Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project (816 Views)

Audio Transcribers Needed Urgently / Transcribers Needed / Volunteer Video Editors And Transcribers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by JLM(f): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
Available large transcription project for igbo with the following details:

Task: listen to audio and write what you hear
Platform: online on the Loft platform
Pay: N5000 per AUDIO Hour
Must haves: light, computer, data
Daily target: 30 AUDIO minutes per Transcriber

Payment: Bi-weekly, that is 2weeks

Please if you are ok with this, email affiongessienette@gmail.com

Regards
Re: IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by royal231(m): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
OK.. Una Wan dey track iPob members calls?!
Re: IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by BuyAndSellStuff: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
JLM:
Available large transcription project for igbo with the following details:

Task: listen to audio and write what you hear
Platform: online on the Loft platform
Pay: N5000 per AUDIO Hour
Must haves: light, computer, data
Daily target: 30 AUDIO minutes per Transcriber

Payment: Bi-weekly, that is 2weeks

Please if you are ok with this, email affiongessienette@gmail.com

Regards

I can do this but, no, this is slavery.
5k for ONE AUDIO HOUR?? shocked shocked

Do you know how many words can be said in just a minute??

So your target of 30 minutes per transcriber means you want to pay just 2500 per person?
This amount can't even replace data.

Ha
People are heartless in this country.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by sammyobi584: 7:15am On Jul 06, 2021
So funny. 5k per hour
Re: IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by EricWest101(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2021
I did work like tis some time last week. They said transcribe igbo meeting to english and write it out and i was smiling like no biggy. They said 3k but we settle with 4k for 42mins audio. I started work and by the end of the day around 5pm, i had only covered just 15mins, i had been working back to back and only stopping for fifteen minutes total to stretch my legs and go to the toilet. The next day i started earlier and was able to finish around 3pm

Like the guy above me said, it is then that you will realize that thousands of words can be said in 1min. It is back breaking work. It is grunt work for those who don't mind the low pay. And the listening part is easy, the hard part is when people talk over each other and you have to play it back like 6 times to hear who said what. The hard part is writing the words, words being said out is easy, words being said out and written down is hard.

I will do the work sha but for at least 8k for that 30mins nd the audio has to be so clear eh, cos interference dey make the work too hard.
Re: IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
EricWest101:
I did work like tis some time last week. They said transcribe igbo meeting to english and write it out and i was smiling like no biggy. They said 3k but we settle with 4k for 42mins audio. I started work and by the end of the day around 5pm, i had only covered just 15mins, i had been working back to back and only stopping for fifteen minutes total to stretch my legs and go to the toilet. The next day i started earlier and was able to finish around 3pm

Like the guy above me said, it is then that you will realize that thousands of words can be said in 1min. It is back breaking work. It is grunt work for those who don't mind the low pay. And the listening part is easy, the hard part is when people talk over each other and you have to play it back like 6 times to hear who said what. The hard part is writing the words, words being said out is easy, words being said out and written down is hard.

I will do the work sha but for at least 8k for that 30mins nd the audio has to be so clear eh, cos interference dey make the work too hard.
Lol, now you have discouraged me. I was gonna apply but now I'm discouraged. I found one that offered $20 per hour but they asked me to get a software called Loftus 2:0 which I couldn't find.
Re: IGBO Transcribers Needed For Large Project by EricWest101(m): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
Odirahc:

Lol, now you have discouraged me. I was gonna apply but now I'm discouraged. I found one that offered $20 per hour but they asked me to get a software called Loftus 2:0 which I couldn't find.

Sorry sir, i didn't mean to discourage you. If u want to apply for it, go ahead and apply for it. My intention of posting my experience is to give people heads up, you know to make people aware that its tedious work and tis payment for it is almost exploitative.
Please apply for it, if you can do it then do it, if u cannot do it, tell them that you quit and u no dey do again. You won't sign any contract, it's just simple agreement.
My advice before you apply, make sure you have good quality earphones, preferably wired one.

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity: $100 Grant For You, Each Person For Three Months From Lumi. Registe / Job Opportunity In Abuja / How To Apply For NJFP 2021, Deadline, Portal, Timeline(nigeria Jubilee Fellows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.