Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira (10680 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Amaechi Sold Off Rivers Assets Worth Over $302m - Wike / Cecilia Ibru: Efcc Uncovers Assets Worth N800bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by Everbright(f): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2007
If I may ask,what's with this declaration of assets

Did he make all that as a Governor or he planted money tree in his compound.

They shouldn't make me angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by denex: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2007
If we were not a bunch of fools, then we would have become followers while they became leaders; we wouldn't have chosen to become the tail while they chose to become the head.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by ph4life(m): 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2007
we have to start killing these people or else they will keep on doing the same thing and our country will still remain light yrs behind instead of moving forward.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by denex: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2007
Please start from the first civil servant related to you.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by uchetobi(f): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2007
o abeg. His assets are too much for a governor / business man
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by oberon(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2007
ah!ogd ole niye o!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by naijacutee(f): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2007
These people make me sick. . .
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by debosky(m): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2007
uchetobi:

o abeg. His assets are too much for a governor / business man

how do you arrive at that wonderful conclusion?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by 9ja4eva: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2007
How did he make dt money?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by rafcrown(m): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2007
THE GOVERNOR IS RICHER THAN OGUN STATE.OBASANJO,BABANGIDA,MARWA,TINUBU,ETC MUST LET US KNOW HOW THEY HAVE SERVED THE NATION FINANCIALLY
MANY NIGERIANS ARE ABROAD DOING JUST ANY JOB -BECAUSE OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THESE PEOPLE
NO NIGERIAN IS SUPPOSED TO SUFFER THE WAY PEOPLE DO NOW.  
IT IS ONLY GOD WHO CAN JUDGE THEM
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by option4301(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2007
Thwe guy is a thief !How much was he worth in 1999?all these guys takes Nigerians for a ride stealing state funds with impunuty.I was wondering how these guys(past governors)looted their various states mindlessly.

May God forgive Nigerian leaders!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by doyin13(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2007
But come to think of it 4 billion naira is not such a monumental sum.

I mean it only equates to about 20 million pounds.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by 9ja4eva: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2007
rafcrown:

THE GOVERNOR IS RICHER THAN OGUN STATE.OBASANJO,BABANGIDA,MARWA,TINUBU,ETC MUST LET US KNOW HOW THEY HAVE SERVED THE NATION FINANCIALLY
MANY NIGERIANS ARE ABROAD DOING JUST ANY JOB -BECAUSE OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THESE PEOPLE
NO NIGERIAN IS SUPPOSED TO SUFFER THE WAY PEOPLE DO NOW.
IT IS ONLY GOD WHO CAN JUDGE THEM

It does beat my imagination.I am forced to believe they have the interest of themselves and not the Country at heart.Did he give breakdown of how he made the money?Na wa oh.Ndi ori
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by debosky(m): 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2007
doyin13:

please tell some of these people who have jumped to the conclusion that he is now 'richer than Ogun State'

and @ Option4301, if you read the original post, it claims he was even richer before he became guv'nor.

whether that is accurate or not, is open for debate.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by 9ja4eva: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2007
About the accuracy we only have God to ask because no one actually knows the true situation.Maybe we shld start by checking how much of the State allocation was spent and how much missing since he became governor.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by Colonia(m): 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2007
9ja4eva:

About the accuracy we only have God to ask because no one actually knows the true situation.Maybe we shld start by checking how much of the State allocation was spent and how much missing since he became governor.

GOOD POINT
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by luvlexxy: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2007
This Governnor is one very person whose self imposition tactics on is too intimediating for ones likening, If u go to every
nooks and corner of Ogun state all you see is OGD bill board ogidi omo, omo wa ni, eje o se, etc, all paid with state fund.

With this asset declaration, its funny that the wife whose fortune runs into almost 200 million could in-cure bills of 20,000 naira
on newspaper per week from the state coffer.

The state capital is presently experiencing the worst water shortage since its creation. What sacrifice is he making with
1.5 Billion lost when the state his is sacrificing that amount for does not have access to portable water, good road and other
basic necessity of life.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by Seagun(m): 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2007
I like the way DENEX is defending the governor, I can draw any of the conclusion
1. DENEX is either from Sagamu or Omu Eleni all in Ogun state (OGD home town, we dont know which is real or fake)
2. He is part of the campaign team of OGD in 2003 to have known how he funded his campaign
3. Or DENEX is just die hard fan of OGD.

Lets not deceive ourselves, nobody goes into govt business to loose money, and wants to remain in there, not anywhere in the world and definately not in Nigeria.

He was a successful business man (lift installer), but I am sure he does not install all the lift in Lagos, talkless Nigeria.

Somebody says oe of the company is going down and the second is going down also, that means he (OGD) does not have a system in place to run the company.

LET THE WISE READ IN BETWEEN THE LINE.

Let us ask for his tax before 2003 and if found wanting, at least tax evation is an offence, I am not a lawyer therefore dont ask me what the penalty is.

Thank You
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by fromuk(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2007
I beleive what ever we write here is mere weste of time and space, the fund is his now and never in this present day nigeria can any one ask him to refund if actually he stole from his state which is very very ovious. Its a nigerian thing and the govt in power do not care as far as he will contribute his quota to them.
Brothers and sisters its only GOD that will save us from their hands.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by angel101(f): 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2007
doyin13:

Really? Well if he acquired it legitimately then yes u're right.

option4301:

May God forgive Nigerian leaders!
May God judge them according to their deeds.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by monstah(m): 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2007
Can anyone tell me the name of the company(ies) or is it businesses the monkey above said Gbenga Daniels owns?, C'mon,this dude has stolen the lot of it.

What i wonder is what anyone would want so much money for, undecided
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by honeric01(m): 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2007
CAN 20 MILLION POUNDS BE CALLED JUST? CAN YOU MAKE THAT IN 20 YEARS? WE SHOULDNT BOAST AND TALK ABOUT THINGS WE KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE OR CANNOT HAVE AS IF THEY ARE MERE THINGS, I DON'T BELIEVE IN OGD HAVING SUCH AN AMOUNT GENUINELY, WHERE WAS HIM BEFORE HE VENTURED INTO POLITICS? CAN YOU HAVE SUCH AN AMOUNT AND PEOPLE AROUND YOU HAVE NOT HEARD OF YOU BEFORE YOU GOT INTO POWER? AT LEAST WE WOULD HAVE SEEN ALL THE COMPANIES AND FACTORIES YOU OPERATES TO HAVE GOTTEN SUCH AN AMOUNT OF MONEY, GOD WILL JUDGE YOU ALL BY FIRE AND BY BRISTTONE
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by IykeD1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2007
From what I have gathered, OGD was a successful businessman before getting into politics.
Its very possible he is worth that much but its also possible that the assets were padded in
2003 - padding is one thing and LOOTING is another smiley

Now, we are all crying for transparency and accountability from government officals, isn't
this a welcome development, at least a start? Consider this first before blasting back. . .

Assuming that OGD padded his asssets in 2003, here is another way to view it albeit in
a light hearted manner: at least we now know publicly roughly how much OGD plans to
"collect" from Ogun state by the time his term ends, and that is roughly another 25%
of the current value of his assets - mission accomplished(I wonder who said that?) smiley

If most of the governors follow this path, from get go, we can now use a mathematical
model to predict how much of the state budget that will go towards servicing "asset
declaration business"
otherwise known as "contained looting" and how much
will be left for the state itself. Hopefully with their intent declared upfront and with our
consent, they can now honestly go back to the business of real governance!

The key is whether we will be to get the agencies to vet their final asset declarations
when they leave office. What do you guys think? No?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by angel101(f): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2007
Iyke-D:

From what I have gathered, OGD was a successful businessman before getting into politics.
Its very possible he is worth that much but its also possible that the assets were padded in
2003 - padding is one thing and LOOTING is another smiley

Now, we are all crying for transparency and accountability from government officals, isn't
this a welcome development, at least a start? Consider this first before blasting back. . .

Assuming that OGD padded his asssets in 2003, here is another way to view it albeit in
a light hearted manner: at least we now know publicly roughly how much OGD plans to
"collect" from Ogun state by the time his term ends, and that is roughly another 25%
of the current value of his assets - mission accomplished(I wonder who said that?) smiley

If most of the governors follow this path, from get go, we can now use a mathematical
model to predict how much of the state budget that will go towards servicing "asset
declaration business"
otherwise known as "contained looting" and how much
will be left for the state itself. Hopefully with their intent declared upfront and with our
consent, they can now honestly go back to the business of real governance!

The key is whether we will be to get the agencies to vet their final asset declarations
when they leave office. What do you guys think? No?

It just might make more sense to verify their declarations
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by honeric01(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2007
they are always a business man!!! no one would say he/she doesn't know dangotes, otedola, adenuga and cos, but are you telling me that you knew Gbenga daniel before he got into power in 2003? please lets be realistic, mention companies he owned before getting into power
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by honeric01(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2007
well i hope this rich people will think of the poor ones around them, not until they get into power,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by debosky(m): 11:38pm On Jul 16, 2007
well I knew Gbenga Daniel before 2003 even if you didn't; read the previous posts, some details of his companies are given there for your perusal wink
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by honeric01(m): 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2007
cotton wool lookers lol
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by SweetT1: 5:39am On Jul 17, 2007
ole
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by spikedcylinder: 6:18am On Jul 17, 2007
DEnex and DEbosky, you have both defended gov Gbenga DAniel very well. Whats the connection? tongue
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by denex: 6:28am On Jul 17, 2007
I am the deputy governor of Ogun state. That's the connection.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Declares Assets Worth 4.46 Billion Naira by honeric01(m): 6:56am On Jul 17, 2007
which type of government do gbenga daniel run? because i know in lagos, its only one deputy governor that exist, now someone is claiming he is the deputy governor of ogun state when the real person is not yet dead!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Factory Found In Kano / Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA / Inter-Zonal Rivalry Exposing EFCC Operatives In Lagos To COVID-19 Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.