Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Ae-funai Vc Tasks Matriculating Students On Hard Work, Good Behaviour - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ae-funai Vc Tasks Matriculating Students On Hard Work, Good Behaviour (194 Views)

Unilorin VC Tasks Young Entrepreneurs On Local Content / Pictures Students On Vacation Can Relate To / Man Signs On The Boobs Of LAUTECH Female Students On Their Graduation Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ae-funai Vc Tasks Matriculating Students On Hard Work, Good Behaviour by cyborgFUNAI: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
The Vice-Chancellor of Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, Prof. Sunday Elom has urged the newly-admitted students of the institution to imbibe the virtues of hard work and dedication in their academic activities as it is necessary for success.

The Vice-Chancellor led the charge yesterday during the 9th matriculation ceremony of the University where 4, 715 freshmen swore oath of allegiance to abide by the ideals, rules and regulations of the University.

“To our freshmen who are matriculating today, I admonish you not to shy away from hard work, for it is necessary for your success. You will definitely encounter some challenges in your road to success, but stay focused and on course.

“We will not condone any form of cultism, examination malpractice, drug abuse, campus prostitution, sex or money-for-marks, indecent dressing and unruly behavior. You have come to the University to study; shun anything that can deter you from reaching your goals.

“This University is not a heaven for any kind of misconducts; the consequences for such acts are rustication or outright expulsion of the culprits. We therefore admonish our students to mind their studies, and beware of the so called campus life attractions because we have zero tolerance for all forms of social vices.”

Dean, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Prof. Friday Nwalo, reading the Vice-Chancellor’s address in his faculty at the 8th Matriculation Ceremony of the University

Continuing, the Vice-Chancellor also charged the freshmen to report any form of intimidation, extortion and sexual harassment by staff to him, noting that he had released his phone number to other students during his interaction with them before the admission of the freshmen.

“I also charge all students to report any form of sexual abuse, intimidation and extortion from staff. I have released my phone number to students during my interaction with them before your admission. I advise you to collect my phone number from them. Send text messages and WhatsApp chats to me on any issue. I assure you of prompt response and action”, the Vice-Chancellor stated.

He equally stated: “This University is not just interested in producing first-class materials that would rule their world after graduation but also men and women of honour and character that will be a light to their generation.

Students cutting the Matriculation cake at the Faculty of Biological Sciences

“Evidence abound that our students are actually acquiring the right knowledge from the University, as being delivered by our experienced, committed, competent and passionate members of the academia.

“And to ensure that the University attracts and retains the right quality and caliber of staff we desire, the University is committed to building the capacity of its workforce where they are exposed to latest methodologies in teaching and research, and administration through conferences, seminars, workshops and other types of training.”

Speaking further the Vice-Chancellor noted that the University was not oblivious of the challenges students may be facing on campus, stressing that Management is working assiduously to arrest the situation in order to provide a conducive environment for learning

“Management remains committed to students’ welfare and would continue to improve the conditions in the hostels and the entire campus. We are putting things in place to make sure your stay on campus is peaceful, comfortable and worthwhile.

Students’ procession during the 9th matriculation ceremony

“Our long term plan is to have at least 60% of the students’ population living on campus. Plans are also on the way to construct more faculty buildings, lecture halls and theaters and staff offices to enhance teaching and learning.

“The University is also working with security agencies to ensure that our campus remains safe and secure for academic activities. In fact, on Tuesday, 8th June, 2021, I constituted a high-powered security committee consisting of staff, students and representatives of security agencies and the host community to deal with security issues within and around our campus. These measures were to ensure the safety of our staff and students.

“The University is also partnering with Zenith Bank for the commencement of Agency banking to provide banking facilities to staff and students on campus”, he stated.

The Vice-Chancellor equally admonished the freshmen to avail themselves of all the facilities provided by the University, adding that the University is on the right track to becoming a world class institution, and a reputable Centre of learning and research.

Another cross section of students on procession during the Matriculation ceremony
“AE-FUNAI is on the right track in its drive to becoming a world-class university and a vibrant centre of learning and research because excellence, integrity and entrepreneurship are our core values.

“We also emphasize computer literacy, for all staff and students at all levels, because in the present information age, no individual can maximize his/her full potential without ICT. We have well-equipped ICT Centre and ICT-driven University library with the most current books and journals in different fields and disciplines.

“Our students can also source and access their lecture materials, e-books and e-journals from the University repository- AE-FUNAI Research Archive (FURA) on the University website.

Concluding the Vice-Chancellor assured the students of all the necessary support, as long as they remained law abiding and dedicated to their studies.

The AE-FUNAI 9th matriculation ceremony was for the 2020/2021 academic session, and it was decentralized and held in the 11 faculties of the University including the College of Medicine.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Gain Admission? / Jamb Syllabus / Contact Me For Your NYSC Medical Fitness Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.