Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. (23541 Views)

Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job / 5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / Latest Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers For Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by BigDawsNet: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
ma nigga that shiit won't work in naija
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by easzypeaszy(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
i went to an interview wt 4yrs experience on same post but d pay is lik x3
The small girl der wont let me talk...in my mind u guys r even supose to offer me glass water or coffee
so we can discus d job n wht am bringin to d organization
i just stoodup n left

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by arixona: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
othermen:
Experience is just one piece out of many requirements for a job. However it is a very piece, more than your education or qualification, it says you can do the job.
How will you have experience if you just graduated?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by jericco1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
Many people have been employed that way you know

1 Like

Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2021
othermen:
Experience is just one piece out of many requirements for a job. However it is a very piece, more than your education or qualification, it says you can do the job.

It should depend on the position being filled. High critical positions can have experience as a criteria as success here can be crucial but less critical positions should be allowed some growth on the job. You could even develop a more skilled pool of candidates for your more critical roles if you allow your workforce develop on the job with the added advantage of them being a "made for the job fit".

1 Like

Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by observanc1: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
Op, how is that a perfect interview?
Organisations state clearly the level of staff they want to employ. That job is for entry level, where whatever previous experience u have doesnt matter.
Are u telling me that if an organisation advertises that they are looking for a graduate of economics or statistics with at least 10 years previous experience, u will go there and say 'no experience?' The way and manner they will bounce u, u will be surprised.
Even if u have 20 years experience elsewhere, u will gain new experiences in any new organisation u are employed.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by siofra(f): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
angry

Why are you angry?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by siofra(f): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
marriseller:

I think you should wake up from your dream!

Ha! grin
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by Skillsnigeria: 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2021
grin
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by siofra(f): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2021
Calmthunder:
Hahaha
Will you do that if you have a company?

Yes I will.
This is mostly done by intuitive employers.
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by observanc1: 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
LordReed:

It should depend on the position being filled. High critical positions can have experience as a criteria as success here can be crucial but less critical positions should be allowed some growth on the job. You could even develop a more skilled pool of candidates for your more critical roles if you allow your workforce develop on the job with the added advantage of them being a "made for the job fit".
exactly. Response to previous experience question depends on what the HR advertised.
If a company advertises that they are looking for an MD with 20 years experience in similar organisation, are u going to go there and say u have no experience?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by observanc1: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
siofra:

Yes I will.
This is mostly done by intuitive employers.
expatiate on intuitive employers please, let me understand.
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by observanc1: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
jericco1:
Many people have been employed that way you know
that's if they are looking for fresh graduates for senior staff entry positions.
If you are looking for a Chief Security Officer, are u going to employ someone with no previous experience?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by siofra(f): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
observanc1:
expatiate on intuitive employers please, let me understand.

These are employers who think about the future, they are not interested in your past experience instead they're interested in what you can do, the value you will add to the development of the company.
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by observanc1: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
siofra:

These are employers who think about the future, they are not interested in your past experience instead they're interested in what you can do, the value you will add to the development of the company.

if they are not interested in your past experience, why will they ask u "any previous experience?"
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by Karleb(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
ClassicMan202:
It's all good until they employ doctor like that and him use your life gain experience grin

Are you telling me doctors are born with experience?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by jericco1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
observanc1:
that's if they are looking for fresh graduates for senior staff entry positions.
If you are looking for a Chief Security Officer, are u going to employ someone with no previous experience?

I won't, will you?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by FutureHNDRxXx: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
Pictorial representation of secret cults in Nigeria cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by Horlarteey: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
Me: Why should we hire u?

Interviewee: I am very passionate about the job. I see this opportunity as a means to learn and grow in my field

Me: So if we tell you to come and grow but no salary, will u accept, since u are really passionate about your field of learning

Interviewee: But sir, money is virtue

Me: Are you here for money or because of your passion

Interviewee:

Me: See, we will get back to you
Interviewee: Please sir

Me: But I said we will get back to you
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by HEAVEN4444: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
siofra:

Why are you angry?
lmao i am actually not angry.i was booking space cheesy how are you ?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by siofra(f): 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
lmao i am actually not angry.i was booking space cheesy how are you ?

Okay grin
I'm fine smiley
You?
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by HEAVEN4444: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
siofra:

Okay grin
I'm fine smiley
You?
good to hear. I am fine too. just relaxing on this nice saturday ooo. grin
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by uuzba(m): 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Unemployment na him de make employers do employees and job applicants anyhow
Simple!
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by AK481(m): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
It has always been like that for trainee jobs
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by Gjmff: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
Not in nigeria
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by observanc1: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
jericco1:

I won't, will you?
why will i when i'm not a mad man
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by kllinxman(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
Only few get the sapa, the door is already open.
Re: This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. by Frenzy01(m): 5:35am On Jul 04, 2021
Not in the zoo anyways.. Maybe in saner climes.

meanwhile, I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Osahon Ewansiha Hired By Prestofresco In Italy For Preventing Robbery / Relocating To Lagos? Here Are 13 Things To Note About Job Opportunities In Lagos / Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.