Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

How To Deal With Racism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Deal With Racism (1420 Views)

Evolutionary Theory: A Cause Of Racism. / Racism Shown As Ugandan Climate Activist Cropped From A Group Photo / Spiritual Weapons To Deal With Stubborn Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
All what we find is a book written by people we don't know, they claimed it's the word of God, we study what's written, applied it and found out how perfectly it's working out.
Please what sense is there to start asking for the skin colour of those who penned down the writings or the characters?
If not because of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization and how they have used Jesus' counseling to catch people from all races and made them one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, there is no reason why i should believe that book called Bible, because everything found written in the book can't be verified apart from the result as JWs practically applied it and it's working! James 2:18-26 smiley

Good that your group has been able to use the bible in a positive way. Happy it has worked for you.

But the discussion here is how we implicitly contribute to racism.

My reference to the colour of Jesus should be understood in the context of the op and not that I am against you practicing your religion
Re: How To Deal With Racism by LordReed(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplechoice:

The subject matter of the op is not to discuss the color of your God or Jesus but how we implicitly contibute to racism. If my reference has pricked you, then know that not everyone imagine God or Jesus as white.

BTW why jump in here to attack the personality of Lordreed? Where did that came from?

If you have issues with him before now, has your Jesus ask you to pursue him here.
Please don't derail the thread.

If you can't find any meaning in the op, please get something else to engage you

Forget that guy, not worth the effort.
Re: How To Deal With Racism by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
The highlighted is a complex issue that you need to study God's word diligently before you can figure it out.

For instance people promote racism through:
Pagan customs and festivals!
National Anthem and Pledge!
Politics!
Traditional laws!
Christians in the first century erased all these that's why the Jews kept persecuting the Christians because these are the weapons Satan is using to cause hatred among people! smiley

triplechoice:

Good that your group has been able to use the bible in a positive way. Happy it has worked for you. But the discussion here is how we implicitly contribute to racism. My reference to the colour of Jesus should be understood in the context of the op and not that I am against you practicing your religion
Re: How To Deal With Racism by Image123(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplechoice:

The subject matter of the op is not to discuss the color of your God or Jesus but how we implicitly contibute to racism. If my reference has pricked you, then know that not everyone imagine God or Jesus as white.

BTW why jump in here to attack the personality of Lordreed? Where did that came from?

If you have issues with him before now, has your Jesus ask you to pursue him here.
Please don't derail the thread.

If you can't find any meaning in the op, please get something else to engage you

The OP says "any time you imagine that God or Jesus to be White, then there's a lot wrong with you." If you do not want people to talk about God or Jesus, then stop putting them in your OP and telling people that a lot of things are wrong with them, then act all worked up if people talk. Some of you would be worse than current dictators if you had the power. Did you buy the thread, see trouble ohh. If you feel so much for little reed, give him a call or go visit him, stop behaving like a sissy on a public forum. You are talking about racism but you have a problem with Jesus having a colour, is that not hypocrisy? Even a drunk has said on the thread that it matters not if His colour was green. But you are almost in a fit to hear people even IMAGINE His colour. If you do not understand your OP, stay on whatsapp and don't fool around the kitchen.
Re: How To Deal With Racism by Image123(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
LordReed:

Forget that guy, not worth the effort.

The hypocrisy is that you remember me every day. Are we still brethren?
Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

The OP says "any time you imagine that God or Jesus to be White, then there's a lot wrong with you." If you do not want people to talk about God or Jesus, then stop putting them in your OP and telling people that a lot of things are wrong with them, then act all worked up if people talk. Some of you would be worse than current dictators if you had the power. Did you buy the thread, see trouble ohh. If you feel so much for little reed, give him a call or go visit him, stop behaving like a sissy on a public forum. You are talking about racism but you have a problem with Jesus having a colour, is that not hypocrisy? Even a drunk has said on the thread that it matters not if His colour was green. But you are almost in a fit to hear people even IMAGINE His colour. If you do not understand your OP, stay on whatsapp and don't fool around the kitchen.

If the op is beyond your comprehensoin , then don't force yourself to comment

You have been exposing your ignorance and at the same displaying childish behaviour with all you have done here.

The reference to Jesus is not the main point of the issue under discussion. If you have failed to understand that ,then it's your problem to deal with.

Please I don't find any pleasure in engaging a religious zombie like you.
It should end now. Goodnight.
Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted is a complex issue that you need to study God's word diligently before you can figure it out.

For instance people promote racism through:
Pagan customs and festivals!
National Anthem and Pledge!
Politics!
Traditional laws!
Christians in the first century erased all these that's why the Jews kept persecuting the Christians because these are the weapons Satan is using to cause hatred among people! smiley

Not true that people promote racism through pagan customs and festivals.

Infact when you regard your traditional African religion has pagan belief and by contrast foreign religion ( christhianity, Islam) as holy, you're implicitly contributing to racism.
Re: How To Deal With Racism by Image123(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplechoice:

If the op is beyond your comprehensoin , then don't force yourself to comment

You have been exposing your ignorance and at the same displaying childish behaviour with all you have done here.

The reference to Jesus is not the main point of the issue under discussion. If you have failed to understand that ,then it's your problem to deal with.

Please I don't find any pleasure in engaging a religious zombie like you.
It should end now. Goodnight.

You cannot come to the religion section of the forum and mention God and Jesus and say they are not the main point. They remain the main point for me and all i want to talk about. Without Jesus, every other thing is insignificant. It's a miracle that you cannot see that. i should advise you not to force yourself to reply. Like i earlier said, we are not on WhatsApp here, this is a public forum.
With all your "knowledge", you're still too racist to imagine God or Jesus being black or white. So shame.
Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

You cannot come to the religion section of the forum and mention God and Jesus and say they are not the main point. They remain the main point for me and all i want to talk about. Without Jesus, every other thing is insignificant. It's a miracle that you cannot see that. i should advise you not to force yourself to reply. Like i earlier said, we are not on WhatsApp here, this is a public forum.
With all your "knowledge", you're still too racist to imagine God or Jesus being black or white. So shame.

You have not seen God or Jesus before and nowhere in the bible did we have a mention of their colour.
So tell me the reason for your anger if the op says there's a lot wrong with you when you imagine God or Jesus as white.

How did arrive at the conclusion that God and Jesus are white when it is not even mentioned in the bible.
Do you know that there are black Jews and that the lineage of Jesus is known to be black and not white. Well that's not what I am interesting in.
Just tell me from the bible how you got to know that Jesus or God is White
Re: How To Deal With Racism by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplechoice:

Not true that people promote racism through pagan customs and festivals.
Infact when you regard your traditional African religion has pagan belief and by contrast foreign religion ( christhianity, Islam) as holy, you're implicitly contributing to racism.
What do you think i meant by "pagan customs and festivals"
Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What do you think i meant by "pagan customs and festivals"

What do you mean?
Re: How To Deal With Racism by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplechoice:

What do you mean?

Well there is no festival peculiar to what people do today in the lives of the early Christians!

Customs like Birthdays, Christmas, New Year, Easter, New Moon, Yam Festival, Valentine and so on do contribute largely to Racism and Politics in the human society! smiley
Re: How To Deal With Racism by Image123(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplechoice:

You have not seen God or Jesus before and nowhere in the bible did we have a mention of their colour.
So tell me the reason for your anger if the op says there's a lot wrong with you when you imagine God or Jesus as white.

How did arrive at the conclusion that God and Jesus are white when it is not even mentioned in the bible.
Do you know that there are black Jews and that the lineage of Jesus is known to be black and not white. Well that's not what I am interesting in.
Just tell me from the bible how you got to know that Jesus or God is White

You are so angry to imagine a white Jesus, to the point that you are deluded enough to say what i did not say. Did i say that Jesus or God was any colour? Stop the racism. It mistakenly spilled out of your heart but it needs to be uprooted.
Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 8:00am On Jul 04, 2021
Image123:

You are so angry to imagine a white Jesus, to the point that you are deluded enough to say what i did not say. Did i say that Jesus or God was any colour? Stop the racism. It mistakenly spilled out of your heart but it needs to be uprooted.

If you have understood anything, the reference to the color of Jesus is just one example of implicit racism which the op discussed and it doesn't prove I am racist in anyway or against Jesus. Why are you reacting negatively if you have not mentioned or imagine a white Jesus

How am I racist if the colour of God or Jesus is not Known in the Bible? You head is not there at all. Trying to guilt trip me is a stupid gimmick which I won't fall for

I am sure a lot of people have read the topic but you the only one who has been displaying a lack of understanding Should it not worry you?

Your problem is that you don't know the difference between explicit and implicit racism. The op has already advised you to know the difference before participating in any discussion concerning racism. We are discussing implicit racism right now .So all your accusations are off

And sorry , you lack the awareness to know what has been done to you.

Next time make sure you understand very well a topic before commenting so as not to exposé your ignorance
Re: How To Deal With Racism by triplechoice(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well there is no festival peculiar to what people do today in the lives of the early Christians!

Customs like Birthdays, Christmas, New Year, Easter, New Moon, Yam Festival, Valentine and so on do contribute largely to Racism and Politics in the human society! smiley

What is racism?
Do you know the meaning? Or maybe you have your own definition because I fail to see how any of those you mentioned above contribute to racism.

If you think they do, please give instances of how
Re: How To Deal With Racism by LordReed(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
triplechoice:

What is racism?
Do you know the meaning? Or maybe you have your own definition because I fail to see how any of those you mentioned above contribute to racism.

If you think they do, please give instances of how

Get ready to throw out your dictionary. LMAO!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modified / Changes / How Old Is Jesus? Do You Actually Know His Date Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.