Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

Exposing The Occult Series: Telling The Future Using Horoscope - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exposing The Occult Series: Telling The Future Using Horoscope (280 Views)

The Occult Or Occultism! / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance / Can The Occult Make Me Rich? I Want To Get Rich Overnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exposing The Occult Series: Telling The Future Using Horoscope by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2021
EXPOSING THE OCCULT SERIES:
TELLING THE FUTURE USING HOROSCOPE

By FRANCIS OKOYE

Telling the future using Horoscope or Astrology as many people call it, has become more and more popular all over the world, especially in the United States of America and Nigeria.

According to an article on the internet on the issue, the author reveals that in his youth, people almost never took the occult, witchcraft or astrology seriously. People considered them a joke or at most an oddity. Today all aspects of the occult are increasingly taken seriously. Evidence of this increasing popularity include, in the 1950,s only 100-200 newspapers carried horoscope columns. Today, thousands of full time professional astrologers cast horoscopes, most newspapers carry horoscope and millions of people read them with varying degrees of seriousness?

‘TV ads promote astrology; psychics and the occult generally, movies and TV programs discuss it, promote it and present it as a serious phenomenon. Many recent book fads such as the Harry Potter books, deeply involve many aspect of the occult’.

According to the book “Astrology, witchcraft and Satanism by John Clark, Astrology is part of the occult, while Horoscope is a chart of the position of the heavenly bodies, used to predict their influence on peoples’ live.

Encyclopedia Britannia Vol 2, p575,1956, States that Astrology is the ancient art or science of divining the fate and future of human beings from indications given by the position of the stars and heavenly bodies.

THE ORIGIN OF HOROSCOPE – ASTROLOGY

Astrology began in ancient Babylon – the movements of heavenly bodies were thought to represent activities of the gods. By studying these movements, men hope to determine the will of the gods and so predict future. If the heavenly bodies moved a certain way and certain events followed, then the next time they moved that way, similar things should happen. The principles of astrology were formalized by the Greeks. Some 2ooo years ago, the Greeks studied the heavenly bodies mathematically and “scientifically” and defined the signs of the zodiac. The names of Greek and Roman gods were then assigned to the planets. So historically astrology and horoscope is rooted in pagan idolatry. The basic concept of astrology – that the movements of heavenly bodies control our lives is heathen idolatry from the foundation up.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I started using Horoscope to tell the future in 1981 when I was just eleven years old and in my first year in secondary school.

It started with a fellow student asking me ,what is your zodiac sign. He then explained the signs to me and the dates that they fall into and I discovered I was a scorpion. So many things said about scorpions by then appeared to be true and real, and that is what caught my interest. I practiced Horoscope (Astrology) for 11 years, and finally gave it up in 1992.

Before then I would rush to read daily Horoscope readings from newspapers and annual predictions of what each year held,only in few instances did some of the bad things predicted happen and of all the good things predicted for those eleven years – none happened.

THE BIBLE AND HOROSCOPE (ASTROLOGY)

The Bible Condemns Astrology 13 times in the Bible. Those who practice it would make their descendants to suffer attacks by demons.

Astrology is false prophecy – in Daniel 4:7, Dan 2:10, 11 and Dan 5:7,8, on three occasions astrologers and other occult experts were asked to predict the future. Each time, they failed but Daniel succeeded by God’s power.

God forbid his people to place serious confidence in astrology – occult practices including divination are an abomination to God. Dev 18:9-14, 18-22. God destroyed isreal for practicing such. 2 Kgs 17:16-18 and he forbid such practices Jer 10:2. visit https://catholicsforchrist. for more interesting articles .
Re: Exposing The Occult Series: Telling The Future Using Horoscope by DonnyD24hj: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2021
Hi, astrology is really a very interesting science that can help you get to know the environment and the world around you. But where to investigate and study such information? Personally, I have studied everything related to astrology with the help of books. If you are also interested in this topic, then I recommend you read here eso-garden.com astrology books

(1) (Reply)

My Two Football Prophecies Failed To Come To Pass Because Of Betting - Prophet B / Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal, JW, Cele Which Is Good Financially? / Dealing With Wicked Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.