Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? (801 Views)

Cost Of Raising 200 Layers In Nigeria With Profit Amount / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State / My layers birds have not been laying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? by damselhoney(f): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
I am currently have a space and i intend keeping 200 layers birds . i have gotten the battery cage and the poultry set up is almost in place.
kindly assist in the cost that will be required to feed and vaccinate them. what is the running cost and likely revenue?
what will be their productivity in terms of numbers of egg?.
PS..I was advised to get POL chickens ( 14 weeks old).
Re: What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? by Akakanfirstclass(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Because some will die..
And you don't want to be left with nothing, do you ?..
Re: What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:42am On Jul 04, 2021
You will need about 300 chicks cuz hundred may likely die. (Starting from early age)

Adequate food and water supply.
Light.

If it is in an open space (during the day) watch out for predator (sky and land).

If you want to do a trial and error method, you can get 10 chicks and take care of them.
Re: What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? by mansoor093(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2021
Get 200 layers proposal at cheap price.... check my signature for contact
Re: What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? by VEXT: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2021
damselhoney:
I am currently have a space and i intend keeping 200 layers birds . i have gotten the battery cage and the poultry set up is almost in place.
kindly assist in the cost that will be required to feed and vaccinate them. what is the running cost and likely revenue?
what will be their productivity in terms of numbers of egg?.
PS..I was advised to get POL chickens ( 14 weeks old).

I hope this help!!

You have to do this research your self,go and meet those who are into egg business..They will tell you all you need... Starting with a large number like 200 is a bad idea ,since you are a learner...

Layers consume more feeds than any broilers and noilers,so be ready to spend..

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Run A Poultry Of 200 Layers Birds For Starter? by Orente21(f): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2021
mansoor093:
Get 200 layers proposal at cheap price.... check my signature for contact
pls I need this proposal but I don't have money. Can u do it for me for free?

(1) (Reply)

Hand Held Gas Burners / Point Of Lay From Olam Company / Federation of Unemployed Graduates with Interest in Agriculture Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.