Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,792 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, (1127 Views)

Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic / Oduduwa Republic Rally Hits Ibadan (Photos) / Oodua Republic: Yorubas Are Not Going Anywhere - South-South, South-East Declare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by iwaeda: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2021
As part of measures to ward off people gathering at the Gani Fawenhimi Freedom Park, Ojota, Lagos, venue of today’s, Saturday planned mega rally by Oodua Republic secessionist agitators, armed Policemen and men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, and others have cordoned off some parts of Ikorodu Road and environs, resulting in heavy traffic around the axis.

Therefore, at press time, 8 am, motorists and other road users have been advised to ply alternative routes to their destinations to avoid been caught up in the building traffic as a result of several road blockade, especially along Ikorodu Road.

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu is leading the police team on patrol, while NSCDC Lagos. Commandant, Eweka Okoro is leading the corps around strategic areas to prevent any form of gathering by organisers of the rally, being led by Sunday Adeyemo, popularly called “Sunday Igboho,”

Recall that on Friday, the Lagos State Police Command and other security agencies embarked on Show of Force around state to confirm their preparedness and commitment to continuous protection of lives and properties of residents and sent a warning signal to the organizers of the said mega rally or any group of persons planning to stage any rally or procession in the state despite the warnings issued during the earlier joint press breifing by t Lagos State, CP, Odumosu and the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Gbenga Omotoso.

The Command and the Government of Lagos State had warned the organizers of the planned Oodua Republic Mega Rally, scheduled for Saturday, 3rd July, 2021, at Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Ojota, Lagos, to steer clear of Lagos State, considering the available intelligence reports on the planned rally and to forestall any breakdown of law and order. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/planned-oodua-republic-rally-gridlock-as-police-nsdc-cordon-off-ikorodu-road-others/?
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by iwaeda: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2021
What will be will be!
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by inoki247: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2021
ok
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Amaechi2023(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2021
Any vagabond that tries to disturb the country's peace in disguise of secessionist should be given the iron treatment.

After campaigning for PDP and loosing in 2019 the were turn freedom fighter over night.

2023 when power finally moves to the Niger Delta you can continue your agitation not after failing twice in 2015 and 2019.
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by tomilayomi: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2021
Again, anything can happen!
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by colorsofrainbow: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2021
Vanguard news ways look like what is written right from Buhari's bedroom grin

One-way journalism

1 Like

Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Baawaa(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2021
Fear of Sunday igboho is beginning of wisdom for our government

1 Like

Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Charmingrascal(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2021
Hakeem Odumosu
Eweka Okoro
Sanwo Olu

Fulani slaves

1 Like

Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by arcis: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2021
what's the essence of this rally if I may ask, whether you rally or not..nothing will change. Let us all wait patiently for 2023...then we can decide our future again...

Me..I don't have time for any rally that will injure or kill someone..let stay indoor if we have nothing to do outside..
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Guestlander: 9:36am On Jul 03, 2021
Dirge for a dying country.
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Jostoman: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2021
Which future do you want to decide in 2023 when the president have started installing his personal aids Loretta onoche that will write the results of the election for them even without you people voting for them. Abeg shift make I pass.

1 Like

Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Timi45: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2021
Na wetin Dem Sabi be dat.
Let fulani herdsmen begin operation and watch Dem crawl back to their shell.
Cowards!
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Blackfire(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2021
We are waiting for coward igboho... We heard he ran to Ghana wearing his wife's clothes

Vedaxcool are you not coming to the protest, I heard the bullets were printed coward grin
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Skillsnigeria: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2021
It's a pity that a terrorist tribe far from civilization is leading a country like NIGERIA because we have too many zombie citizens

1 Like

Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2021
H
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by iwaeda: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2021
Mynd44
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by iwaeda: 11:15am On Jul 03, 2021
arcis:
what's the essence of this rally if I may ask, whether you rally or not..nothing will change. Let us all wait patiently for 2023...then we can decide our future again...

Me..I don't have time for any rally that will injure or kill someone..let stay indoor if we have nothing to do outside..

You donnot have power to change this wicked people, only God.
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by LLiKYekoba: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2021
The day you voted buhari was the day you threw your basic rights as a citizen into the Atlantic ocean.

I was shocked seeing sensible people who claim to be pro-democracy activists campaigning for this man called buhari just because of a few crumbs he threw around. Chants of 'Sai baba' filled the air, and our ears. I guess what they really meant was 'Say bye bye' to your freedom.
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by LLiKYekoba: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2021
Blackfire:
We are waiting for coward igboho... We heard he ran to Ghana wearing his wife's clothes

Vedaxcool are you not coming to the protest, I heard the bullets were printed coward grin

Abokii does not protest for Odua republic.
Re: Planned Oodua Republic Rally: Gridlock As Police, NSDC, Cordon Off Ikorodu Road, by iwaeda: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
The day you voted buhari was the day you threw your basic rights as a citizen into the Atlantic ocean.

I was shocked seeing sensible people who claim to be pro-democracy activists campaigning for this man called buhari just because of a few crumbs he threw around. Chants of 'Sai baba' filled the air, and our ears. I guess what they really meant was 'Say bye bye' to your freedom.

They were deceived by the born again democrat. If this man refuse to conduct election in 2023, nothing you can do. See common protest they put soldiers, police, civil defence everywhere. But they can not live forever, but before they die, they would have destroy much.

(1) (Reply)

There Will Be Crisis If 2023 Presidency Is Not Zoned To South – Sagay Warn North / Where Are All The AGITATORS Now? / Reason Why There's Sit At Home Every Monday That Many Didn't Even Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.