negative reviews on Jumia once you have ordered for the return of a product, so the reviews are skewed towards positive reviews only. Therefore, it is highly likely that someone else faced the same problem, returned the device, and could not leave a negative review to warn others of the possibility of such a fault.

I want to hear from you.

Have you ever bought a device that had a problem so unique that you could not find the answers on Google, and you could not see any one sharing the same problem on any reviews online.
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by WackyJ1(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
Lalasticlala please move this to the front page.

Thank you. smiley
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
Have a related issue with urs on earbud after purchasing qcy t5 on jumia after a month the left ear stop connecting on any device though I have tried all the reset seen online yet its still not connecting till now..
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Flamees(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
Earbuds for 13k chai
People get money ohh
Even 3k earb6go do this
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by WackyJ1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ifeanyi4491:
Have a related issue with urs on earbud after purchasing qcy t5 on jumia after a month the left ear stop connecting on any device though I have tried all the reset seen online yet its still not connecting till now..

Wow. And there were no reviews talking about the problem anywhere before you bought it?
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
WackyJ1:

Wow. And there were no reviews talking about the problem anywhere before you bought it?
yes
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by hoilakes(m): 10:55am On Jul 03, 2021
Chai sorry o... but there re many other brands earbuds to check before getting it online... you'd read reviews and see whatsup... now you cant even return it?
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by WackyJ1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
hoilakes:
Chai sorry o... but there re many other brands earbuds to check before getting it online... you'd read reviews and see whatsup... now you cant even return it?

I have ordered the return of the earbuds.

I wanted something that allowed me to make calls and I wanted something I could test and return if there was any faults unlike what you get when you buy from different shops.
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by hoilakes(m): 8:50am On Jul 04, 2021
which phone re u connecting to sef
WackyJ1:

I wanted something that allowed me to make calls and I wanted something I could test and return if there was any faults unlike what you get when you buy from different shops.
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Pofgrace(m): 10:39am On Jul 04, 2021
WackyJ1:

oga Anker dey expensive but it's worth the price
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by WackyJ1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
hoilakes:
which phone re u connecting to sef

Infinix Zero 6
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by dankwoska: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
This one choke o the name of the erbud sef no balance people re using Tecno apple Samsung buds tecno's and Samsung earbuds sef no expensive and u go enjoy am
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Jacku: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
I don't think I've bought any device that gave me issues. My Camon 16 works perfectly
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Thecreatorx: 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
Jacku:
I don't think I've bought any device that gave me issues. My Camon 16 works perfectly
Seun is tecno paying you?
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Jacku: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Try hipods from Tecno. It's less expensive and has great quality.
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by WackyJ1(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2021
Jacku:
Try hipods from Tecno. It's less expensive and has great quality.
How is the call quality?
Re: Ever Bought A Device With A Problem You Couldn't Google? | My Story. by Jacku: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2021
WackyJ1:

How is the call quality?
its is very dope? It's an all round great device. You'll love it.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Camon 15 / Latest Airtel Free Browsing Cheats DEC 2021 / NOKIA 8210 4G... Where To Buy In Nigeria??? (abuja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.