Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years (45980 Views)

How Sport Betting Changed My Life For Good / Man Strips Naked In Bet9ja Shop After Last Game Ruined 5.7Million Ticket (Video) / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by QueenVaji: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hattbricker:
People keep blaming the op and saying greed, blablabla. The truth is gambling is addictive, you can't control it once you're hooked and 95% of gamblers lose money, there's no way you can manage it or use your sense the odds are already against you. Dear op I wish you well and I hope your turn around remain permanent.

those pple are ignorant illiterates...and i feel like an average Nigerian is still an ignorant illiterate no matter the education they have

2 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Mogajunior(m): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
I remember when i wanted to get a new phone, have already saved up to 54k and i saw one nice phone of 95k, i wanted to get that phone of 95k, i decided to use the 50k to play a sure game of 2odds that was how i lost the my 50k o, las las that remaining 4k i used it to drink beer and goat meat pepper soup, i was so depressed, sad, hopeless and sober that whole week.

You can't point 10 gamblers that are millionaires around you, that got their millions through gambling.
If it is true then you are not a good gambler.

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
omophunky:
Greed and desperation is what finished you, not betting.
Modified :
To those of you quoting to insult me,
you can all hang urselves for all I care...

it is an addiction bro - just like drugs and alcohol , it needs to be tempered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by omophunky(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
QueenVaji:

God punish you and ur pig mother
Hope you are happy now ?

2 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by kingthreat(m): 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
I remember when i wanted to get a new phone, have already saved up to 54k and i saw one nice phone of 95k, i wanted to get that phone of 95k, i decided to use the 50k to play a sure game of 2odds that was how i lost the my 50k o, las las that remaining 4k i used it to drink beer and goat meat pepper soup, i was so depressed, sad, hopeless and sober that whole week.

You can't point 10 gamblers that are millionaires around you, that got their millions through gambling.

Otunba Bet2win. God rest his soul.

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Olarewaju89: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
You well so...?

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Pwhitelaw(m): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
Iovercame:
This is a lil story about my 7 years deep addiction to sport bet and in this 7 years I lost everything when I mean everything

and I beg you in whatever you hold dear, I beg you in your mother's name, I beg you in your child's innocent life, I beg you in whichever God you pray too if you're in sport bet or about to start or no matter how far you have gone you can still stop so you don't lose everything like I did before I got my salvation

I was 18 in 2014 and I had just finished from secondary school and Because I loved football so much anything about football intrigued me

I remember writing my jamb and came out in flying colors (260) and I was to proceed to take my post utme when I first found and heard about sport betting

Then it was Rapido I think and Nairabet. It started as fun, just wanting to waste that 100 in excitement of what you loved and I remembered my first winning of 14k ( I wished I never won that)

That 14k I won hooked me in till February of this year and because my close knit friends knew I won that 14k and my love for football they always asked me to "forcast" games for them

I was so hooked to sport bet that my spiritual life suffered because I stopped thinking about God all I wanted was to win that imaginary millions

I remember passing my utme and Mom was happy I passed my utme as all she wanted was for me to have a quality education

Unfortunately life happened and I couldn't proceed to school again as there was no sponsor so I had to get a job in apapa wharf

I was the quiet type, I never drank or smoked or womanize , I don't even talk much unless in my line of duty but all I did was sport bet. I was paid 85k per month because my job was high risk but before I get my salary I would have used it all on sport bet

One thing I never did was steal or lie or use someone's else's money to play sport bet but I was so addicted to this demon called sport bet

From 2016 when I started working in apapa wharf till we were made to stop working because of the pandemic last year I Lost everything I had and worked for due to sport bet

I always dressed well, even till date I still dress well with neat and good cloths so you never know but in between those clothes I was suffering, I was crying each day because I knew I was wasting away

I have never taken cocaine or no the effect it has on those addicted to it but I can tell you nothing beats that of sports bet

I would cry after each lose and say no more but the moment I got another money I was in it again

The bet9ja guy in my neighborhood could allow me play games up to 100k because he knows I would pay him when I get my salary. Each night I prayed and cried to stop this but I was never able to

I rather play sport bet than eat, I knew I was destroying my life but I couldn't stop

I was a good guy, a loyal guy, my boss loved me because I was hard working so he dashes me money but I never saved any, all I did was sport bet

I remember after the first week the pandemic was eased I went to him and told him I had a problem and he asked what's the problem and I told him you are like a father to me so I feel comfortable telling you this( I thought after 4 year's a loyal worker can see a boss as a father), I need help because I'm addicted to sport bet. Then he asked me questions upon questions and I was sincere to each of his questions and he asked me if I had any savings left I told him no that sport bet took everything, he asked if I have ever stolen from him I told him if I did Mr shonibare the auditor would have known but after that he changed drastically

It was after that incident of me telling him I needed help I lost my job.

I was told because of the effect of the pandemic I had to stop coming that I would be called back but it's More than a year I haven't been called but I blame me telling him I was addicted to sport bet

All I wanted was just help

Then I had no job again and had a mouth to feed so I decided to start working as a labourer or doing any menial Job just to survive ( one thing about me was I was hard working and never derelict in my work or hustle) but guess what I never stopped playing sport bet because I wanted that imaginary millions

I would be paid 1500 as a labourer and 1000 would surely go to sport bet that same day and I would eat with 500 and I didn't win

No one knew I was in bondage, no one knew I lost my job because each morning I would dress neat and go do labourer and come home neat like I was coming from apapa, no one knew I was dying slowly due to my addiction

I can't begin to mention in naira how much I lost but thank God today made it 4 months I last played sport bet and I remembered how I stopped

It was a game I was suppose to win 1.8M with a stake of 1500 which was my last money and Liverpool vs Fulham was the last game and I staked it over 1.5 goals and I was excited because Fulham scored in the first half and I said at Last I finally won today and would get a car to do Uber and stop this finally but guess what it ended 1-0 and oh I cried, I cried aloud, I cried and yelled and gnashed my teeth like a woman crying to bring forth a child or like when Mom died, I cried so loud my tenants came and I told them my brother died but that day was my day of salvation

I cried so much ehh and In my tears i prayed to my mother this time around to come and deliver me as I was overwhelmed and needed help and I slept hungry that day because I had no money and I had used my last money to bet and in my dream I remembered I was choking so I vomited I think 50k and a palatable food and in the dream I wanted to take the money and food to eat but I had a voice. Oh I had that voice I hadn't heard for years and she called me my native name that only she did and I looked up and I saw my Mom from afar and she said don't touch it and go back now, but I said to her I was broke and hungry and she said do you want to touch or carry back your vomit? And I said no and she said now go back and I turned and Immediately I woke up I knew I had won but I knew I still had to play my own part to win finally

I went out from all the telegram betting group I belonged too, deactivated my nairaland account because I was always in the bet section, deactivated all of my bet site account

I remembered I didn't play for 3 days and I had 3k saved for the first time in months and I got on Twitter and I saw a guy saying a game is sure and the devil wanted to play with my mind but guess what that same day I had to sale my phone so I don't think or see anything about football , I packed up my DStv and TV not to watch football and see the advert of any sport betting company and for the first time in almost 7 years I went a week without sport bet WOW I was happy. the following week passed and another and another and the money I sold my phone with I didn't touch it, I had saved like 15k from my working as a menial labourer and I got another phone and I thought I was gonna fall but this morning Made it 6 weeks that I got a new phone and I haven't played or logged in to any betting site thank you Jesus

Last night I had to go to Instagram because I was feeling sad because of everything I had lost and i saw my best friend picture, I felt so sad, I cried my eyes because we are Miles apart, he doesn't call or text again and I understand I was useless, I was the brilliant one that fell, I was the lil innocent quiet handsome one that lost his easy due to sport bet

He looked so good and I blamed my self for everything but I'm in the road to recovery

Sport bet Made me lose my job, my mom, my peace, all of my savings, my friends because I couldn't compete with them financially as I was always broke but thank God today I have a New beginning and a fresh start. I know things are so hard right now but I feel like a fresh Man, a Man born again, a Man like a new born. It's almost or More than 90 days now since i last played sport bet and oh I have peace, lol I have such peace, yes occasionally when I don't have somewhere to work or when I'm lonely and think of where I should be I sigh but I say Thank you Jesus, thank you my savior

Please I beg you, sport bet would destroy you, sport bet would end you, sport bet would make you so useless, sport bet would would take everything from you, sport bet would make you lose everything you worked for, sport bet would make you become so isolated. Please stop now. I know it's hard, very hard I have been there but if I can do it I swear you can, I have lost 300k in a day before and the next day I had 2k and lost it again. Please sport bet is devilish and a destiny destroyer. You can't win them, Come out of nairaland for a while if you have too, come out of Twitter if you have too, anything that makes you think about it I'm begging you now please come out of it. Just like yesterday I was 18, now I'm 25, broke, lost everything but it's fine I would rise again. Don't be like me ok

Thank you and God bless us all for reading

You have to start all over again and the first therapy was the fact that you regain consciousness from gambling. And to my fellow nairalanders plz if you have not started gambling plz take to your heels.

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by kingthreat(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2021
Come rain, come sunshine. I am still a bettor. Never been broke. Ever

4 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by QueenVaji: 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2021
omophunky:
Hope you are happy now ?

thunder fire that uour mouth and hand that ur typing with...foolish pig
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by bigcee(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
I play bet too but with my sense. The issue is that you lack discipline and common sense.

2 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by omophunky(m): 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
QueenVaji:

thunder fire that uour mouth and hand that ur typing with...foolish pig
Hahaha guy easy now ! no be me cause ur problems o

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Oyin2212(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Sport betting don't ruin anyone.....anything you do in life. ...always use your sense

For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling and sport betting is among

A big shout out to all my fellow gamblers,risk takers, high rollers , punters and stakers
We will not quit like the bros op
Because quitters never win and winners don't quit
You no dey hear word
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by QueenVaji: 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
Fanuchi007:
A recent research has found out that most gambling addicts are very focused on life goals b4 becoming addicted. That focus when directed to gambling becomes very destructive.

could be true
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Solexgzy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
palsenator:
Let me help you out here... Life is all about odds and in football betting there odds are against you.

Sport betting will give you a useless odd of 1.2 and 1.1 , they will even encourage you to combine those odds so you can win more. If you don't know, that's the genesis of your abysmal failure. Imagine risking 1,000 for 200 naira gain? Are you mad ni? Why would you go for such? Funny enough, the more you combine the higher your chances of losing. Betting is what we do everything but we need to weigh the odds If it favours. Life is all about betting/gamble , even our sleeping and waking are still all about probabilities.

I will advise anyone to stop football betting IF you can't pick JUST A SINGLE GAME WITH MINIMUM ODD OF 1.9

Forget winning millions in single bet. The probability is just 1 out of thousands.

Approach foot betting with a business mindset and you will have control over it.
OG I rep

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by QueenVaji: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
omophunky:
Hahaha guy easy now ! no be me cause ur problems o

u go die like mosquitoe
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by akaahs(m): 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kimjongun:
Government could have regulated this nonsense, but no they won't, it's social media they want to regulate
On the way to review the laws regulating them. The way bet companies are emanating is alarming.

3 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
NewSoul:

Hey bro I'm same age as you. But me I have quit for like 6 months, I deactivated my account. And I can never go to a bet shop to bet because people look up to me as a responsible person. Neither smoke,drink nor womanize. My freedom and your freedom is permanent in Jesus name.

But I don't have a job. If I can have a job now I will be so happy. If you can connect me to that 85k high risk job, I will be glad because I want to go back to school and I need money. Just want to work like for 8 months... Thank you chai!
lol dear brother if I had a job I won't be here replying you oo. Still looking and hoping for a job. Ok dear nairalanders if you have a job for me in any part of Nigeria and any kinda job I would do it please.
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Ayowumie(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
I'm happy you are able to break free from the addiction. May God give you strength and grace to recover all that you have lost.

3 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by orohbiro(f): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
Iovercame:
This is a lil story about my 7 years deep addiction to sport bet and in this 7 years I lost everything when I mean everything

and I beg you in whatever you hold dear, I beg you in your mother's name, I beg you in your child's innocent life, I beg you in whichever God you pray too if you're in sport bet or about to start or no matter how far you have gone you can still stop so you don't lose everything like I did before I got my salvation

I was 18 in 2014 and I had just finished from secondary school and Because I loved football so much anything about football intrigued me

I remember writing my jamb and came out in flying colors (260) and I was to proceed to take my post utme when I first found and heard about sport betting

Then it was Rapido I think and Nairabet. It started as fun, just wanting to waste that 100 in excitement of what you loved and I remembered my first winning of 14k ( I wished I never won that)

That 14k I won hooked me in till February of this year and because my close knit friends knew I won that 14k and my love for football they always asked me to "forcast" games for them

I was so hooked to sport bet that my spiritual life suffered because I stopped thinking about God all I wanted was to win that imaginary millions

I remember passing my utme and Mom was happy I passed my utme as all she wanted was for me to have a quality education

Unfortunately life happened and I couldn't proceed to school again as there was no sponsor so I had to get a job in apapa wharf

I was the quiet type, I never drank or smoked or womanize , I don't even talk much unless in my line of duty but all I did was sport bet. I was paid 85k per month because my job was high risk but before I get my salary I would have used it all on sport bet

One thing I never did was steal or lie or use someone's else's money to play sport bet but I was so addicted to this demon called sport bet

From 2016 when I started working in apapa wharf till we were made to stop working because of the pandemic last year I Lost everything I had and worked for due to sport bet

I always dressed well, even till date I still dress well with neat and good cloths so you never know but in between those clothes I was suffering, I was crying each day because I knew I was wasting away

I have never taken cocaine or no the effect it has on those addicted to it but I can tell you nothing beats that of sports bet

I would cry after each lose and say no more but the moment I got another money I was in it again

The bet9ja guy in my neighborhood could allow me play games up to 100k because he knows I would pay him when I get my salary. Each night I prayed and cried to stop this but I was never able to

I rather play sport bet than eat, I knew I was destroying my life but I couldn't stop

I was a good guy, a loyal guy, my boss loved me because I was hard working so he dashes me money but I never saved any, all I did was sport bet

I remember after the first week the pandemic was eased I went to him and told him I had a problem and he asked what's the problem and I told him you are like a father to me so I feel comfortable telling you this( I thought after 4 year's a loyal worker can see a boss as a father), I need help because I'm addicted to sport bet. Then he asked me questions upon questions and I was sincere to each of his questions and he asked me if I had any savings left I told him no that sport bet took everything, he asked if I have ever stolen from him I told him if I did Mr shonibare the auditor would have known but after that he changed drastically

It was after that incident of me telling him I needed help I lost my job.

I was told because of the effect of the pandemic I had to stop coming that I would be called back but it's More than a year I haven't been called but I blame me telling him I was addicted to sport bet

All I wanted was just help

Then I had no job again and had a mouth to feed so I decided to start working as a labourer or doing any menial Job just to survive ( one thing about me was I was hard working and never derelict in my work or hustle) but guess what I never stopped playing sport bet because I wanted that imaginary millions

I would be paid 1500 as a labourer and 1000 would surely go to sport bet that same day and I would eat with 500 and I didn't win

No one knew I was in bondage, no one knew I lost my job because each morning I would dress neat and go do labourer and come home neat like I was coming from apapa, no one knew I was dying slowly due to my addiction

I can't begin to mention in naira how much I lost but thank God today made it 4 months I last played sport bet and I remembered how I stopped

It was a game I was suppose to win 1.8M with a stake of 1500 which was my last money and Liverpool vs Fulham was the last game and I staked it over 1.5 goals and I was excited because Fulham scored in the first half and I said at Last I finally won today and would get a car to do Uber and stop this finally but guess what it ended 1-0 and oh I cried, I cried aloud, I cried and yelled and gnashed my teeth like a woman crying to bring forth a child or like when Mom died, I cried so loud my tenants came and I told them my brother died but that day was my day of salvation

I cried so much ehh and In my tears i prayed to my mother this time around to come and deliver me as I was overwhelmed and needed help and I slept hungry that day because I had no money and I had used my last money to bet and in my dream I remembered I was choking so I vomited I think 50k and a palatable food and in the dream I wanted to take the money and food to eat but I had a voice. Oh I had that voice I hadn't heard for years and she called me my native name that only she did and I looked up and I saw my Mom from afar and she said don't touch it and go back now, but I said to her I was broke and hungry and she said do you want to touch or carry back your vomit? And I said no and she said now go back and I turned and Immediately I woke up I knew I had won but I knew I still had to play my own part to win finally

I went out from all the telegram betting group I belonged too, deactivated my nairaland account because I was always in the bet section, deactivated all of my bet site account

I remembered I didn't play for 3 days and I had 3k saved for the first time in months and I got on Twitter and I saw a guy saying a game is sure and the devil wanted to play with my mind but guess what that same day I had to sale my phone so I don't think or see anything about football , I packed up my DStv and TV not to watch football and see the advert of any sport betting company and for the first time in almost 7 years I went a week without sport bet WOW I was happy. the following week passed and another and another and the money I sold my phone with I didn't touch it, I had saved like 15k from my working as a menial labourer and I got another phone and I thought I was gonna fall but this morning Made it 6 weeks that I got a new phone and I haven't played or logged in to any betting site thank you Jesus

Last night I had to go to Instagram because I was feeling sad because of everything I had lost and i saw my best friend picture, I felt so sad, I cried my eyes because we are Miles apart, he doesn't call or text again and I understand I was useless, I was the brilliant one that fell, I was the lil innocent quiet handsome one that lost his easy due to sport bet

He looked so good and I blamed my self for everything but I'm in the road to recovery

Sport bet Made me lose my job, my mom, my peace, all of my savings, my friends because I couldn't compete with them financially as I was always broke but thank God today I have a New beginning and a fresh start. I know things are so hard right now but I feel like a fresh Man, a Man born again, a Man like a new born. It's almost or More than 90 days now since i last played sport bet and oh I have peace, lol I have such peace, yes occasionally when I don't have somewhere to work or when I'm lonely and think of where I should be I sigh but I say Thank you Jesus, thank you my savior

Please I beg you, sport bet would destroy you, sport bet would end you, sport bet would make you so useless, sport bet would would take everything from you, sport bet would make you lose everything you worked for, sport bet would make you become so isolated. Please stop now. I know it's hard, very hard I have been there but if I can do it I swear you can, I have lost 300k in a day before and the next day I had 2k and lost it again. Please sport bet is devilish and a destiny destroyer. You can't win them, Come out of nairaland for a while if you have too, come out of Twitter if you have too, anything that makes you think about it I'm begging you now please come out of it. Just like yesterday I was 18, now I'm 25, broke, lost everything but it's fine I would rise again. Don't be like me ok

Thank you and God bless us all for reading
virtual kills not booking u should tell us u played virtual I quit virtual 2 years ago after 3 years of addition now am a millionaire

4 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Maconstruct(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
Sportbet dey trane niggars 4 breakups.
Op no woman can ever break yr heart.
"Man of steel" yu b now.

Regardless na ppl satan embrace na dem dey get beginners luck wey =addiction.

2 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Uniswap: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
josh123:
I dont do betting, but buying crypto, trading forex, binary, crypto and comodities can they be classified as betting?

Nope
Made a fortune from that
Poured it into property

Just avoid futures gambling for and you will be okay
And be a swing traders
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by SecretReporter(f): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
josh123:
I dont do betting, but buying crypto, trading forex, binary, crypto and comodities can they be classified as betting?
same gambling

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by bluefilm: 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
Iovercame:
[s]This is a lil story about my 7 years deep addiction to sport bet and in this 7 years I lost everything when I mean everythingand I beg you in whatever you hold dear, I beg you in your mother's name, I beg you in your child's innocent life, I beg you in whichever God you pray too if you're in sport bet or about to start or no matter how far you have gone you can still stop so you don't lose everything like I did before I got my salvationI was 18 in 2014 and I had just finished from secondary school and Because I loved football so much anything about football intrigued meI remember writing my jamb and came out in flying colors (260) and I was to proceed to take my post utme when I first found and heard about sport bettingThen it was Rapido I think and Nairabet. It started as fun, just wanting to waste that 100 in excitement of what you loved and I remembered my first winning of 14k ( I wished I never won that)That 14k I won hooked me in till February of this year and because my close knit friends knew I won that 14k and my love for football they always asked me to "forcast" games for themI was so hooked to sport bet that my spiritual life suffered because I stopped thinking about God all I wanted was to win that imaginary millionsI remember passing my utme and Mom was happy I passed my utme as all she wanted was for me to have a quality educationUnfortunately life happened and I couldn't proceed to school again as there was no sponsor so I had to get a job in apapa wharfI was the quiet type, I never drank or smoked or womanize , I don't even talk much unless in my line of duty but all I did was sport bet. I was paid 85k per month because my job was high risk but before I get my salary I would have used it all on sport betOne thing I never did was steal or lie or use someone's else's money to play sport bet but I was so addicted to this demon called sport betFrom 2016 when I started working in apapa wharf till we were made to stop working because of the pandemic last year I Lost everything I had and worked for due to sport betI always dressed well, even till date I still dress well with neat and good cloths so you never know but in between those clothes I was suffering, I was crying each day because I knew I was wasting awayI have never taken cocaine or no the effect it has on those addicted to it but I can tell you nothing beats that of sports betI would cry after each lose and say no more but the moment I got another money I was in it againThe bet9ja guy in my neighborhood could allow me play games up to 100k because he knows I would pay him when I get my salary. Each night I prayed and cried to stop this but I was never able toI rather play sport bet than eat, I knew I was destroying my life but I couldn't stopI was a good guy, a loyal guy, my boss loved me because I was hard working so he dashes me money but I never saved any, all I did was sport betI remember after the first week the pandemic was eased I went to him and told him I had a problem and he asked what's the problem and I told him you are like a father to me so I feelcomfortable telling you this( I thought after 4 year's a loyal worker can see a boss as a father), I need help because I'm addicted to sport bet. Then he asked me questions upon questions and I was sincere to each of his questions and he asked me if I had any savings left I told him no that sport bet took everything, he asked if I have ever stolen from him I told him if I did Mr shonibare the auditor would have known but after that he changed drasticallyIt was after that incident of me telling him I needed help I lost my jobI was told because of the effect of the pandemic I had to stop coming that I would be called back but it's More than a year I haven't been called but I blame me telling him I was addicted to sport betAll I wanted was just helpThen I had no job again and had a mouth to feed so I decided to start working as a labourer or doing any menial Job just to survive ( one thing about me was I was hard working and never derelict in my work or hustle) but guess what I never stopped playing sport bet because I wanted that imaginary millionsI would be paid 1500 as a labourer and 1000 would surely go to sport bet that same day and I would eat with 500 and I didn't win
No one knew I was in bondage, no one knew I lost my job because each morning I would dress neat and go do labourer and come home neat like I was coming from apapa, no one knew I was dying slowly due to my addictionI can't begin to mention in naira how much I lost but thank God today made it 4 months I last played sport bet and I remembered how I stoppedIt was a game I was suppose to win 1.8M with a stake of 1500 which was my last money and Liverpool vs Fulham was the last game and I staked it over 1.5 goals and I was excited because Fulham scored in the first half and I said at Last I finally won today and would get a car to do Uber and stop this finally but guess what it ended 1-0 and oh I cried, I cried aloud, I cried and yelled and gnashed my teeth like a woman crying to bring forth a child or like when Mom died, I cried so loud my tenants came and I told them my brother died but that day was my day of salvationI cried so much ehh and In my tears i prayed to my mother this time around to come and deliver me as I was overwhelmed and needed help and I slept hungry that day because I had no money and I had used my last money to bet and in my dream I remembered I was choking so I vomited I think 50k and a palatable food and in the dream I wanted to take the money and food to eat but I had a voice. Oh I had that voice I hadn't heard for years and she called me my native name that only she did and I looked up and I saw my Mom from afar and she said don't touch it and go back now, but I said to her I was broke and hungry and she said do you want to touch or carry back your vomit? And I said no and she said now go back and I turned and Immediately I woke up I knew I had won but I knew I still had to play my own part to win finallyI went out from all the telegram betting group I belonged too, deactivated my nairaland account because I was always in the bet section, deactivated all of my bet site accountI remembered I didn't play for 3 days and I had 3k saved for the first time in months and I got on Twitter and I saw a guy saying a game is sure and the devil wanted to play with my mind but guess what that same day I had to sale my phone so I don't think or see anything about football , I packed up my DStv and TV not to watch football and see the advert of any sport betting company and for the first time in almost 7 years I went a week without sport bet WOW I was happy. the following week passed and another and another and the money I sold my phone with I didn't touch it, I had saved like 15k from my working as a menial labourer and I got another phone and I thought I was gonna fall but this morning Made it 6 weeks that I got a new phone and I haven't played or logged in to any betting site thank you JesusLast night I had to go to Instagram because I was feeling sad because of everything I had lost and i saw my best friend picture, I felt so sad, I cried my eyes because we are Miles apart, he doesn't call or text again and I understand I wasuseless, I was the brilliant one that fell, I was the lil innocent quiet handsome one that lost his easy due to sport betHe looked so good and I blamed my self for everything but I'm in the road to recoverySport bet Made me lose my job, my mom, my peace, all of my savings, my friends because I couldn't compete with them financially as I was always broke but thank God today I have a New beginning and a fresh start. I know things are so hard right now but I feel like a fresh Man, a Man born again, a Man like a new born. It's almost or More than 90 days now since i last played sport bet and oh I have peace, lol I have such peace, yes occasionally when I don't have somewhere to work or when I'm lonely and think of where I should be I sigh but I say Thank you Jesus, thank you my saviorPlease I beg you, sport bet would destroy you, sport bet would end you, sport bet would make you so useless, sport bet would would take everything from you, sport bet would make you lose everything you worked for, sport bet would make you become so isolated. Please stop now. I know it's hard, very hard I have been there but if I can do it I swear you can, I have lost 300k in a day before and the next day I had 2k and lost it again. Please sport bet is devilish and a destiny destroyer. You can't win them, Come out of nairaland for a while if you have too, come out of Twitter if you have too, anything that makes you think about it I'm begging you now please come out of it. Just like yesterday I was 18, now I'm 25, broke, lost everything but it's fine I would rise again. Don't be like me okThank you and God bless us all for reading[/s]

Nonsense.

Absolute nonsense. angry

2 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by jimmychang: 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
dultmax:

Yours is even worse. Forex took my money...we move

Lies bro.... Crypto gave my first million abeg,but I have guys who trade forex they are not broke...maybe you no learn am well or you give person money grin
Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by omophunky(m): 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
QueenVaji:

u go die like mosquitoe
Guy seriously , Is this how you behave in real life ?

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Creamz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
I was almost like you (addicted) to betting. What changed me was three things.

1 I almost won 750k with 10k, then one game just went the wrong way from 10 games. That was always the trend

2 I placed a bet with 100k odd of just 1.2 I did it successfully 4 times, the next time I lost and I continued losing until I lost 200k plus all the profit I thought I had made.

3 My driver always sounded a word of advice to me

A YOUNG GAMBLER IS AN OLD BEGGER

These three things made me change. I haven't placed a bet for two years and I am better for it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Wellington123: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
KINGSCOURT05:
I feel your pain brother. I was so addicted that I normally call myself a professional gambler, I lost more than 20 million naira since 2014 till now, I got a job in the bank in 2016 as executive trainee earning 2.9 million a year but I lost the job last year due to gambling, I lost my beautiful fiancee I lost everything and I still gambled 3 says ago. Always online betting on basketball even when customers are in front of me. I once deceived my fiancee and borrow 5 million naira to invest but I ended up gambling with everything

How did u lost d job due to gambling? Did u use ur company money to gamble, because I don't understand d business ur employer has with ur personal life.... Which bank did u work with?

1 Like

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
Sport betting is actually not the problem. It is greed.

Bet only what you can afford to lose.

But when people accumulate games and see that potential winning is small, that is when greed sets in, and the temptation thereafter to stake huge money.

If it is not greed (or foolishness), why will anyone stake their school fees on something as high-risk as sports betting?

I attempted betting during Russia 2018.

Prior to then, I had opened a 9jabet account which I never used.

So, during Russia 2018, I opened a Nairbet account. My first attempting at betting was in the final match between France and Croatia.

I knew France would win, but because Croatia had the big odd, I chose Croatia.

I had some 40k in my account. The devil kept whispering to me to use it.

I put 5000 in the stake box, potential winning was not encouraging.

I put 10,000, still not encouraging.

I put 30,000, and eventually the whole 40k, because the potential winning made sense.

I played the game.

I had never prayed as much as I did for another country in my life.

Omo, when France scored the 4th goal, my stomach just began to turn. I ran to the toilet and began to stool and vomit at the same time.

After I got myself back, I went back to the match. Croatia pulled one back, and I began to hope. I called on the God of Atlanta 96 and the Daman miracle.

That was how 40k just disappeared.

I have betted since after then. I have won some and lost some.

But I have learnt to control the urge to go overboard. The highest I have staked since then was 5000 naira (which I lost).

I have won 10k with 2k. I have even won 15k with 4k.

I have lost money as well.

Nothing is sure in life.

But you must learn the rules of the game.

Discipline and self-control.

Know when to leave, know when to take a break.

The essence is so that when the spirit is telling you to stake your school fees, you will be strong enough to resist.

8 Likes

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by OloyeVIII: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
Crack Cocaine & Gambling are a big NO.. in 2011 i was at wuse, i think Golden Gate i saw something at a bet shop "winners know when to stop" and ever since i bet with my mouth..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years by Emmypure: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
I was once an addicted gambler like u op, but I found out that virtual is my problem not sport bet, then I decided to quit virtual and face sport, and I have no regrets, and I play it for fun only on weekends and ucl days, since league finished I have not played game, I only play league games

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Shows Dance Moves In Dressing Room After FA CUP Win (Photos) / Photo Of Chelsea Star Willian Getting Baptised In River Jordan / This Lionel Messi Meme Will Have You Reeling With Laughter ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.