Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

*social Media Trends For Saturday 3rd July, 2021* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *social Media Trends For Saturday 3rd July, 2021* (296 Views)

DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court updates,3rd July 2023. / Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting / Again, Nnamdi Kanu To Address Biafrans On Saturday 3rd, 2018 By 6pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*social Media Trends For Saturday 3rd July, 2021* by murecool(m): 7:59am On Jul 04, 2021
*Igboho*
Reactions have continued to trail the recent moves by the Federal Government to cripple agitations for secession in the Southeast and Southwestern parts of the country.

Some Nigerians who reacted to the developments were sceptical on why the security agencies are clamping down on ‘innocent’ agitators while “terrorist sympathisers” particularly Ahmed Gumi and the Miyetti Allah are allowed to go free despite indications of ties with bandits and other criminals.

Others, however, are of the view that the agitators have overstretched the limits in their actions and utterances.

Sunday Igboho has also debunked his arrest rumour.

In a viral video, he said, “Rumour has been circulating that I have been arrested at the Guru Maharaji. I am not at Guru Maharaji, I am in my house in Ibadan. Thank you very much.”

@sanni_suarez: "No juju is greater than FG, they just getting substantial evidence from you now. By the time they wish to arrest you, they will do that for once without being failed."

@cyrilemeka: "I recall during the time of Obasanjo when the DSS and police kept trying to arrest Gani Adams when he was then the head of OPC, just when they're about to get him, he vanishes mysteriously. I see the same happening for this guy. They can only try."

*YorubaNationRally*
Most of what trended on the Nigerian social media space today are rooted in this YorubaNationRally

Despite the ban on the rally announced by the Lagos State Police Command, some people still came out under heavy security presence to assemble at Ojota.

Some of the reactions on social media about the rally are seen below:

@AyowoleSanyaolu: "Today at the #YorubaNationNow rally in Lagos, it wasn't a Fulani man that ordered the shooting of live rounds that killed a young girl, it was a Yoruba Police Commissioner, working under the orders of a Yoruba Governor. Let that sink in!"

@realFFK: "A 14-year girl has been shot dead by the police during the Yoruba Nation rally in Lagos. So young! What was her crime? This is unacceptable. This is wicked. This is evil. This is barbaric. This is provocative. This is tragic. This is dangerous. I call for restraint."

@instablog9ja: "#YorubaNationNow: Police deploy water cannons, teargas against protesters in Lagos."

@SaharaReporters: "Yoruba Nation Rally: Heavy Police Presence In Lagos As Protesters Shun Venue."

@funshographix: "We're in Ojota now. People are here shouting Yoruba nation. More people are still coming from outside Lagos. Sunday Igboho is coming too. Self-determination is our right. Lagos is Yoruba land. We've every right to do Yoruba nation rally in our land. No going back on Yoruba nation."

@OgbeniDipo: "May the soul of the young girl who has reportedly died after being hit by a stray bullet in Ojota rest in peace. May God comfort her family and friends. The police should not be shooting at a peaceful protest or rally."

@Sawani47: "Let me get this straight: a Yoruba state govt is using its largely Yoruba police force to stop a rally for Yoruba Nation.

"If you kill your fellow Yoruba and attack your own Yoruba establishment, are you fighting for or against Yoruba?"

@Daddy_Morayo: "I would rather DO WHAT THE WORLD IS SCARED OF, than to participate in a protest. These people steal millions of dollars and you think you can just get through them via MERE protest. They will massacre anyone or just tag you WANTED."

@izymac247: "First step in making people slaves is to make them so poor that they can't say no to orders that are utterly ridiculous and inhumane.

"If the energy and effort Nigerian police and soldiers used to stop peaceful protests was channeled to combating crime Nigeria will be very safe."

@PulseNigeria247: "Despite huge police and military presence, Yoruba Nation agitators defy warnings, gathered in large numbers to demand a sovereign Yoruba state."

@firstladyship: "I’m so proud of those protesting in defiance. We are all Sunday Igboho & Nnamdi Kanu. But why is Tinubu Lagos always different? Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo protests was peaceful. Police just killed an innocent girl at Lagos rally. Another life wasted."

@thecableng: "Gunshots, teargas as police disperse Yoruba nation agitators in Lagos."

*Tinubu*
National leader of the All Progressives Congress Chief Bola Tinubu, trended alongside the Yoruba Nation Rally, as people questioning his continued silence over the agitation.

Some also say that Tinubu is being careful over what's unfolding in the Southwest so that his comments would not be used against him ahead of the 2023 presidential race.

*IPOB*
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) trended for various reasons.

However, attention was given more to this caption by @thecableng: "IPOB commander: How we killed 10 girls for rituals, attacked police stations in Imo."

Some of the reactions to the story are seen below:

@NakedNick: "Lies. I first saw it on Punch."

@bashir_1306: "If you saw it on another news platform yet you say it is a lie then you have the problem. Because they cant be reporting the same lies because they hate you despite some of them being owned by your people."

@eluke99: "Planting an electronic news publication before the trial commences… An after thought. Nonsense fabrications. Reports already have it that the CCTV footage of the prison break weren’t people from the region. Even the governor confirmed it."

@iyaboawokoya: "This point of yours will be a good defence for the man who confessed."

@Edward_Onoriode: "I doubted this news until I listened to this Audio from Nnamdi Kanu himself giving this order."

@Abdulla47763468: "Yet some MNK proxies defend these atrocities, refused to term it as an act of terrorism. I believe they're beginning to understand the language of bubu."

@OgbaraOlabode: "They will say na propaganda but we fail to realize that this is not the way to fight for a referendum."

@ReBrand_Human: "Buhari has made the Yorubas and the Biafrans more united than ever before. Good to see Yoruba nation and Biafra coming together to break this curse called Nigeria."

@Amaka_Ekwo: "For eight good days, the Kenyan Government detained Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and IPOB was not aware to stop them from taking MNK to Nigeria?"

@QDpaper1: "Every IPOB miscreants apologist now support Yoruba nation protest, is this how miscreants love Yorubas?"

*Buhari*
While President Muhammadu Buhari has become the topic in virtually all national discourses, for today's trend, these comments here form the basis:

@Emeka667917813: "The people shouting marginalisation are clamouring for another Hausa Fulani (Atiku) to be President. It makes me feel like it’s not really about marginalisation but about them not liking Buhari."

@WudiSnipper: "Constitution requires Buhari to crush Kanu, Igboho, says NBA Vice President."

@LAIDETOS: "So, now in what language will Buhari talk to the Yorubas asking for the #YorubaNationNow?"

@Nwankwo_03: "Buhari's Government Has Failed To Learn From Past Mistakes - Aisha Yesufu."

@distinguished09: "This is not it. It is not in the place of any govt to decide if the people can protest or not. That is firmly captured in the constitution. Buhari should simply respect the people’s choice. Unless we are no longer in a democracy."

@chickxk: "Full-blown war is bound to happen in this country before Buhari vacates office if the NA don’t do anything about it sooner."

*EndSARS*
@MobilePunch: "Yoruba Nation: Police deny killing 14-year-old girl, claim no shot was fired."

@starleeon_: "Who went to the protest ground with a gun?"

@oye_rapheal: "I wonder ohh... Who was shown with a gun on the camera."

@Caringfreeman: "Lekki toll gate: Army Denies firing at peaceful protesters

"Ojota peaceful protest: @NigeriaPolice denies shooting 14years old girl...

"They will kill anybody openly and deny it openly... Who wan probe them?
#KeepitOn #ojota"

@adahobehira: "This innocent girl would have been alive without today's event. My condolences to the family."

http://abuhamdalat..com/2021/07/social-media-trends-for-saturday-3rd.html

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns – Gov / The Igbo President And His Igbo Brothers / Meet Foreign Professional Lawyers Nnamdi Kanu's Family Hired To Reach British Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.