Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu (47068 Views)

Abba Kyari's Arrest, Extradition: FBI Agents Meet Nigeria's Police IGP / Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest: Put Same Zeal In Arrest Of Killer Herdsmen ― Ortom Asks FG / Nnamdi Kanu On The Run As Nigeria Formally Requests Arrest, Extradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
erumena:

Osama Bin Laden was killed at Abottabbad, In Pakistan without the Govt of Pakistan knowing, I am not sure US was dragged for diplomatic violations.

Osama's case was a raid, a stealth operation. He was never kidnapped and all the details about the operation were furnished for the people to know.

The CIA is still laying siege on Asange in UK. Why couldn't US raid another country's foreign embassy and bugle out Asange, a fugitive wanted by the US?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
malakaimoscondo:
gibberish...UN,,au,,eu,,ecowas....is like u have never heard about zazzaky case before

No diplomatic principle was breached in El-Zakzaky's case. He was arrested withing the Nigerians territory.

Nigeria is a signatory to international laws that defines sovereign jurisprudence and diplomacy.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ekondo:

The same way Some Nigerians who have committed various offences against other countries & are in prisons are sent back to Nigeria so that Nigeria can extradite them accordingly. Everybody be forming SAN.
Once an offence is treasonable as MNK is, even your host country irrespective of whether you are a citizen by acquisition will wash her hands off from it. Have you forgotten the Nigerian bomber who is still languishing In US prison? How come Nigeria doesn't push for him to be sent back to Nigeria first, then normal extradition procedure follows to release him to US? ALSO remember Kanu is a Nigerian by Birth & not by acquisition which means NIGERIA has every right to hold me to answer to his crimes. Unfortunately Nigeria seems not to have a very rosy relationship with UK recently due to the proclamation by UK that they will grant political Asylum to Biafrans. Though the UK retracted that statement, Nig govt sees it as a Diplomatic breach

Let's call error what it is. Abulmutallab was never a fugitive to the Nigerian state. He's offence was against a foreign country, which that country has the jurisprudence to try.

Late Buruji Kashamu was alledged to be a fugitive in the US, and US never breached our sovereign right to kidnap him. I remember he was once said to have been trapped by the US intelligence in Kenya, only for the former presidency to intervene.

I'm not supporting NK, but we can't build a strong defence on error. Don't be surprised if Kanu's defence team starte exploiting those channels. Truly, he has a case to answer but a technical loophole has been created.

Go and read about McAfee that recently died.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
kramer:

This comment made me laugh so hard! grin

Nigeria that has no shame??

The same Nigeria that killed it's people a few months ago at lekki and denied any involvement?

The same Nigeria that cut off social media from it's people because it didn't like what was being said?

Nigeria's government has proven they don't give a damn about what other countries think about our "diplomatic principles in repatriating fugitives". Is it not the same Buhari that tried to kidnap someone from the UK years ago https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dikko_affair

If he didn't give a sh!t then, he definitely won't give a sh!t now

You can't be more correct that our governments are abusers of human rights. This is a dual case of both human and diplomatic breach.

All diplomatic channels was exhausted in Charles Taylor's saga. It won't be funny when we start receiving hammers of sanctions from those international bodies.

Remember Obama stood the ground of human right abuse to deny us from buying military hardwares needed to fight Boko boys.

Sanction is a big stick no country wants. Ask Iran and Russia how sanctions have balded their economy.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
colestephan86:

You do not know what you are saying. So u expect the country from where he was arrested and extradited come out and say . Yes na we do am?

Sooner or later, truth of what transpire shall be obvious.

CIA would have bursted the secrecy if it were Obama days.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2021
brightalo1010:

Just like you people said during hushpupi vs usa on how he was kidnapped and how his lawyers will drag UAE and usa based on that.

Abeg the best MNK should have done is to avoid being arrested once he is arrested everything won't be as smooth as you all will be thinking. You think Nigeria is Togo or Chad or all these minor countries you will threatening with UN Ecowas, EU. E.t.c?

Remember all there recent noises over Twitter ban by the same Nigeria.

Russia, with all it's advancement is still scary of sanction. I'm sure you don't pray the weigh of sanction that crippled Iran's currency to come upon Nigeria.

Nigeria is lucky this isn't Obama's era, that guy will capitalise on this and deal with our government. The Super- tucano we ordered can even be forfeited.

We all know NK is a fugitive, be two errors can never be excellent.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2021
salykely:

Nnamdi Kanu left the country illegally and was brought back illegally. Case close

�����������

Two illegalities will argue in court.

Oga, you deserve the award for the best deepest commenter on NL

Your comment is deep and full of lessons.
(The clash of two illegalities)

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
LandMann:

Ask yourself what ECOWAS, AU, EU, UN, WHO, WTO, IMF, WORLD BANK and all the rest, ask yourself what they did when the guy jumped bail.

Ask yourself if UK and all other countries this guy has been broadcasting from, ask yourself if they did not break international law by harbouring a fugitive and leader of a proscribed terrorist organisation.

Ask yourself if UN, UK, USA, ICJ, AU, EU, PDP, APC, ETC will pay for all the properties damaged and lives lost because of Kanu's formation of ESN and the attendant mayhem they carried out.

It's easy to switch off our brains and reason one sided when issues like this emerge. Don't be a victim of such myopic thinking.

Nnamdi Kanu messed up by attacking institutions of the state violently and killing indiscriminately when he knows he is not capable of waging a full war against Buhari led govt.

His failure to realise that elected politicians in Biafraland are the biggest obstacle to actualising biafra is his undoing.

I expected IPOB to be a strong pressure group capable of garnering support for and getting people who will speak up publicly in house of assembly and house of representatives and senate elected.

IPOB should have led a massive campaign against politicians in their region because they are the biggest enemies of biafra due to what they're benefiting from Nigeria.

But I don't know what kind of opium they smoke in IPOB that makes them think without tact.

Shít has hit the fan. Nnamdi Kanu is now like a fowl and I know the heartless politicians who have been threatened by his activities will pluck off all his feathers while he's still alive.

You're right.

Nigeria never requested for his extradition. No petition was submitted to Interpol for his arrest. You don't expect those international bodies to do your job when you don't request for it.

He's presumed safe in UK provided he didn't break any of their laws. And the UK can only try/deport him if (1) the Nigerian govt requested for him, (2) he's an illegal immigrant on their soil (3) his criminalities affect the British government's interest/security.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by lordmans(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
redcliff:

even with your legal maxim, have you seen when the US have abducted anyone from another country to face trial in the US? why did they not abduct him from the UK

US na baba in this regard. They call it irregular rendition. US can go to any length to neutralize such a person.

Even Isreal’s Mossad kidnapped, tranquilized and illegally extradited the nazi, Adolf Eichmann, in Argentina so he could answer for his crimes against humanity.

It shows Nigeria is a good student.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by brightalo1010: 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:

Russia, with all it's advancement is still scary of sanction. I'm sure you don't pray the weigh of sanction that crippled Iran's currency to come upon Nigeria.

Nigeria is lucky this isn't Obama's era, that guy will capitalise on this and deal with our government. The Super- tucano we ordered can even be forfeited.

We all know NK is a fugitive, be two errors can never be excellent.

Funny you mentioned Russia , tell me one thing Russia did or wanted to do and get it reversed because of empty threats of UN, and Co, let Russia arrest someone they wanted and released him because of un threat let me see na. Abeg rest
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by malakaimoscondo: 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:

No diplomatic principle was breached in El-Zakzaky's case. He was arrested withing the Nigerians territory.

Nigeria is a signatory to international laws that defines sovereign jurisprudence and diplomacy.
lolz diplomatic principle...if not that buhari will soon leave office,,kanu will have break the 27year streak of mandela in prison and will still not get Biafra
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Cnach: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
ignis:
Nnamdi Kanu is not smart... Why will he leave his comfort secured zone and fly down to Kenya?
He was not agitating for a free nation with a hope that he won't suffer for before he gets it. People has done it before him and he knew how they were suffered. Many IPOB members has died and he and others still continued on their struggle bc they knew there must be a price to pay. So if some people are happy he was captured l stand to tell them that he was not unaware that he must be arrested someday. But one thing he told buhari is that Nigeria won't be one under his government and Is left for two of us to judge if he is achieving it.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Before no one expect you guys to admit it. ......

Well, the lawyer has visited him and said the truth, the rest is now history!
Have the lawyer release any statement after visiting Nnamdi Kanu?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Slurity(m): 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
onuman:

…. Fulanization and Islamization of Nigeria that Kalu stands against have hit the brick wall; is that the reason for your anger?
I am a Christian and a Yoruba man but my education level will not let me have such a myopic thinking like you that someone want to fulanize or Islamised Nigeria. Your hatred of other tribes has clouded your thinking faculty.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by modsfucker: 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

First of all I’m not Igbo

Secondly you haven't answered the question. What has Nigeria done specifically for the Igbos that they should be grateful for? You are the one that suggested they are a separate entity from Nigeria by using the word “ingrate” as if Nigeria has done something special for them that it hasn’t done for other tribes.

If we are all equal citizens with equal rights under the same government, then why should only Igbos feel a special sense of gratitude to Nigeria?

Or maybe you’re just an illiterate that does not understand the meaning of The words he uses.

Mention your ethnic identity before we continue.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
modsfucker:

Mention your ethnic identity before we continue.

Yoruba. What does that have to do with anything you damn tribalist.

Answer the question, what do the Igbo's need to be grateful to Nigeria for? For giving them the right to breath or for not completely wiping them out during the war or for what exactly?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by modsfucker: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Yoruba. What does that have to do with anything you damn tribalist.

Answer the question, what do the Igbo's need to be grateful to Nigeria for? For giving them the right to breath or for not completely wiping them out during the war or for what exactly?

Nigeria has given them every damn thing it gave other regions. Tell me on thing it gives one region that it didn't give them.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by lordmans(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:

Osama's case was a raid, a stealth operation. He was never kidnapped and all the details about the operation were furnished for the people to know.

The CIA is still laying siege on Asange in UK. Why couldn't US raid another country's foreign embassy and bugle out Asange, a fugitive wanted by the US?

Hmmmm...

I'm surprised that you will justify a stealth operation carried out on a sovereign foreign soil which even led to loss of lives but will condemn another only meant to arrest so the guy could answer for his crimes.

Not saying Nigerian State is right or wrong but these other countries set bad antecedents for the developing countries to follow. Osama was already marked for death not given a chance at trials. Evil must be challenged irrespective of the persona involved.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Litmus: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
Why after the murder of, Exiled-in-US, Jamal Khashoggi in Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia isnt now a pariah state, boycotted, shunned, and sanctioned by the West?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2021
modsfucker:

Nigeria has given them every damn thing it gave other regions. Tell me on thing it gives one region that it didn't give them.

Then you don’t understand the meaning of the word grateful. You can’t be grateful for something that is your right.

Using the word ingrate suggests Nigeria has given them some special treatment that other tribes don’t get and they are not appreciative of that.

Besides what has this country given other tribes generally? Is it this same Nigeria we are talking about? Lmao.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by modsfucker: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Then you don’t understand the meaning of the word grateful. You can’t be grateful for something that is your right.

Using the word ingrate suggests Nigeria has given them some special treatment that other tribes don’t get and they are not appreciative of that.

Besides what has this country given other tribes generally? Is it this same Nigeria we are talking about? Lmao.

They are ingrates because they were the first ethnic group to have truncated civilian Government, after Nigeria's successful acquisition of independence.... Independence is something worth celebrating, and already the Country was on the path to progress, when the INGRATES struck.

Abi you don't know that son?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by onuman: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
Slurity:
I am a Christian and a Yoruba man but my education level will not let me have such a myopic thinking like you that someone want to fulanize or Islamised Nigeria. Your hatred of other tribes has clouded your thinking faculty.

Tinubu for next president- all you are after.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Stanleyq: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
ignis:
Nnamdi Kanu is not smart... Why will he leave his comfort secured zone and fly down to Kenya?
because, being dormant doe's not give freedom but de waka waka wet dey am.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by illmatic101(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:
This case is now divided into two parts. Kanu's defence team will drag FG into how and where he was arrested.

I'm sure it'll be a technical loophole that his lawyers will leverage on to go as far as ECOWAS, AU, EU and UN.

I'm not supporting NK, but diplomatic means must be followed while treating a matter like this. Those international and continental bodies will see us as a country without respect for diplomatic principles in repatriating fugitives.

This case is a good specimen to test our laws because it is now in clear conflict with international laws. We all know Kanu is a fugitive, but the details of how he was brought back should not be shrouded in secrecy and his defence team will really drag the FG in that area.

This president doesn't care about the rule of law. Have you forgotten how government officials who served under Shagari administration were kidnapped in the UK and transported back to the country for prosecution?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Kaiser20: 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:
This case is now divided into two parts. Kanu's defence team will drag FG into how and where he was arrested.

I'm sure it'll be a technical loophole that his lawyers will leverage on to go as far as ECOWAS, AU, EU and UN.

I'm not supporting NK, but diplomatic means must be followed while treating a matter like this. Those international and continental bodies will see us as a country without respect for diplomatic principles in repatriating fugitives.

This case is a good specimen to test our laws because it is now in clear conflict with international laws. We all know Kanu is a fugitive, but the details of how he was brought back should not be shrouded in secrecy and his defence team will really drag the FG in that area.
Those organizations will never come boldly to intervene in kanu's case. Nnamdi is a born Nigerian, his case is internal wahala with his country's government.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
illmatic101:

This president doesn't care about the rule of law. Have you forgotten how government officials who served under Shagari administration were kidnapped in the UK and transported back to the country for prosecution?

That singular act brough the hammer of sanction on us. It marked the genesis of naira depreciation under the Buhari-Idiagbon junta.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by illmatic101(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:

That singular act brough the hammer of sanction on us. It marked the genesis of naira depreciation under the Buhari-Idiagbon junta.

We can't afford another one (sanction) at this time, we are at our worst. Anything that stretches the limit again na die be dat.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Praxis758: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
illmatic101:

We can't afford another one (sanction) at this time, we are at our worst. Anything that stretches the limit again na die be dat.

That's why Buhari must be cautioned to be careful. Obama would have lashed us sanction if he were to be in power.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Ekondo: 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
Praxis758:

Let's call error what it is. Abulmutallab was never a fugitive to the Nigerian state. He's offence was against a foreign country, which that country has the jurisprudence to try.

Late Buruji Kashamu was alledged to be a fugitive in the US, and US never breached our sovereign right to kidnap him. I remember he was once said to have been trapped by the US intelligence in Kenya, only for the former presidency to intervene.

I'm not supporting NK, but we can't build a strong defence on error. Don't be surprised if Kanu's defence team starte exploiting those channels. Truly, he has a case to answer but a technical loophole has been created.

Go and read about McAfee that recently died.

MNK is a leader of a terrorist group who jumped bail & was declared wanted. Those examples you cited are not where close to treasonable felony of which MNK has committed. Once anybody is declared wanted by a state on offence of treasonable felony, nothing can save you once you step your foot on a wrong country

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by pointblank247(m): 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
winterfell007:
Kenya has officially termed themselves as a rogue nation for this dastardly act they carried. Even Sudan with their new government in place wouldn't have done this because it's trying to repair its international image.
Anyway Buhari can kiss the UK goodbye for his medical tourism and start consulting his newly found medical doctors in Kenya. Considering the fact that they forcefully captured a British National
but i don't know why i believe Kenya when they denied any involvement. Could you remember that this is not the first time a high profile Nigerian was kidnapped from abroad without the involvement of the host country, the case of UMARU DIKO comes to mind, more disturbing is that it also happened under PMB during his military reign as the head of state.
Have you thought about that ?
If you ask me , I think we have a kidnapper sone where up there
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by BBBmall25: 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
banom:
In the end, I see Nnamdi Kanu coming out of this stronger, bolder and better. For nation's to be denying it shows Kanu is at the side of the law.
you are irredeemable fellow. I doubt your intellectuality son

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Market Women In Owerri, Others On The Run Because Of Soldiers (Video) / 2023: I Would Have Arrested Peter Obi - El-Rufai / Vice President Shettima Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.