Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,900 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) (50014 Views)

Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by techWriter2: 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
So when are they moving an oga there
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by crackhaus: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
Is this how they do inspection, abi na sight-seeing be this?

The pictures they are showing us are just for photo ops.
If the news is really accurate, then I'm sure they will do the thorough inspections in the background behind cameras.

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by tempusfugit: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
THE FIRST TIME I WENT TO LAGOS JUST FOR A VIST, SUPPOSE TO STAY FOR 3 WEEKS, OMO AFTER 1 WEEK I RAN BACK TO MY SOUTH SOUTH, OMO WAITHIN I SEE FOR LAGOS MY MOUTH NOR GO FIT TALK AM
Olukat:
Where are those who call for Gov. Udom's head on this project?
Akwa Ibom is getting it right and this will bring in good revenue and pride.
Truth be told if you live in Lagos and visit Akwa Ibom you will find a way to wash your already laundered clothes grin grin grin
I'm not from there, proudly Rivers shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by tempusfugit: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2021
YEAH , WE NEED GOOD LEADERS, SOUTH SOUTH HAS HUGE POTENTIAL MORE ANY OTHER REGION IN NIGERIA
skywalker240:

how i wish every south south government would key in and also encourage successive gorvernment always build such structures at least in their duration, that would be game over lagos.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Geobless(m): 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
They should start making plans to relocate before 2022 elapse.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Geobless(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2021
They should start making plans to relocate before 2022 elapse.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
I Remembered when we were young: I was always fascinated by tall buildings until some village people told me that, if u build an upstairs, you will die. Aswear I believed that false claim for as long as my ignorance permit. That should be about 9/10 years before I opposed that crazy belief.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Bifwoli: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
yinkus6750:
Thank God, Mobil has finally showed interest in the huge investment by the state government.
It's a simple one, you can't be operating on the field in Akwa Ibom, and your corporate head office will be at Lekki .
Akwa Ibom will reap huge benefits from this at the end.
But state governments should NOT be in the business of putting up speculative office buildings for tenancy. Nowhere in the world ...USA , Germany ,India,Ethiopia ... where state gov't does this kinda stuff.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by POTUS9ja(m): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
My feelings exactly!

This is a sham job. This Governor has consistently proved his lack of intelligence.

So Exxon Mobil was not in the loop before the so called Smart building was constructed?

So they are now just inspecting it to determine if the building is worth their attention?

This is not what the Government told us at the inception. We were told emphatically that at completion, Exxon Mobil and other multinationals will be tenants. That the goal is to get them to relocate their headquarters.

This was the justification for the project. Many of us were sceptical but we just had to wait and see. Question now is, if the oil company detest the project and refused to relocate, what becomes if it. We criticized at the beginning the foolhardiness of this logic.

Governor Udom is a Mastermind of white elephant projects. As widely travelled and supposedly sophisticated as we were made to believe he is, he keeps letting his people down.

In the mist of excruciating pains of hunger and poverty Akwaibomites are going through currently, this Governor has embarked serially on projects with no direct economic impact on his people. There is this multibillion naira worship center in progress and the new Lagos liason office. Both projects that are basically needless given that Akwaibom has been adjudged by the National bureau of statistics as the State with the highest poverty rate.

This is the same Akwaibom that 99.9% are christians and there are churches on every Street. So why build an extra church? Is this the work of Government? This is a State where the unemployment figures are ceiling-high.

Is this not indeed an Irony? A state which ranks highest in terms of federal allocation?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by POTUS9ja(m): 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2021
Bifwoli:
But state governments should NOT be in the business of putting up speculative office buildings for tenancy. Nowhere in the world ...USA , Germany ,India,Ethiopia ... where state gov't does this kinda stuff.

It's just crazy meeeen!
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by POTUS9ja(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
jamesversion:
Lol. Why do I have a feeling that Mobil has been dragged down by AKSG to "visit" that Ibom building. AKSG is just looking for positive reviews and the PR that goes with it.

What does it take Mobil to acquire land somewhere in Uyo and build whatever the company feels befits them.

My thoughts exactly!

See my reaction in my comment
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Raph82(m): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
See dat man belle, pregnant woman own sef no reach dat. E don chop oil money burst!!
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by berryspinns(m): 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
Facebook account for sale if intrested contact me on 08137110139
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Guyman111: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Relocate then enough of talking.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by htdot: 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hunchogee:
EXXONMOBIL LAUDS AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT ON WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE

By Glory James

[/b]ExxonMobil is impressed with the state, standard and quality of work at the Dakkada Tower.[b]

The Head Public and Government Affairs of the organization, Mr Effiong Esumo, stated this in Uyo when he led a delegation of ExxonMobil staff to inspect the facility on Friday.

Mr Esumo said he was delighted that the building and the installed facilities are of world class standard.

"we don't find much issue with the building or facility apart from some few areas that could be addressed as an in-tenant, but overall it is a fantastic facility", he said.

Mr Esumo also said the visit was primarily because the organization has much interest in the building and assured that management of his organization will meet and be briefed on his findings after which they will get back to the Akwa Ibom State Government.

[/b]"The fact that we are here shows we have serious interest for the facility" he added.[b]

The Commissioner for Ministry of Special Duties, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Etteh received and conducted the delegation round the facility.

The Special Duties Boss who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Engr. Efiong Efiakedoho applauded ExxonMobil for furthering its interest in the Dakkadda Tower by sending the delegation for facility inspection.

The Commissioner assured that any adaptations and suggestions to the Tower to better its functionality will be implemented, where possible.
But i only counted 19...
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Vado(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
People like these want no split Nigeria.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by zoedew: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hunchogee:
EXXONMOBIL LAUDS AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT ON WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE

By Glory James

[/b]ExxonMobil is impressed with the state, standard and quality of work at the Dakkada Tower.[b]

The Head Public and Government Affairs of the organization, Mr Effiong Esumo, stated this in Uyo when he led a delegation of ExxonMobil staff to inspect the facility on Friday.

Mr Esumo said he was delighted that the building and the installed facilities are of world class standard.

"we don't find much issue with the building or facility apart from some few areas that could be addressed as an in-tenant, but overall it is a fantastic facility", he said.

Mr Esumo also said the visit was primarily because the organization has much interest in the building and assured that management of his organization will meet and be briefed on his findings after which they will get back to the Akwa Ibom State Government.

[/b]"The fact that we are here shows we have serious interest for the facility" he added.[b]

The Commissioner for Ministry of Special Duties, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Etteh received and conducted the delegation round the facility.

The Special Duties Boss who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Engr. Efiong Efiakedoho applauded ExxonMobil for furthering its interest in the Dakkadda Tower by sending the delegation for facility inspection.

The Commissioner assured that any adaptations and suggestions to the Tower to better its functionality will be implemented, where possible.
What the people of the SS should have done decades back is to plug into the value chain up, down and midstream of the oil business. Thankfully they are waking up now that it's thirty years to the dry up of the well!
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by HRMK: 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
lets hope it doesnt turn out to be a #whiteelephant bcs of usual poor maintenance culture.am sure it wuld end up bn named after the gov!as if he used his personal money for the project!!
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by nextstep(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ibom amaka! grin grin

In spite of FG, many states are doing the best they can.
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
crackhaus:
Is this how they do inspection, abi na sight-seeing be this?

The pictures they are showing us are just for photo ops.
If the news is really accurate, then I'm sure they will do the thorough inspections in the background behind cameras.
So I must show you everything abi..try get small sense oo.
Meanwhile that the second time they are visiting that building.. the first time was the company JVO manager with rhino CEO etv

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by zoedew: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
triplec93:
A good development, they should move their head quarters ASAP. Enough is enough. I know the Yoruba staff would kick against that strongly like they did years back with nlng relocating to Port Harcourt. My Niger Delta people eye don dey clear. Monkey no go work but baboon dey chop.
A thousand and one businesses are waiting to take up tenancy at Mobil Hq in Lagos. Very vantage location.

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Penguin2:
Udom Ayaya!

Akwa Ibom Ayaya!

Udom is an investor

Investor? How is he an investor?
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by ZooOga: 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

They article clearly says they are not yet tenants of the building but only came to inspect and evaluate to show interest ...my question is asking about timeline of when they will actually pay and resume

Why not ask ExxonMobil directly if you are really that inquisitive? I'm sure someone in public relations will respond to your request for further information.

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/Locations/Nigeria

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/About-us/Contact-us

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/About-us/Contact-us/Directory
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by kode12: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
Who the hell installed a computer with VGA cables and that scrappy CPU in this era?
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hunchogee:

So I must show you everything abi..try get small sense oo.
Meanwhile that the second time they are visiting that building.. the first time was the company JVO manager with rhino CEO etv

Na so so visit dem de visit? Abi d building na tourist attraction?
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
Which kind belle be this one abeg

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
lexy2014:
Which kind belle be this one abeg
Na money and beer grin
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by akdjr(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
I bet you that mythological tower of Babel was not as tall as this. But religion will not make you think but just believe everyone on earth were living inside the tower and God cause confusion to change the language they speak

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Na so so visit dem de visit? Abi d building na tourist attraction?
You think say e dey easy
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
akdjr:
I bet you that mythological tower of Babel was not as tall as this. But religion will not make you think but just believe everyone on earth were living inside the tower and God cause confusion to change the language they speak
grin
Re: Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
kode12:
Who the hell installed a computer with VGA cables and that scrappy CPU in this era?
Any better suggestions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / When Is It Right For A Landlord To Give Quit Notice? / Ogun Govt Orders Demolition Of 5-storey DATKEM Plaza Owned By Funke Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.