Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,347 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) (32728 Views)

My Father Lived To Train His Children Including 5 Lawyers - Kenneth Okonkwo / ''I Have Always Gotten My Heart Broken That Is Why I Am Mean'' - Daniella Okeke / RMD, His Daughter & Son, Tega Mofe-Damijo On Red Carpet At Falz Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Newsmic: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
As his 60th birthday approaches, veteran actor Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD) has disclosed how he has broken the specter of death in his family since he turned 59 years old, IgbereTV reports.

In an exclusive interview with Nigerian journalist Chide Jideonwu, the actor has revealed that he had broken the specter of death ever since he turned 59 years old even as he anticipates 60 years in a few days.

He disclosed that his parents never lived up to 60 years old as they were both diabetic and hypertensive.

In his words;

“None of my parents lived to be 60, so life for me is just about to get started.”

“There’s been a specter of death around my life, that’s what I’ve been dealing with last year till this year. When I turned 59, it was a big deal for me, a big deal for me! My mom died at 59, my father died at 57/58.”

“So, it was like, can I break it? When people see me and I go on a weight loss, people think that… you know, it’s health. Both my parents were diabetic and hypertensive, I don’t want to be that. I don’t want to be diabetic and hypertensive, I want to be healthier. At least give myself a fighting chance to change that whole cycle. Yes, I’m a Christian now, so I’ve broken that yoke but I have to also help myself.”

“Becoming 60 for me is even a bigger deal, so when July comes and I become 60. You know how the Bible says old things have passed away, I will truly become a new man because that is when I’ll make a bucket list. So all these things that you think I’ve achieved or done, for me it’s nothing, like zero.”

“So I’m going to now sit down when I’m 60 and do a bucket list … and then we’ll start.” This was such a heartfelt moment. Eish. It’s such an honor to do this show”

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtaqEaefiqA

https://igberetvnews.com/1394707/actor-rmd-none-parents-lived-60-ive-broken-yoke-video/

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by doggedfighter(f): 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Happy for you.

Knowledge of healthy lifestyle makes all the difference.

Many more happy and healthy years to you.

The earring looks really good on you grin grin

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Tolams16(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
2nd ftc
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Theboy21: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
This man is so talented, his movies don't disappoint unlike many nollywood movies that are predictable since from the start cheesy cheesy

24 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by cassidy1996(m): 5:39am On Jul 05, 2021
breaking yokes, na GOD get power

13 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by slawormiir: 8:28am On Jul 05, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
I don't see any big deal here though.....but congratulations if he thinks that is an achievement
Penguin2:
How this man continues to get sexier with age, should be the 9th wonder of the world.
Baby boy for life!
Age on in power sir!
Be a real niggarr..there is nothing like "baby boy "
when a male child is born...the male child is seen as a "niggarrrr "
When the male child grows up and start bombing, banging pussy, smoking weed, drinking beer, making some dope money....then such male child is seen as a "real niggarrr "
Unlike female children..when a female child is born...she is a baby girl...even when they grow up ...they are still baby girl

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by lokho(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Congratulations and may you live to celebrate more... Continue to be prayerful

10 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Romanoff(f): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Fine man aging like wine.

Age is just a number o, enjoy life.

No born plenty children so that your old age go sweet.

12 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Penguin2: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
How this man continues to get sexier with age, should be the 9th wonder of the world.

Baby boy for life!

Age on in power sir!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by PrinceOfLagos: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Good to know

More life boss
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by MadamVanessa(f): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Congratulations sweet daddy.

The only man i wish he can grab me with that soft hand of his, and give me endless orgasm.

Even though i know he's married, I won't wait second to fling all my clothes of my body, if he demanded for the do from me.

I love this man i mean genuine love regardless of his fame or money.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by BetExpert: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
The walls have ears. Some things are best left unspoken till you are 100 yrs old. Don't remind Death he forgot your address, before him go do #challengeaccepted on your head.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by stalwart123(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
grin

You're not yet 60.

Anything can happen between now and 12am. I think you supposed to be praying by now and be full of praises rather than the online ranting.

Happy birthday in advance birthday mate.

5 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by TimmyTen(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Ever young fashionista Zaddy. Lifestyle did the magic
Happy for you. Nice one

1 Like

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Eriokanmi: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Congrats. It's a clear proof there's an ailment in the family which truncated their longevity. Now he has come out to confirm it. There was a time rumour had it that RMD was terribly sick, the claim which he later debunked . He was out of public scene for a long time and people began to wonder what could have befallen the veteran actor. He started depreciating as soon as he clocked 50. Some people said its old age... That's the period most people ARRIVE and begin to enjoy their wealth.

The picture below taken in his 50s is a clear proof that RMD was battling an ailment but thank God for his life as he has scaled the hurdle already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Joveg: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Oh wow I am so glad
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by habtal: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
angry
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
And that is news undecided undecided undecided
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by ohosi4real(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Congratulations to he.
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by judetov2(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
K
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by emmyN(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
There was never any yoke. It's just unfortunate that both parents died before 60.

8 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Guy man
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Elock1: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
grin
Me waiting fot for that righteousness guy to come and condemn his earrings.

9 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by McOluOmo: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Congratulations
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by wallay77(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Good living
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Emperormartin(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
A man is always beautiful

2 Likes

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by jbreezy: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Handsome and talented..I'm happy for him
Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by Seakay(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Wow! To God be the glory. cool
Wish u many more years ahead sir.

1 Like

Re: RMD: None Of My Parents Lived To Be 60, I’ve Broken That Yoke (Video) by CalabarPikin: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2021
Congratulations

Live more

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze's Response To Shan George's Question On Sex With A Pastor Is Epic / Nina Signs M&S Closet USA Endorsement Deal (Photo) / Naira Marley: Daddy Showkey Slams EFCC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.