Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree (12371 Views)

Do You Know That Many Secondary Schools Are More Expensive Than Private Unis / Universities Under Admiting Students / Which Schools Are Still Selling Nursing Form? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by cammax7(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2007
Please Id like to know which schools are currently admitting students through pre-degree programs
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by agbaske5: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
U can count on Osun state university and oau those r d one's i know of now.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by agbaske5: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
U can count on Osun state university and oau those r d one's i know of now.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by Harlex(m): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2007
osun state university and obafemi awolowo university are currently selling their pre-degree forms, but osun state university will only sell for only those who offer science courses.

Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by cammax7(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2007
Thanks guys
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by cammax7(m): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2007
Thanks guys
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by Chimmy(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2007
I went to OAU website and couldn't find any info. about their Pre-degree.
Please, can someone help me with this information, the cost, the procedure and closing date for the form.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by yvy1(f): 2:05am On Aug 01, 2007
Pre degree ke/? Why do you want to do that? there is no guarantee you'll get admission in to the school or get the course of your choice. If boredom is catching you at home go and learn a useful skill that will help you earn money to help sustain yourself when you finally get a proper admission for the course you truly desire. Or if money dey, go write A'Levels and apply through direct entry or carry am go abroad (Ghana included) to get easy and better admission. Don't go and accept anyhow courses because you want to answer graduate otherwise you'll find out that you just went to school for nothing and become part of the millions of unemployable nigerian graduates.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by raphillo: 3:57am On Aug 01, 2007
yvy1:

Pre degree ke/? Why do you want to do that? there is no guarantee you'll get admission in to the school or get the course of your choice. If boredom is catching you at home go and learn a useful skill that will help you earn money to help sustain yourself when you finally get a proper admission for the course you truly desire. Or if money dey, go write A'Levels and apply through direct entry or carry am go abroad (Ghana included) to get easy and better admission. Don't go and accept anyhow courses because you want to answer graduate otherwise you'll find out that you just went to school for nothing and become part of the millions of unemployable nigerian graduates.
i dont think i agree with u, what u are saying in essence is that with A level, admission and course of choice is guaranty no its not true, i dont see anything bad in pre-degree program i have seen several student who have gotten admission true this process and even with the course of their choice. All u need to do is to do well during the program, ur course of choice is guaranty.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by cammax7(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2007
yvy1:

well i was only finding out the information for someone, so whatever be the case against pre degree courses I'm quite indifferent towards it.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by Abium: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2007
OLOGBENI YVY1
You sound so silly, y can u on earth tell u fellow human that he cant get admission?
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by yvy1(f): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2007
@ cammax7, raphillo & Abium

Pls do not misunderstand me. All I'm trying to point out is that there are better choices than doing a pre- degree which is very restrictive (i.e admission only in to the school you did the programme) and there guarantee of getting in even if you do very well is not 100%. I know people that did pre degree programmes. While some got into the school they did the programme, most of them ended up seeking admission in other schools.

Besides is it not better to spend one year doing a programme that can get you in to 200L in any school you decide to apply to than to spend one year trying to get into 100L of just ONE school?

@Abium: I never said he could not get admission.

@raphillo: What schools? Federal, state or private?
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by Chimmy(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2007
I appreciate ur concerns and suggestions.
Please I'll like 2 get a hint on GCE A'level.
I don't know how it is runned. When do they apply for it where can I get the form and how does the exam look like?
Please to know.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by raphillo: 4:16am On Aug 04, 2007
yvy1:

@ cammax7, raphillo & Abium

Please do not misunderstand me. All I'm trying to point out is that there are better choices than doing a pre- degree which is very restrictive (i.e admission only in to the school you did the programme) and there guarantee of getting in even if you do very well is not 100%. I know people that did pre degree programmes. While some got into the school they did the programme, most of them ended up seeking admission in other schools.

Besides is it not better to spend one year doing a programme that can get you in to 200L in any school you decide to apply to than to spend one year trying to get into 100L of just ONE school?

@Abium: I never said he could not get admission.

@raphillo: What schools? Federal, state or private?
both federal, state and private universities do admit student if they attain the required score after their pre-degre programs, and the A level you are talking about what is the probability that your school of choice will acccept it, no doubt A level is a very good program, i believe u knew IJMB, on several occassion i have had student complainning of not getting admission even with their high scores.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by ferdimako1: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2007
Hello All, the problem of Nigerians is not recognizing what is under their very noses. The slots for admissions in Nigeria Universities are very limited and highly competitive ( Many people with or without the required are seeking for so-called juicy majors). Once you don't get Accounting, Economics, Law, Medicine, Nursing and Engineering, mainly because you were rigged out, you are subjected to Education course and single-honor natural science courses. Very few people apply to the less cherished majors and the schools push who must enrol that year to them. Therefore ex pre-degree folks see themselves flooded there and of course they can't go home as the desired majors aren't gotten. Many of them can't do UME as required O'level subjects aren't there. You can't apply via DE if you don't have recommended post O'level grades from a reputable school with O'level backing it up. I think students are too sluggish to read hard thesedays and the pre-degree stuff is dulling people. Imagine someone came to me to teach her English and Maths against MAY/JUNE 2007 after doing her first degree in Architecture. She is even better than some who want another humanbeings to do that for them. Most Certificates are covered  and printed out with shame.
Re: Which Schools Are Currently Admiting On Pre-degree by Fedora247: 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2011
I want to know which university or polytechnic i can use a University One(1) year diploma result to enter “Part Time”. Please help me with any school in Lagos and there details. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today / Pls How Much Is Jamb Form / 2019 JAMB Registration: Lagos, Kaduna & Abuja Recorded Highest Candidates So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.