Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. (2570 Views)

Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War / Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Several ‘flaws’ Identified In Atiku’s Presidential Election ‘server Result’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by Aconomist: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
fabyom:

A true King leads his own Army only a coward with low self-esteem hides behind is own Army. How old are you?
You think like a monkey. Do you see Obama or Trump getting themselves killed at the frontline of battle? Wars are fought by peasants while the kings enjoy the spoils of war.

1 Like

Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by RiceProducers: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
Was Biafra defeated or did Nigeria just fight itself?
Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by Aconomist: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
fabyom:

no Northern will hold any important post in Nigeria ever again!
You are dreaming.
Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by fabyom: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
What have you and your generation enjoyed?
Bandits, Bokoharam etc.?
Please tell me what you have enjoyed compared to Southern Nigeria.
I don't blame you cos your quality of education is low in that part of the country.
The highest number of beggars, illiterates, jihadists, kidnappers, etc is all you have to show for your 8 years in power and you come here to talk to the children of Isreal. What effrontery?
You don't deserve me schooling you.
You are slaves and that's what you will always be; to your Allah and Southern Nigerians.
Even whenever you are in power you always develop Southern Nigeria, so who are the slaves here.
What federal projects has the Buhari administration done in your region? None! Yeye idiot!
Aconomist:
You think like a monkey. Do you see Obama or Trump getting themselves killed at the frontline of battle? Wars are fought by peasants while the kings enjoy the spoils of war.
Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by Aconomist: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
DMerciful:
Fulanis have lanky aquiline features with coily hair. How is Atiku,hell Rufai, Kwankwaso etc Fulani? Only Bubu looks fulani
I feel like that is a stereotype. Fulanis in Nigeria don't look very different from other Nigerians. Their features are milder, though.
Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by Uchek(m): 1:30am On Jul 09, 2021
You are either unemployed or under-employed.

Aconomist:
Last week the Tigrayans of Ethiopia (who are just 6% of the population) defeated the entire Ethiopian army and several divisions of its Eritrean allies. In 1994, the Tutsi minority of Rwanda (who are just 15% of the population) defeated the Hutu government who are 85% of the country. These examples show that a superior culture will always defeat an inferior culture, no matter its numerical disadvantage.

The defeat of Biafra during the Nigerian civil war demonstrates that despite their supposed intelligence and education, Igbos are NOT culturally superior to the Hausa/Fulani, who are the real brains behind Nigeria.

If Igbos were superior, they would have won the war.

Hausa/Fulani rule Nigeria because they are the superior culture. They have a level trust and coordination that an Igbo or Yoruba could only dream of. You can pay an Igbo man to betray his brother. If an Igbo living abroad sends money back to his family to build a house, that money will be stolen and no house will be built. How can a culture like that win a war? You were betraying each other from day one, and any veteran who fought for Biafra war will admit it.
Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by DMerciful(m): 3:09am On Jul 09, 2021
Because they are not Fulanis. They choose to adopt Fulani for political expediency. How many of them can speak fulfude?
Aconomist:
I feel like that is a stereotype. Fulanis in Nigeria don't look very different from other Nigerians. Their features are milder, though.
Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by MrMaestro: 6:55am On Jul 09, 2021
QuotaSystem:

I strongly disagree.

The Yoruba are quite loyal to one another and very strategic (what some might call treachery) which is why they have been a very effective and politically relevant group in this multi-ethnic country. See how we had an all Yoruba Presidential contest in 1999? (out of 250+ ethnic groups)
Don't be deceived about their Governors. One of the greatest strengths of the Yorubas their perfection of the skill of stooping to conquer.

The overinflated ego of Aconomist aside, I find your posts the most unbiased and genuinely insightful. So thank you!

I will say this about the Yorubas, previous to the year 2021, the Yorubas have been contempt with reaping the economic benefits of Nigeria, and yielding most (not all) of the political power to the Fulanis. It has been an unspoken mutual understanding for decades. I always wondered why Yorubas weren’t more aggressive in being both the economic and political heartbeat of this country. However Yorubas are naturally strategic, and know that one single tribe cannot do both and succeed for very long. Tensions will rise and secession will brew.

However this year has changed things. With the speed and effectiveness that the southwest governors have begun curbing the actions of the north politically by organizing and leading the south, has led me to believe that they were just playing ball with the north before, and are unwilling to do it any longer because it is no longer beneficial to the SW.

They SW elite have begun to realize that though economic power is the most important power, the current political power the north has can break this country. So the strategy is shifting. I truly think the SW will start being much more aggressive in curbing northern political hegemony, while continuing to make gains economically. Because the fear of rubbing tribes the wrong way with complete economic and political domination is out the window if the country is near the tipping point of disintegration anyway.

I think on some level Yoruba elite were confident that Fulanis were at least competent enough to not reach this point, where they’ve made so many blunders at the federal level that the country is on the brink of disintegration.

As a result of all this, I see either two things, Yoruba wins in 2023 and cements a southern political hegemony that will stand for at least the next decade, or this country will separate and SW will take the economic gains garnered to continue to grow in a new republic. Only time will tell.

I do believe that a Nigeria run and controlled by the Yorubas in totality has the chance of competing with India, Poland and Vietnam. Not necessarily because of a desire for power like the Fulanis, Tinubu aside Yorubas generally don’t strive for that as a tribe. And not necessarily because of a desire for wealth /finance like the Igbos, though Yorubas value that too. But because of a desire for greatness (and greatness for Nigeria by association). With the intelligence and desire to create a 21st century country, the morality of justice and equity, and the humility to step aside if necessary to let another lead, something I truly think Igbos and Fulanis both struggle with. It’s unfortunate that we’ve had to reach this point as a country, but I think that in whichever direction this goes within the next 3-5 years, will set each region up for greater prosperity for the next 50.

1 Like

Re: Defeat Of Biafra And Flaws In The Igbo Culture. by Aconomist: 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
DMerciful:
Because they are not Fulanis. They choose to adopt Fulani for political expediency. How many of them can speak fulfude?
Not even the herdsmen speak "fulfide" in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Is Preparing Nigeria For A Military Coup D’état – Sowore / The Course Peter Obi Studied In Harvard University. (video) / Kogi First Lady H.E Rashida Yahaya Bello Clocks 38, Celebrates In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.