Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,715 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? (313 Views)

Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Receiving Or Paying Money With Left Hand / Do Green People Actually Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? by hbemigho(m): 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
Maybe I am biased because all my children are left handed.

Bhet true true, some people really dey reject money because the giver use left hand give them the money?

Should we have this conversation or should I mind my business and just continue with learning how to eat semo and egusi soup with fork and knife?
Re: People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? by OnionBandit(f): 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Yes.. especially when the money is peanuts

Use left leg give the same person a bundle of 100 dollar notes see wetin go happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? by falcon01: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
There was a time I went to buy fuel, the boy in the fuelling station was about giving me my change then I used my left hand but he refused and said change hand please, I was like shocked na me this idiot dey talk to? I said guy gimme my change He still repeated his word!! I got angry and said "You are very stupid superstitious idiot!! You wey dey collect money with right hand na here you come end up mcheeew"! My point here is I use my left hand for lots of things and If you have a problem with that Fùck you!!
Re: People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? by observanc1: 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
Our culture demands that u give or receive an item with the right right.
I used to outright rejected items given to or collected from me with left hand. Now, i say "he give me that document (or whatever with your right hand".

(1) (Reply)

A Thousand Points Of Light: By King Joe Izimah / Trend Of Assumptions About Cultures And Inventions / Native Speakers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.