Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,576 members, 7,955,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria (742 Views)

JUST IN: Kenyan Ambassador To Testify In Nnamdi Kanu Abduction Case Dies In Abuj / Nnamdi Kanu’s 'Abduction' Bears Semblance To Kidnapping Of Umaru Dikko In 1984 / I Remembered Jamal Kasshogi With Tears After I Saw Nnamdi Kanu Abduction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by Hillard: 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
NNAMDI KANU'S ABDUCTION AND THE LAME WALK OF NIGERIA

It is really worrisome to Aso Rock on how what ought to have been "a heroic venture" has turned out to mean waste of time and failed diversionary vouyage.

Nnamdi Kanu's abduction has created for the Nigerian state, a multifaceted and multi-dimentional international and local quagmire that she needs the services of both local and international PR experts to come out of the already growing self inflicted damage in her efforts to use Nnamdi Kanu to divert the attentions of her citizens from the inevitable collapse of Nigerian state caused by directionlessness of Buhari's led regime.

While international legal experts have dived into the ocean of international conventions and laws of immigration, what is to come out of the argument is going to shake the world at large. I am not an expert on international laws and jurisprudence, but I do understand as a student of history and diplomatic studies that issue of international immigration laws are of utmost respect among comity of nations.

Countries in the past have tried as much as they could to extradict their viewed "critics" but the bottlenecks in international immigration laws pose a great obstacles to that. From Jillian Assange in UK to Edward Snowden in Russia down to Jamal Khashoggi who was murdered in Turkey by the Saudi agents.

In the case of Nnamdi kanu, Nigeria and Britain are faced with complex issue to handle as Nnamdi Kanu being a British citizen, makes the matter of complex issue. Ordinarily, Nigerian Government would have gone the way of Saudi Arabia as in the case of Jamal Khashoggi, but the multiple interests state and non state actors, frustrated Nigerians hand down over Nnamdi.

That ordinarily did not stopped there, the pressure continues until this very moment that makes Nigerian Government to be critical and mindful of her dictions against their 2015 tone and mode which were bellicose and belligerent filled. The state indirect recognition of Nnamdi Kanu's sophistication is worth giving an academic discourses.

It is too hard for the Nigerian state to win this battle owning to the fact that she has internally convinced all that she is on jihad and entrenchment of Fulani agenda. That is what it is! The unity among Nigerians against Nnamdi Kanu in 2015 is eluded and Nnamdi Kanu enjoys support more than the Government. The only places the Government can gain supporters against Nnamdi Kanu currently are among the corrupt forks among the Government who feels that Nnamdi Kanu's drive for self determination is a threat to their ingrained kleptomania.

Ordinarily, the man in the north battling with bandits and hunger is asking for safety from the government not the drama called "Nnamdi Kanu's rearrest". Among the Nigerian youths, the Government that told them not to expect job from her and is busy destroying education and every sector hosting the youths, needs to be arrested not Nnamdi Kanu.

It is these threatening issues that people want to hear solved but the irresponsible Government with ethnocentric and religious drive would love to do her parochialistic thing. The simple truth is that like the Shakespearen Macbeth, the witches have cast a spell of error on the Buhari's led regime and only the path of destruction she deemed wise to treck on.

The world is watching and sadly, the rickity Government lacks what it takes to absolve international pressures. It is too early for anyone to tell where it will all end, but the poor Government thinks she needs time to build an image making over her poor move on Nnamdi Kanu locally and internationally.

That very image they are buying time on to rally for supporters now, has also giving IPOB a reasonable time to look back and plan. So far, the Government is struggling on the right card to play in discrediting Nnamdi Kanu.

From the card of him "jumping bail" which appears laughable among people as it is on Nigerian news how the military went on rampage at Nnamdi Kanu's hometown in search of him for assasination. This very narrative seems weak and the Government knows about.

Another narrative is the narrative of him being "a terrorist" which makes the Government more stupid as Miyyetti Allah a known terrorist group globally and Gumi the mouthpiece of the terrorists ravaging the country are known to be walking with Nigerian securities unquestionably.

The new narrative as was promoted by Lai Muhammed is the narrative of Nnamdi Kanu "living luxuriously". What a shame! When has wearing expensive cloths and flying on private jet mean a crime? This is exactly poor approach in their efforts to instigate animosity against Nnamdi Kanu from those he is fighting to liberate. If the Government can go down this low, it then means they are dried up mentally on how and what to do with Nnamdi Kanu.

On the argument of Britain playing role in getting Nnamdi Kanu out of detention, such is achievable and foreseeably possible if we should fall back to historical antecedents. Not too long were British citizens held in the USA over terrorism and how Britain used the backdoor diplomacy to get them out of Quantanamo Bay. Examples are the likes of Shaker Aamer and others.

Contrary, we have also seen where Britain failed in helping out her foreign national trapped in foreign countries like in the case of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe who is currently in Iran. On the side of Nnamdi Kanu, Britain has giving an early signal beyond as expected to offer "consular assistance" which is a right step in right direction. Such an early signal will put actors within the Nigerian state to carefulness.

If such is coming from UK when IPOB hasn't started mobilising on international and local spaces protests, then you know that there is a responsible steps from those expected to. United States and other players are also studying the development which makes alot of Fulani conservatives to advise for an extreme carefulness on the issue as too many of them believe it is all a ploy to destroy Nigeria.

The level of divided opinions among the northern political cum social players, shows that they see Nnamdi Kanu of more of a dangerous player worth being careful of than a prey. That is why there tend to be a graveyard silence instead of celebrations. In which way it goes, what is certain is that Nnamdi Kanu is a weight that must be carried with carefulness and
consciousness.

Written by Mazi Chika Austine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by KillMNKnow(f): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2021
Consciousness grin you're talking about people who are conscious 24/7 to be conscious. IPOB unconscious behaviors is their downfalls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
Very Apt and True.

Nnamdi Kanu is like a mosquito on the testicles of the Buhari led Nigerian Government, crushing it with force means crushing the testicles.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by joe54: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
I was really less concerned with the activities of MNK and Ipob until just about some months ago. I had gone on a business trip and decided to visit a friend in jos north.
I woke up the next day to cries and a mob of angry youths preparing to cause mayhem. I later learnt that a mobile police officer serving in the east an Angas man by tribe and a minority Christian had been killed by UGM. The brother of the deseased vowed to revenge on the Igbo's but for the timely intervention of the traditional ruler and elders alot of lives would have been lost probably mine also "me caught up in the famous JOS CRISIS" all this because of one man's utterances. Let MNK cool down in DSS detention.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by Leybari: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
Solid piece!! Please if you're Arewa dont read it oo for your own health..
You know I care so much about you! grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by Leybari: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Consciousness grin you're talking about people who are conscious 24/7 to be conscious. IPOB unconscious behaviors is their downfalls
I know you didn't understand any damn thing that was written there..
I wonder how you even managed to qualify to become a BMC media member, because all you do on nairaland is just to upload memes, you can't reason well, or argue properly..nothing!

That picture is just a perfect discription of how your brain is.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Leybari:
[s]Solid piece!! Please if you're Arewa dont read it oo for your own health..
You know I care so much about you! grin[/s]
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by chrisxxx(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
These uprisings are cumulatively unnecessary. We have always lived together especially with the Fulani people peacefully. How things have suddenly changed overnight where people other than the Fulani people dread the Fulani people even more than snake befuddle me. Fulani people the earliest time I met them were generally peaceful people just minding their cattle. What could have gone wrong?
I met an Hausa guy sometime ago during our interaction he confessed that it was the activities of the Fulani in the North that caused him to abandon his farm for menial job in the South.
What do the Fulani people want? Can we come to roundtable? Do the elites of Fulani people support the activities of the erring ones?
The other day one Hausa boy was shouting 'I no be Fulani oooo! I no be Fulani oooo! Na Fulani dey find trouble, Hausa no dey find trouble ooo'. That was how he was left alone.
So many question to ask.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Abduction And The Lame Walk Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
grin... Lame indeed

(1) (Reply)

Re - Road Painting In Imo State / Guinea, Mali Coups - Nigerians, Africans Congratulate ECOWAS Leaders / Kwara Demolishes Library Named After Saraki’s Father (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.