Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With (2925 Views)

Don Davis' Family And Deeper Life High School Finally Reconcile / Armageddon: 5 Times Jehovah Witness Predicted The End Of The World And Outcome / FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by philfearon(m): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
Jehovah Witnesses take each other as a tight knit global family united by a common cause. Although they agree with some of the core doctrines of the early church, there are divergent views on the interpretation of certain parts of the Bible by the sect.

Here are 5 Teachings of the JW that are Different from Consensus Christian Beliefs -

1) Resurrection Teachings

The Witnesses believe that there will be a resurrection. However, they differ on how it will occur. According to them, Jehovah will raise the “righteous” and “unrighteous” on the Day of Judgment but will leave the evil ones to perish forever.

2) Lack of belief in the Trinity Doctrine.

The JW don't subscribe to the Trinity Gospel as peddled by some Christian groups.

For them, there is only Jehovah.

3) Do not believe that Salvation can be earned

Salvation can only be gotten by the grace of God.

4) ) Lack of Belief in Hell

For them, a loving God can't possibly roast his children in hell forever. They believe it is unlike God.

5) Earth is Eternal Home of Man

They also don't subscribe to the popularly held notion of a kingdom in heaven. For them, earth is man's eternal home. It will be made a paradise after the final resurrection.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/07/04/5-teachings-of-the-jehovah-witness-that-are-different-from-general-christian-beliefs/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by DSS1335: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2021
angry

Post the remaining ones here. We don't click links outside nairaland

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Someodds: 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
That ocultic fellowship. Devilish home breakers
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by philfearon(m): 3:13am On Jul 05, 2021
DSS1335:
angry

Post the remaining ones here. We don't click links outside nairaland

You have tried.
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by MVLOX(m): 5:47am On Jul 05, 2021
Someodds:
That ocultic fellowship. Devilish home breakers

Really? How?

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Mayniaa: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2021
I thought they said you need holy spirit to decipher the bible, why are there so many interpretations of the bible leading to the different doctrines we have, each with its own dogma. How many holy spirit dey?

A bible is like a horse, you can ride it to whatever direction you want.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Donotread: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2021
1) Resurrection Teachings
The Witnesses believe that there will be a resurrection. However, they differ on how it will occur. According to them, Jehovah will raise the “righteous” and “unrighteous” on the Day of Judgment but will leave the evil ones to perish forever.
The unrighteous are people “who failed to meet God’s standards but did not have the opportunity to learn and follow them.”
2) Lack of belief in the Trinity Doctrine.
From the group’s teachings, they don’t think that man can actually earn his salvation. They think it can only be by the grace of God.
4) Lack of Belief in Hell
For them, hell is uncharacteristic of the person of God. They do not think a loving father will send His children to burn in hell forever. According to them, those who committed irredeemable offences while alive will not be raised up by God at the appointed time.
5) Finally, they hold the view that earth is the eternal home of man. According to them, the people raised by God will inherit the earth and live everlasting life in an “earthly paradise”.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by FantasyHub: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
All these denominations or religions must have built heavens for their people.

How can they go to the same so called heaven when different denominations or religions preach different things.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Someodds: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2021
MVLOX:

Really? How?

Avoid them if you can. Thank you
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by philfearon(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2021
Mayniaa:
I thought they said you need holy spirit to decipher the bible, why are there so many interpretation of the bible leading to the difference doctrines we have, each with is own dogma. How many holy spirit dey?

Isn't obvious?
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Kondomatic(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2021
Someodds:

Avoid them if you can. Thank you
You still haven't said why
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2021
ANY CHRISTIAN THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE TRINITY IS FINISHED. EVEN EVERY HUMAN BEING IS MADE WITH FLASH( TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THE EARTH CRUST),SOUL (TO FEEL EMOTIONS OF PAINS,JOY,) AND SPIRIT( TO BREATH),AND MAN IS MADE IN IMAGE OF GOD ALMIGHTY.
WHEN YU START PREACHING HERESY YU LIFE BEGIN TO NOSE DIVE,YU BEGIN TO LOSE YA SENSE OF NORMALCY,YU BECOME CONFUSED,DILLUSIONAL LIKE SOYINKA, YU BEGIN TO MIX IDOL WORSHIP WITH CHRISTIANITY LIKE KANU, AND YA SAY ALL SORTS OF DEMON POSSESSED THINGS FOR HYPES THAT ATTRACT YU DEATH AND SUFFERINGS BY YA END.
GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED,GOD CANNOT BE PREDICTED,GOD COMMANDS US TO TRUST AND OBEY,THAT'S ALL.
ENLIGHTENMENT IS THE END OF SUFFERINGS!
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by kingjoe(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
The truth is that
1) There is holy spirit manifested in several ways including speaking in tongues.seeing vision .revelations etc.
I am saying this bodly because I have experienced it.
2)As a Christian we believe by faith so I believe there is heaven and hell however,the nature of heaven and hell I can't authoritatively say.as I just believe it by faith as written in the bible.

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Aderewah: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
Bible says God will create new heaven and new earth. Who will live in the new earth if we all go to heaven?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by philfearon(m): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
kingjoe:
The truth is that
1) There is holy spirit manifested in several ways including speaking in tongues.seeing vision .revelations etc.
I am saying this bodly because[b] I have experienced it.[/b]
2)As a Christian we believe by faith so I believe there is heaven and hell however,the nature of heaven and hell I can't authoritatively say.as I just believe it by faith as written in the bible.
@bolded, really? How did it happen?
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Someodds: 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kondomatic:
You still haven't said why

Maybe you need to taste the waters yourself or perhaps you're also a member of that occultic organization.

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Kondomatic(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
Someodds:

Maybe you need to taste the waters yourself or perhaps you're also a member of that occultic organization.
What makes them occultic? Aren't Catholic, Anglican and so many other churches occultic?

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by oloyedewaris(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
Religion of Hypocrites and intolerant people, shiooor

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by milky3(f): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
I haven't been seeing then around Sha, hope they haven't stopped their house to house evangelism

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by jericco1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
ANY CHRISTIAN THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE TRINITY IS FINISHED. EVEN EVERY HUMAN BEING IS MADE WITH FLASH( TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THE EARTH CRUST),SOUL (TO FEEL EMOTIONS OF PAINS,JOY,) AND SPIRIT( TO BREATH),AND MAN IS MADE IN IMAGE OF GOD ALMIGHTY.
WHEN YU START PREACHING HERESY YU LIFE BEGIN TO NOSE DIVE,YU BEGIN TO LOSE YA SENSE OF NORMALCY,YU BECOME CONFUSED,DILLUSIONAL LIKE SOYINKA, YU BEGIN TO MIX IDOL WORSHIP WITH CHRISTIANITY LIKE KANU, AND YA SAY ALL SORTS OF DEMON POSSESSED THINGS FOR HYPES THAT ATTRACT YU DEATH AND SUFFERINGS BY YA END.
GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED,GOD CANNOT BE PREDICTED,GOD COMMANDS US TO TRUST AND OBEY,THAT'S ALL.

Stop talking trash.
Do you know how the trinity came about.
A union of 77 bishops coined that thing.
Don't be fooled.

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Someodds: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kondomatic:
What makes them occultic? Aren't Catholic, Anglican and so many other churches occultic?

Never mind. I'm not concerned with anything church denomination. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Mayniaa: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:

Ignorance is not bliss. Read up on the "Nicene creed" where they were debating through trial and error who what God/Jesus/holy spirit are. The most Influential bishops won the debate.
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by HitRun(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
philfearon:

Salvation can only be gotten by the grace of God.

angry

Which christian denomination believes salvation can be earned?

On this point, the bible is very explicit: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith. Not by works, lest no man can boast"
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by philfearon(m): 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
HitRun:

angry

Which christian denomination believes salvation can be earned?

On this point, the bible is very explicit: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith. Not by works, lest no man can boast"

Oh! So, works are meaningless then?
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Bimpe29: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
JW is the foremost evangelical church I have ever known.
You see them all nook and cranny.
They did mail their materials via post office those days consistently.

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
What happened to them lately?

Since Corona o never see any witness.

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Ezmans: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
My pastor & church members believe in new earth & heaven but if ask him who I'll live in that new earth he can't give me answer

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by yommyoke: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Religion of Hypocrites and intolerant people, shiooor

Are you kidding me? these people are actually one the nicest people you can meet out there, they're so accommodating and friendly. I wonder where you get this your view from

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by oloyedewaris(m): 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
yommyoke:

Are you kidding me? these people are actually one the nicest people you can meet out there, they're so accommodating and friendly. I wonder where you get this your view from
What i meant is that they complain of everything, yet they are the one benefiting from everything. They will say Nigeria is a secular nation yet disturbing everyone with their preach (not on Nairaland), they will call every government decision islamization, yet they are favored by the way of governance.
And many more of their hypocritical actions

1 Like

Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by yommyoke: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
oloyedewaris:

What i meant is that they complain of everything, yet they are the one benefiting from everything. They will say Nigeria is a secular nation yet disturbing everyone with their preach (not on Nairaland), they will call every government decision islamization, yet they are favored by the way of governance.
And many more of their hypocritical actions

you're really right on this
Re: 5 Teachings Of The Jehovah Witness That Other Christians Can't Reconcile With by Mogadishuu: 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mayniaa:
I thought they said you need holy spirit to decipher the bible, why are there so many interpretations of the bible leading to the different doctrines we have, each with its own dogma. How many holy spirit dey?

take it to the River and whip it to drink the water

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Celebrating Birthday In Dubai And Muslim Don't Celebrate Birthday / With 2.5 Million I Bet You Can Successfully Migrate To Canada / (ASUU) Of Rivers State University Of Science & Technology Suspends Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.