Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) (33270 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Governors Get ₦‎651M Hardship Allowance / Buni: Osinbajo, Governors Begin Talks As Fear Grips APC / COVID-19: Fear Grips Osinbajo, Governors Over Bala Moham­med's Self-Isolation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by TheRareGem1(f): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kingstanding:
. That is what pastor Osinbajo is good at. Ceremonial vice president.

He is also known for; one who took Nigeria out of recession twice, transform our MSME sector, one who his initiative will be going concern (research that), restore normalcy in Niger Delta etc.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by LCling: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
WAS GOODLUCK JONATHAN A PROPHET?

"The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises…
Our political opponents shall assail us with the fury of their desperation to win power. They will use every means – intimidation, false accusations, hostile media and more. Do not descend to their level. We must stay focused on the mission at hand – to secure Nigeria’s future.”
Jonathan's acceptance speech to run for second term at Eagle Square in Abuja, Dec, 2014

Source:https://www.naij.com/341108-jonathans-acceptance-speech-in-10-quotes.html

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Tinubuadvocate: 11:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
[s]
iamyemiakins:
Tinubu would've been here but it seems he's getting the message and real picture of how he's on his own in the pursuit of his ambition
[/s] fuvk your ass man.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by DEROX: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
BSsniffer:
Celebration of shit: wealth surrounded by poverty and lack. Governor appointed emir.

Look how osinbanjo has emanciated and gotten older......lmao this guy would die if given the presidency. Restructuring or we divide is the only solution.
PAINS i know how you feel seeing the kind of love they show him
wink
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by BSsniffer: 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
DEROX:
PAINS i know how you feel seeing the kind of love they show him
wink

Am in more pains seeing my Yoruba brother intermingle with snakes, vipers and cow fvckers.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Franking: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2021
TheRareGem1:

You should read this, and stop exposing your Ignorance please, this is just a few weeks ago.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/nigeria-needs-leaders-that-can-unite-nigerians-osinbajo-says-at-onirus-coronation-anniversary/?amp=1

Taa gbafuo. If the point is lost on u then that's another level of ignorance. U will defend anything.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 12:22am On Jul 04, 2021
No body de even hail osibanjo because he’s not a Muslim northerner

If na buhari now they fit don de shout sai bastard
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by perdollar(m): 12:59am On Jul 04, 2021
SLS! 'Karma is a bitch indeed'..... Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Bimpe29: 2:42am On Jul 04, 2021
Congratulations HRH!
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Freelane33(m): 2:58am On Jul 04, 2021
Thank God they didn’t put pastor
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:52am On Jul 04, 2021
Nonsense people
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by ElValiente(m): 8:03am On Jul 04, 2021
naptu2:
2nd picture below = Vice President Osinbajo and Alhaji Aminu Dantata.

Dantata the real OG. If you no you no.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by ElValiente(m): 8:04am On Jul 04, 2021
I see PYO campaigning for president of the country. Picture speaks volumes. This I have seen. grin
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Sheriman(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2021
15th Fulani Man install as Emir of Kano in a full Hausa land. Fulani has successfully subjugated and done with the North remain the South with their evil agenda
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by vickydevoka(m): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2021
Franking:

Not only in Kano. Illorin nko? And most of the north their emirs are all Fulanis. The Hausa are a conquered people na.
Jesus. Are u serious. Though I heard that Emir was brought by the fulani. So it's there own thing

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Franking: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2021
vickydevoka:

Jesus. Are u serious. Though I heard that Emir was brought by the fulani. So it's there own thing

Na Fulani be the problem not Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by NairaMaster1(m): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2021
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2021
LCling:
WAS GOODLUCK JONATHAN A PROPHET?

"The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises…
Our political opponents shall assail us with the fury of their desperation to win power. They will use every means – intimidation, false accusations, hostile media and more. Do not descend to their level. We must stay focused on the mission at hand – to secure Nigeria’s future.”
Jonathan's acceptance speech to run for second term at Eagle Square in Abuja, Dec, 2014

Source:https://www.naij.com/341108-jonathans-acceptance-speech-in-10-quotes.html
A prophet has no value in his own country.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2021
vickydevoka:

Borno was the main original Northern Kingdom not conquered by Dan Fodio and his Jihadists. All other notable emirs and sarkins are Fulani. They replaced all original Hausa kings with relatives and warriors of Dan Fodio.
Borno by the way is mostly Kanuri. Shehu of Borno was second in ranking to Sultan of Sokoto in colonial times in Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
AreaFada2:

Borno was the main original Northern Kingdom not conquered by Dan Fodio and his Jihadists. All other notable emits and sarkins are Fulani. They replaced all original Hausa kings with relatives and warriors of Dan Fodio.
Borno by the way is mostly Kanuri. Shehu of Borno was second in ranking to Sultan of Sokoto in colonial times in Northern Nigeria.

I wonder when they started using arab titles such as "emir" and ottoman titles such as "sultan", indeed the title which we now refer to as "sultan of sokoto" was called "sardauna of sokoto" before the civil war.
I hate all these copy copy of other people's titles which we can also see with the "yorubas" copying of the title of the emperor of Benin empire.

People should at least preserve their ancestral titles and do away with copying other people.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

I wonder when they started using arab titles such as "emir" and ottoman titles such as "sultan", indeed the title which we now refer to as "sultan of sokoto" was called "sardauna of sokoto" before the civil war.
I hate all these copy copy of other people's titles which we can also see with the "yorubas" copying of the title of the emperor of Benin empire.

People should at least preserve their ancestral titles and do away with copying other people.

Sultan of Sokoto and Sardauna of Sokoto are two different titles. Sir Siddiqi Abubakar III was the Sultan of Sokoto from 1938 - 1988. His cousin, Sir Ahmadu Bello, wanted to be the Sultan, but he lost out to Sir Siddiqi. Sir Siddiqi then made him the Sardauna of Sokoto.

The former minister of finance, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji was turbaned as the Sardauna of Sokoto in 1990 and he is the current Sardauna.

Picture 1) Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji. He is the current Sardauna of Sokoto and he was the minister of budget and national planning from 1988-1990 and minister of finance from 1990-1991.

Picture 2) Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar is the Sultan of Sokoto. He is the son of Sir Siddiqi Abubakar and he is a former army officer.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
naptu2:

Sultan of Sokoto and Sardauna of Sokoto are two different titles. Sir Siddiqi Abubakar III was the Sultan of Sokoto from 1938 - 1988. His cousin, Sir Ahmadu Bello, wanted to be the Sultan, but he lost out to Sir Siddiqi. Sir Siddiqi then made him the Sardauna of Sokoto.

The former minister of finance, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji was turbaned as the Sardauna of Sokoto in 1990 and he is the current Sardauna.
Thanks for the information, I thought it were the same title.

So does this mean that danfodio just took the ottoman title after overtaking some haussa kingdoms ?
I wonder why he didn't take an indigenous title ?

Do you know why some other northern monarchs are using the arab title of emir ?
If you could tell me when these adoptions of middle-eastern titles started in northern nigeria, I would appreciate.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
naptu2:

Picture 1) Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji. He is the current Sardauna of Sokoto and he was the minister of budget and national planning from 1988-1990 and minister of finance from 1990-1991.

Picture 2) Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar is the Sultan of Sokoto. He is the son of Sir Siddiqi Abubakar and he is a former army officer.

Though, did you just get that from wikipedia or do you actually know anything about the topic ?
I just got your story in wikipedia.

OK, I don't think you can answer my above questions. You should try and give credit to your information source instead of pretending to be knowledgeable in your own right.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

Thanks for the information, I thought it were the same title.

So does this mean that danfodio just took the ottoman title after overtaking some haussa kingdoms ?
I wonder why he didn't take an indigenous title ?

Do you know why some other northern monarchs are using the arab title of emir ?
If you could tell me when these adoptions of middle-eastern titles started in northern nigeria, I would appreciate.

The Ottoman Turks did not originate the title of Sultan. Several rulers in the Middle East used that title before them.

There are also many other rulers that use the title of Emir. A very good and easy example is the United Arab Emirates
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
naptu2:

The Ottoman Turks did not originate the title of Sultan. Several rulers in the Middle East used that title before them.

There are also many other rulers that use the title of Emir. A very good and easy example is the United Arab Emirates

1) "the united arab emirates" people are arabs so how does that contradict my claim of "emir" being an arab title ?

2) which rulers used the sultan title before the ottomans ?
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

Though, did you just get that from wikipedia or do you actually know anything about the topic ?
I just got your story in wikipedia.

OK, I don't think you can answer my above questions. You should try and give credit to your information source instead of pretending to be knowledgeable in your own right.

Are you only just finding out that Alhaji Alhaji is the Sardauna of Sokoto? Didn't you witness the controversy that arose when Dasuki was made the Sultan after Sir Siddiqi died? How old are you? Are you one of those kids that rely on Google for everything?

Read the thread in my signature. I posted a picture of Alhaji Alhaji in 2013. I witnessed when he was minister of budget and national planning from 1988-1990

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

1) "the united arab emirates" people are arabs so how does that contradict my claim of "emir" being an arab title ?

2) which rulers used the sultan title before the ottomans ?

I wasn't contradicting your claim that it is an Arab title. You asked which other people, apart from Northern Nigeria, use the title Emir. I gave you an example.

It seems that, for some reason, you are more interested in a quarrel rather than a discussion.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
naptu2:

Are you only just finding out that Alhaji Alhaji is the Sardauna of Sokoto? Didn't you witness the controversy that arose when Dasuki was made the Sultan after Sir Siddiqi died? How old are you? Are you one of those kids that rely on Google for everything?

Read the thread in my signature. I posted a picture of Alhaji Alhaji in 2013. I witnessed when he was minister of budget and national planning from 1988-1990

1) I'm not a kid.
2) the story you wrote about the sardauna title is a copy word for word of a story on wikipedia
3) be a little bit more original than accusing me of almost the same thing I am accusing you of.
4) I didn't know about the difference between the sultan and sardauna titles in northern nigeria, we have already established that, but somehow you are still asking me if I did or didn't know about the difference, which makes me wonder if your brain works correctly.
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
naptu2:

You asked which other people, apart from Northern Nigeria, use the title Emir. I gave you an example.

I never asked that question. Agaisn is your brain working correctly ?
Re: Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2021
Aha! A kid who is more interested in venting emotions and quarrelling. I thought it was someone who was more interested in exchanging ideas.

Waste of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP / Pictures Of Peter Obi In Bangladesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.