Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu (47072 Views)

Abba Kyari's Arrest, Extradition: FBI Agents Meet Nigeria's Police IGP / Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest: Put Same Zeal In Arrest Of Killer Herdsmen ― Ortom Asks FG / Nnamdi Kanu On The Run As Nigeria Formally Requests Arrest, Extradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by echesilver: 7:20am On Jul 04, 2021
naijapips02:

Mumu I can rest happy that the cop killer is meant to answer for his crimes. That I Justice.

Same you is asking for Boko haram and bandits to be brought to book. Kanu is in the same category. How would shekau capture help your own life?

Mumu cheesy
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by naijapips02: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2021
echesilver:

Mumu cheesy

cheesy ikpu.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by ddeola: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2021
Anoda old man don dey lie again. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Africa, who did this to us?
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by opribo(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2021
banom:
In the end, I see Nnamdi Kanu coming out of this stronger, bolder and better. For nation's to be denying it shows Kanu is at the side of the law.

No, unless you do something.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by echesilver: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
naijapips02:

cheesy ikpu.

Enwe awusa grin
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by naijapips02: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2021
echesilver:

Enwe awusa grin

grin otu Nkapi.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by echesilver: 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
naijapips02:

grin otu Nkapi.

Mmeeee grin
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
modsfucker:

They are ingrates because they were the first ethnic group to have truncated civilian Government, after Nigeria's successful acquisition of independence.... Independence is something worth celebrating, and already the Country was on the path to progress, when the INGRATES struck.

Abi you don't know that son?

Lol baba they don’t care about this Nigeria. We were all on our own before one white man came from London and joined us together to serve the commercial interest of Great Britain or don’t you know that Nigeria was started as a company initially? Better read your history.

You hate these people so much but can’t let them go. And then you don’t even give them full rights as citizens of the country you want them to remain in. Na by force? Them say dem no wan do again. It’s either we give them their full rights as citizens of this country, go back to a true federalism system like the early days or we Kuku break up the country.

If the Scottish and Irish can agitate for secession from the UK and the UK can break away from the EU then I don’t think Nigeria is so important that major ethnic tribes here can’t do the same. Remaining part of a country should never be by force for any group.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by modsfucker: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Lol baba they don’t care about this Nigeria. We were all on our own before one white man came from London and joined us together to serve the commercial interest of Great Britain or don’t you know that Nigeria was started as a company initially? Better read your history.

You hate these people so much but can’t let them go. And then you don’t even give them full rights as citizens of the country you want them to remain in. Na by force? Them say dem no wan do again. It’s either we give them their full rights as citizens of this country, go back to a true federalism system like the early days or we Kuku break up the country.

If the Scottish and Irish can agitate for secession from the UK and the UK can break away from the EU then I don’t think Nigeria is so important that major ethnic tribes here can’t do the same. Remaining part of a country should never be by force for any group.

It will interest you to know that Nigeria practiced true federalism, not until Igbo soldiers disrupted it and change the system to a central Government. Funny enough, today, it's the same Igbos that are seeking for a return to the status quo.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
modsfucker:

It will interest you to know that Nigeria practiced true federalism, not until Igbo soldiers disrupted it and change the system to a central Government. Funny enough, today, it's the same Igbos that are seeking for a return to the status quo.

I can see that You need a little enlightenment on the events that led to the 1966 coup. The north has always had an outsized influence in Nigerian politics nationally. The British designed it that way because the northerners were easier to control due to their feudal and submissive political and cultural structure which was far less egalitarian and individualistic than that of the Igbos and Yorubas.

The northerners who were placed in all top government positions by the British at the time of independence always had a seething hatred and inferiority complex for the Igbo’s because of their industriousness and the fact the Igbos were coming to their land and succeeded more than their own native people. This led to northerners in government marginalizing the Igbos and preventing them from holding any meaningful government positions. It also led to the killing and persecution of Igbo People residing in the north by the local Fulani-Hausa people.

You can watch this 1960 interview by Ahmadu Bello, the premier of the northern region at the time, talking about the Igbos and making no effort to conceal the extreme hatred and prejudice his people feel for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

It also didn’t help that the civilian government at the time was plagued with rampant corruption and most development in Nigeria at the time was happening in the south west due the adept economic policies of Awolowo and other Yoruba leaders who had full control of that region at the time.

Now would you blame the Igbos or any other group for plotting a coup under these circumstances?

Baba. Nigeria has been a dysfunctional county from the very beginning. We are a group of people too diverse in our beliefs to ever coexist peacefully. The vast cultural, religious, educational and societal differences between the north and south should tell you we really have no business being one country with them but even if we must then we need to restructure the system to ensure each region is FULLY autonomous with a weak central government just for general administrative purposes. But we all know the Hausa-Fulani will never let that happen because of their ‘born to rule’ autocratic nature and all the affluence they enjoy under the current system.

Why you defend these people so much and hate the Igbos who have genuinely done nothing wrong is beyond me.

We will keep fighting to hold together a country comprised of a collection of peoples who genuinely don’t like each other. Then you wonder why Nigeria does not work. Oma se o.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Dandal: 4:44am On Jul 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

[s]
I can see that You need a little enlightenment on the events that led to the 1966 coup. The north has always had an outsized influence in Nigerian politics nationally. The British designed it that way because the northerners were easier to control due to their feudal and submissive political and cultural structure which was far less egalitarian and individualistic than that of the Igbos and Yorubas.

The northerners who were placed in all top government positions by the British at the time of independence always had a seething hatred and inferiority complex for the Igbo’s because of their industriousness and the fact the Igbos were coming to their land and succeeded more than their own native people. This led to northerners in government marginalizing the Igbos and preventing them from holding any meaningful government positions. It also led to the killing and persecution of Igbo People residing in the north by the local Fulani-Hausa people. [/s]

You can watch this 1960 interview by Ahmadu Bello, the premier of the northern region at the time, talking about the Igbos and making no effort to conceal the extreme hatred and prejudice his people feel for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8[s]

It also didn’t help that the civilian government at the time was plagued with rampant corruption and most development in Nigeria at the time was happening in the south west due the adept economic policies of Awolowo and other Yoruba leaders who had full control of that region at the time.

Now would you blame the Igbos or any other group for plotting a coup under these circumstances?

Baba. Nigeria has been a dysfunctional county from the very beginning. We are a group of people too diverse in our beliefs to ever coexist peacefully. The vast cultural, religious, educational and societal differences between the north and south should tell you we really have no business being one country with them but even if we must then we need to restructure the system to ensure each region is FULLY autonomous with a weak central government just for general administrative purposes. But we all know the Hausa-Fulani will never let that happen because of their ‘born to rule’ autocratic nature and all the affluence they enjoy under the current system.

Why you defend these people so much and hate the Igbos who have genuinely done nothing wrong is beyond me.

We will keep fighting to hold together a country comprised of a collection of peoples who genuinely don’t like each other. Then you wonder why Nigeria does not work. Oma se o.[/s]

To be fair to Ahmadu Bello, he was also restating the Igbo mandate to "conquer" others as was stated by Nnamdi Azikiwe in a speech, many years prior.

"It would appear that the God of Africa has created the Ibo nation to lead the
children of Africa from the bondage of the ages…The martial process of the Ibo
nation at all ages of human history has enabled them not only to conquer others
but also to adapt themselves to the role of preservers …The Ibo nation cannot
shrink its responsibility from its manifest destiny.
" - NNAMDI AZIKIWE .

Chief Obafemi Awolowo response: “It seemed clear to me that [Azikiwe’s] policy was to corrode the self-respect of
the Yoruba people as a group; to build up the Ibo as a ‘master-race'."

Keep fooling yourself into believing you can rewrite history with your sanctimony, just because your greedy power grab ambition got checkmated by the Hausa/fulanis. FYI, Igbos, hausa/fulanis, and yorubas are all culprits and hypocrites in this dirty game of political dominance.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by modsfucker: 6:15am On Jul 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

The northerners who were placed in all top government positions by the British at the time of independence always had a seething hatred and inferiority complex for the Igbo’s because of their industriousness and the fact the Igbos were coming to their land and succeeded more than their own native people. This led to northerners in government marginalizing the Igbos and preventing them from holding any meaningful government positions. It also led to the killing and persecution of Igbo People residing in the north by the local Fulani-Hausa people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

We will keep fighting to hold together a country comprised of a collection of peoples who genuinely don’t like each other. Then you wonder why Nigeria does not work. Oma se o.

All this epistle, trying to justify the forceful conversion from true Federalism to Central Government by the Igbos, and yet in the same epistle, you are clamouring for a return to true federalism, and even claiming that the North will not allow it. Too many of contradictions in just one statement.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by modsfucker: 6:19am On Jul 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Is the North the one to let them go? Is the North holding any key that they would use to unlock their Utopian nation? North is just a component, just like every other components in the Country. You keep blaming and insulting the white man, yet you always run to him and beg for citizenship. The last time I checked, Kanu claims to be a British citizen, but yet, he insults them in his propaganda campaign on daily basis.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Olatomiwami(m): 8:19am On Jul 05, 2021
Itzlinda:

How many international laws Nigeria don broke before ?

You think the West cared about laws as long as it doesn't affect their interest?
Jamal khashoggi wey Saudi shred like chicken, wetin happen?

Ask novice who plenty for NL, most especially when this useless govt leaned towards China with very bad Human Rights violations, we are on long things, most especially Kanu and Igboho.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2021
modsfucker:

Is the North the one to let them go? Is the North holding any key that they would use to unlock their Utopian nation? North is just a component, just like every other components in the Country. You keep blaming and insulting the white man, yet you always run to him and beg for citizenship. The last time I checked, Kanu claims to be a British citizen, but yet, he insults them in his propaganda campaign on daily basis.

Is this one a bastard? Tell me which white man you saw me run to and beg for citizenship? It is a fact that almost every country the British amalgamated by force for their economic interest at the time is filled with chaos today because they forcibly lumped together people of vastly diverse, even opposing, cultures, religions and traditions. Some have even already split up due to the constant conflict like Pakistan/India and Sudan. A report I read by a very respected British scholar even admitted this. I will look for it online and post here when I find it.

Secondly The North is not just “one component” they are the overwhelming force in Nigerian politics and have had an overbearing influence and control of government since the inception of this country. If you don’t know this or are deliberately choosing to downplay this well known fact then you are not worth my time in this debate. The day the north says they want out of Nigeria will be the end of Nigeria. They are the only reason this country is still one.

Lastly Kanu does not “claim” to be a British citizen, he is a passport holdings British citizen with the right to free speech, including criticizing the government if he wishes too as enshrined in the British constitution. I know that’s a concept that’s inconceivable to someone used to living under tyranny and oppression like you Nigerians.
Re: Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
modsfucker:

All this epistle, trying to justify the forceful conversion from true Federalism to Central Government by the Igbos, and yet in the same epistle, you are clamouring for a return to true federalism, and even claiming that the North will not allow it. Too many of contradictions in just one statement.

I'm sorry if you're not able to comprehend basic grammar. It's a typical trait of Nigerian youth. I made it clear in both this post and my last that even under our presumed federalism system then, it was always a farce as the Northerners were always dominant in national politics. that's why I used the phrase 'true federalism' otherwise the word 'true' would not have been necessary, I would have just said we need to go back to the federalism system we had before. I hope you understand now.

Anyone who does not acknowledge or denies the lopsided nature of Nigerian politics in favor of the Hausa-Fulani's and at the expense of other tribes, particularly the Igbo's, is a delusional fool not even worth my sweat. Keep defending a failed country that is destined to split anyway. I don't even know why I bother trying to convince Fulani slaves like you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) / Inside Alex Ekwueme's House As Uche Secondus‏ Pays Condolence Visit To Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.