Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Someone Help Me Please! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Someone Help Me Please! (640 Views)

I Want A Script Like That Of Myschool.com.ng And Nairaland.com can Someone Help / Please Can Someone Help Me With Wordpress And Joomla. / Can Someone Help Me With Macromedia Fireworks-8 Activation Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Help Me Please! by henrychmz: 1:39pm On May 09, 2011
i am new to web design and want to make friends that can help me grow in these business. I wish to be a pro someday and i truly need your help. I have attended training in Karrox training institute, and i see so much reality from my research and studies.

My questions are these:
1. some website have more graphics than others e.g. www.nigerianbestforum.com and www.thesummitbc.org, is this becuase of the software they use or the graphic designer?
2. which is the best graphic software for designing a website?
3. what advice do you have for me?

thanks for your care, hope to hear from you.

Henry Nduka
henry_chmz@yahoo.com
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by yawatide(f): 3:44pm On May 09, 2011
1) Designer's choice. Also, before you develop a website, you need to know your target audience and the purpose of the site. If it is for primarily information, there should be more content than graphics. If it is say, an entertainment site, the vice versa should be the case

2) I have been using photoshop since 1999 and haven't had any problems with it. Some use Fireworks and I am sure they will defend it as much as I am defending photoshop. My advice? Learn to work with as many tools as possible so you are not like the proverbial "when all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail"

3) Keep reading to remain marketable. Always learn the latest technologies. Start off developing free sites for individuals/organizations and from there, you should get enough of a reputation and referrals to keep you going.

Good luck!
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by Siony(m): 2:37pm On May 12, 2011
@yawa-ti-de good examples. u got it right. but for me. i like photoshop. can i introduce you to Cinema4d? i love designing with it because the graphic functions are too realistic.

@henry_chmz , follow what yawa-ti-de said. it depends on what you want to design. upon your learning. put this 4 software in your mind. Corel Draw, Photoshop, Flash, Adobe After Effects.
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by theagent: 10:18pm On May 16, 2011
Every web designer needs a hosting company to provide the domain name registration, email and hosting space for ther design projects, contact www.nigerianwebhosts.com and become a reseller. we will support your design and provide a hosting service that gives you all the space you need to create website full of graphics.

contact info@nigerianwebhosts.com
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by Nobody: 12:51am On May 17, 2011
I use Macromedia Fireworks - All Versions. But, i dont deal in heavy graphics sha, i am just an old-fashioned web programmer, but it suits all my needs.
All pure interface developers i know use Adobe Photoshop, i can use it too, but i am rather clumsy with it, it seems fireworks was made for me sha.
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by henrychmz: 11:58am On May 17, 2011
thank you everyone that has contributed to this topic am very grateful.
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by henrychmz: 12:12pm On May 17, 2011
please if any one of you stay in Abuja i would like to get your contact. I stay at Garki 2, Abuja and work @ Utako Abuja. 07042420172, 07068157638. Henry Nduka is my name.
Re: Someone Help Me Please! by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 17, 2011
Get me a good kontractz job, and i will relocate to Abuja - complete with a new wife, adopted children and my extended families. . .

Estoy bromeando, just kidding. . .

(1) (Reply)

Webmaster Needed / Domain Name Privacy Protection In Nigeria / Construction Calculator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.