Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment (14257 Views)

Inflation Was Lower When CBN Governors Were Economists / Chinese Loans: How FG Signed Empty Loan Repayment Documents – Reps / 2019 Elections: Ex-CBN Governors On 1000 Notes Speak In Edited Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by adebwalex(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2021
Our Incoming President 2023.. Buhari will hand over to his in house disciple,..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Minister for condolence now has ministry of settlement of disputes included in his portfolio.
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by slimghost(m): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2021
What an achievement! Retards!!
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by favour32(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2021
UstazAhmed:
Osinbajo is good but his inability to contain his peoples Oduduwa agitation or tell them boldly to stop is a warning sign to us that he can support them to destroy Nigeria
Has Buhari curtailed his Fulani herdsmen brothers from killing of people?

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by TheRareGem1(f): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2021
Nonexistent1:
Minister for condolence now has ministry of settlement of disputes included in his portfolio.

The way some people comments on this platform, you will think they don't go to school.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2021
drizslim:
I want a bank to give me a loan & leave me alone
My collat na God
Is it too much to ask?

That's how many banks failed in the past....they gave out money in loans to people like you, rich and poor...who would then refuse to pay.

Get a proper collateral or forget about the loan. Stop misusing God.
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by blacknoir: 7:37am On Jul 04, 2021
DEROX:
wink MY VP PEPPER DEM 2023 BANGER
True talk ,I really hope he emerges as president ,his opposition is strong but non is stronger than God

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by ayenale1(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2021
UstazAhmed:
Osinbajo is good but his inability to contain his peoples Oduduwa agitation or tell them boldly to stop is a warning sign to us that he can support them to destroy Nigeria
U sound the same as your grammatical blunder but i got the message...for your mind u don talk, why can't Mr President boldly tell his own tribesmen to stop the killings both in the north and south because he's aiding them to destroy Nigeria, Biafra and Oduduwa republics...next time analyze your thoughts before writing...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Goldbw122(m): 7:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Good and bad cop situation
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Danny555: 7:46am On Jul 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by TheRareGem1(f): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2021
Temptee101:
shocked

A whole VP turned into a mere mediator between two corrupt entities.

Osunbaede comes out once in a blue moon like a seasonal movie.

I swearugod, if i was in this man's shoes, i would have resigned a long time ago and saved myself and family from further embarrassment.

The least minister or aide in buhari cult is more respected than this man.

Meanwhile, your elder are mute about the rearrest of their slave master. How's that?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by drizslim(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2021
Beancounter93:

That's how many banks failed in the past....they gave out money in loans to people like you, rich and poor...who would then refuse to pay.

Get a proper collateral or forget about the loan. Stop misusing God.
ur fada
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Honesty36(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2021
It's money related so he's quick to solve their differences make the matter no go deeper because Las las many yansh fit open

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Mordecai(m): 7:52am On Jul 04, 2021
undecided

The op and the first five comments are from Osinbajo's media team. I wonder if they think NLers don't know them.

TheRareGem1:

Meanwhile, your elder are mute about the rearrest of their slave master. How's that?

Osinbajo's media aide abusing the entire Igbo tribe. And thinks Igbo are not taking note. When elections come, he'll expect these elders to "build bridges and come support him".

UstazAhmed:

This is how the Fulani caged him, and he threw his people and conscience under the bus.

LandMann:
Vice President turned loan mediator.

Completely unnecessary.

If the governors fail to repay, deduct it from their monthly allocation simple.

After all the governors don't work in their states, don't pay salaries but drive exotic cars and pay their own salaries and those of their stooges timely.

State governors have become useless just as they have rendered local governments useless.

This "strong man" show we run in this country is our undoing. Build strong instructions and let them run on their own such as crypto smart contracts run automatically without intervention of their creators or dev.

Osibanjo should face his constitutional responsibilities instead of undermining institutional process by jumping in to mediate or always getting in the news for either chopping corn in public or sharing peanuts to market women.

Enough is enough.

This is the most sensible post. If we want things to be right, then we have to start doing things right. Using VP office to subvert things like loan repayments is a bad symptom.
I wonder if those governors will say same of their foreign loans. They will pay those ones religiously. And then refuse to service the local ones because people like Osinbajo are waiting to create political capital out of subverting rules and processes.

Op should take this post down. It's not a good thing the VP is doing.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2021
drizslim:
ur fada

May you have a blessed and proseprous day, and may God or your gods bless you richly
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Umsworld: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2021
Temptee101:
shocked

I swearugod, if i was in this man's shoes, i would have resigned a long time ago and saved myself and family from further embarrassment.

Liar looking for opportunity tobloody loot the country at any capacity
Na so we trust one nice guy for my area with councilorship the next thing baba go dey chop with cabal(In Abdulkareems voice

NOTE:HE IS INCHARGE OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMIC COUNCIL (NEC)THIS IS ONE OF HIS DUTIES,WISE UP

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by pseudaria: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2021
TrebleChamp:
My President come 2023

My friend shut up.
Shameless morons.
Disgrace no dey tire una, no matter how the fulani cabal dey slap una head you guys are still hoping holding on to straws. Afonjas indeed
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by SocialJustice: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2021
Yemi Osinbajo for president.
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by stepaside2: 8:36am On Jul 04, 2021
Mordecai:
undecided

The op and the first five comments are from Osinbajo's media team. I wonder if they think NLers don't know them.

Osinbajo's media aide abusing the entire Igbo tribe. And thinks Igbo are not taking note. When elections come, he'll expect these elders to "build bridges and come support him".

This is how the Fulani caged him, and he threw his people and conscience under the bus.

This is the most sensible post. If we want things to be right, then we have to start doing things right. Using VP office to subvert things like loan repayments is a bad symptom.
I wonder if those governors will say same of their foreign loans. They will pay those ones religiously. And then refuse to service the local ones because people like Osinbajo are waiting to create political capital out of subverting rules and processes.

Op should take this post down. It's not a good thing the VP is doing.
But you won't mention why Governors can't pay. They took loans, pay back. No they will prefer to blackmail FG as Obaseki did. But someone comes in to mediate a peaceful resolution and you are saying many things. Ok what is the solution? If FG goes ahead to deduct from their allocation, you will be the first to scream blue murder
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by lastempero: 8:41am On Jul 04, 2021
Errand man
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by lexy2014: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2021
TheRareGem1:
We know that who he is, a problem solver and a peace maker, amongst many of his attributes.

With regards d subject matter, how will this "problem solved" improve d living standard of nigerians? If d go Ernie's take loans, have nothing to show for d loans and yet can't pay d same loans, what problem has been solved and what peace has been made?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by lexy2014: 8:53am On Jul 04, 2021
UstazAhmed:

But has d same osinbajo not been supporting buhari to take Nigeria backwards? Why aren't u complaining about that?
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by lexy2014: 8:56am On Jul 04, 2021
Joylove2324:
Osinbajo is Indeed a FIXER, he always comes through whenever it seems there is no way. We are so lucky to have him as the Vice President and i hope the CBN and the states government can now have a robust synergy between them now.

What exactly has been fixed in this issue? D loans taken are depositors funds and d longer d state governors default on payment, d more it negatively affects d banking system. How does that translate to "robust synergy"? Do d governors have anything to show for d loans they have taken? So what exactly are u saying osinbajo has fixed?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by rajiedreez: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2021
No you won't resign at all. Be in his shoes first them you'll know how fit the shoe is. Na person wey dey touchline dey see player error
Temptee101:
shocked

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Oblang(m): 9:12am On Jul 04, 2021
LandMann:
Vice President turned loan mediator.

Completely unnecessary.

If the governors fail to repay, deduct it from their monthly allocation simple.

After all the governors don't work in their states, don't pay salaries but drive exotic cars and pay their own salaries and those of their stooges timely.

State governors have become useless just as they have rendered local governments useless.

This "strong man" show we run in this country is our undoing. Build strong instructions and let them run on their own such as crypto smart contracts run automatically without intervention of their creators or dev.

Osibanjo should face his constitutional responsibilities instead of undermining institutional process by jumping in to mediate or always getting in the news for either chopping corn in public or sharing peanuts to market women.

Enough is enough.

And this he did is not his constitutional responsibility? So u don't know constitutionally, he chairs the NEC under which this issue was discussed and resolved? If I may ask, what are his constitutional duties that he is not doing?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by seyz91(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2021
So na ontop nairaland una dey sell rice? cheesy
Igyeseh06:
Nice one Mr Vice President.
You are the only person whom some of us can trust in this administration.

I dey sell rice.
Stone free, neat local rice.

Check my signature for details.
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Ogbuabana: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2021
*Purchase our Online Banking Script Click below*

*Once Payment Successful Download Link Will Be Sent To Your Email Automatically*

https://flutterwave.com/store/sefantech/tnqryw5wmmok

*OR*

https://paystack.com/buy/latest-online-banking-php-script-with-e-mail-and-sms-alert-z
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by adelaja70(m): 9:46am On Jul 04, 2021
pseudaria:

My friend shut up.
Shameless morons.
Disgrace no dey tire una, no matter how the fulani cabal dey slap una head you guys are still hoping holding on to straws. Afonjas indeed
Ibos wey dem no slap dia head what have they gained.. Oponu!
Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by adelaja70(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2021
Oblang:

And this he did is not his constitutional responsibility? So u don't know constitutionally, he chairs the NEC under which this issue was discussed and resolved? If I may ask, what are his constitutional duties that he is not doing?
Ignore them... They reason like Obuko. What am i saying, Obuko is better than them.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment by Mordecai(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2021
stepaside2:

But you won't mention why Governors can't pay. They took loans, pay back. No they will prefer to blackmail FG as Obaseki did. But someone comes in to mediate a peaceful resolution and you are saying many things. Ok what is the solution? If FG goes ahead to deduct from their allocation, you will be the first to scream blue murder

It is not the FG's job to deduct money from the allocation, nor is it the governor's job. It's the CBN's job. And the CBN should just go ahead and do it. If the FG borrowed from CBN, the CBN should also collect the repayment accordingly. The fact that a supposedly independent corporation like CBN is yoked to FG is even an indictment on the office of the VP.

If any governor needs to refinance their borrowings, they should approach the relevant bank, make their case and negotiate. If any bank lends outside regulatory guidelines, CBN should fine them accordingly.

The VP's interference should be to ensure that the right thing is done, period.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Move To Declare Defecting Reps’ Seats Vacant / Ortom Backs Southern Governors On Anti-Grazing Laws, Rotational Presidency / Why I Cannot Implement School Feeding In 2016 Budget – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.