Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) (4004 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / Parents, By No Reason Should You Allowed This. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by saphiere(f): 1:33am On Jul 05, 2021
IS IT RIGHT TO LET A SPOUSE WHO ABANDONED YOU AND YOUR CHILD GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILD'S MARRIAGE RITES?

lalasticlala what's your take?

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by saphiere(f): 1:33am On Jul 05, 2021
I mean he was no there through thick and thin.
You took in, gave birth and train the child alone. He runs away like most men do once their wives give birth.
Now the child is about to get married and he comes to perform the marriage rites as a father.

Is it proper?
debbydams:
do u think its easy to carry a child for 9months, pains during pregnancy, child birth, nd nursing the child from Creche to university, so one shameless man will now want to sit as a father on his or her wedding day, bible says Kama rii(its imposible) the current hubby will be his or her father,,I Trust that shameless man won't dare face me tho..as a smart mother I'll tell my kid everything,nd I trust the kid wouldn't want him
Now here is someone with brains.
God bless you jare

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by BabbanBura(m): 2:13am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:
You took in, gave birth and train the child alone. He runs away like most men do once their wives give birth.
Now the child is about to get married and he comes to perform the marriage rites as a father.

Is it proper?

Go ahead and marry her out on your own nah without her family, since ya bitterness against men don reach to wish u can get yasef pregnant without a man's sperm!

7 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 2:38am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?

The interesting thing about being a man is, no matter what you did in the past, they must still look for you to come break the kola.

Saphire my dear, if you know you cannot plant and grow penis, stop hating grin

10 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by HarunaWest(m): 3:18am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?
Does the child have another father?
After all he only came for the marriage rights.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by socialmediaman: 4:07am On Jul 05, 2021
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by phemmyfour: 4:37am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?
It's proper...it's his right as the Father

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by ecolime(m): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2021
I just discovered this Ops bitterness against men all over Nairaland.

You must have been terribly heartbroken by a dude or several. You may also have been abused sexually as a child and thus the hatred for men and constant vile comments. Who knows?

It's not the end of the world young woman. You can still start your life afresh. Free your mind from this hurt and pains of the past. Go for therapy sessions so that you can heal properly.

You deserve to be happy. My prayers are with you.

Best wishes!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by DaddyRochie1642: 6:05am On Jul 05, 2021
Carchoice:

The interesting thing about being a man is, no matter what you did in the past, they must still look for you to come break the kola.

grin grin
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Sentientmind: 6:11am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?
i wouldnt, if im in anyway related, ill woukdnt welcome the father. but if the girk hooses to, who am i to refuse it. but personally i wouldnt welcome it.
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by saphiere(f): 6:12am On Jul 05, 2021
Sentientmind:

i wouldnt, if im in anyway related, ill woukdnt welcome the father. but if the girk hooses to, who am i to refuse it. but personally i wouldnt welcome it.
Thanks
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by saphiere(f): 6:34am On Jul 05, 2021
ecolime:
I just discovered this Ops bitterness against men all over Nairaland.

You must have been terribly heartbroken by a dude or several. You may also have been abused sexually as a child and thus the hatred for men and constant vile comments. Who knows?

It's not the end of the world young woman. You can still start your life afresh. Free your mind from this hurt and pains of the past. Go for therapy sessions so that you can heal properly.

You deserve to be happy. My prayers are with you.

Best wishes!
I'm not bitter. I'm very much sweet inside out. I create this post to learn.
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Nuelito: 6:46am On Jul 05, 2021
Speechless
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Kondomatic(m): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?
It seems your kinsmen are mostly useless.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by MightySparrow: 6:49am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?

If the man comes back and blames the Devil, I might consider him. Devil manages the doings of wrong doers.
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Hathor5(f): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2021
Is it for me to allow or not or do my adult children have a say in this too? Rhetorical question.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by VEXT: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2021
Why be say if woman no fit get man to Marry she go begin to hate men.. insult them every tym

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by ImaIma1(f): 8:45am On Jul 05, 2021
Carchoice:

The good thing is that after he breaks the kola, he returns to his life without the child in it and everybody goes back to their lives.

One day of breaking kola is not enough to change the situation.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Kaybae(f): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

The good thing is that after he breaks the kola, he returns to his life without the child in it and everybody goes back to their lives.

. Can't stop laughing right now grin grin grin, it is well.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Kaybae(f): 9:06am On Jul 05, 2021
Some uncertainty happen in marriage that it's only the wisdom of God that is needed to sort them out, for the happiness of the child, one will surely want the father to get involved but maybe after the whole celebration individual will maintain their lane, May God see us through.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

Of course he will go back to his life, but his blessings will follow you to your new home whether you like it or not. That’s the essence of breaking kola.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by bukatyne(f): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?
Most men run when their wives give birth? undecided

@OP, the less drama free thing is to let him perform his rites if he wants to be involved.

That's why a woman has a duty to herself to choose well. wink

Of course, in a few cases, life happens.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by jimmychang: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?

Like most men do grin grin...E be like say your own papa abadon you too

4 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by debbydams(f): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?
normal normal If its me I won't allow him...
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by ImaIma1(f): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2021
Carchoice:

Of course he will go back to his life, but his blessings will follow you to your new home whether you like it or not. That’s the essence of breaking kola.

That's the lie that is usually told. A father is much more than a sperm donor. Someone else who cared for a child and showed that child fatherly love is worth more than the biological father, and his blessings superceeds that of the biological father.

Don't let anyone lie to you about blessings from someone who never even acknowledged your existence.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

That's the lie that is usually told. A father is much more than a sperm donor. Someone else who cared for a child and showed that child fatherly love is worth more than the biological father, and his blessings superceeds that of the biological father.

Don't let anyone lie to you about blessings from someone who never even acknowledged your existence.
so what will you say about people that prays to God every day and thinks their prayers are not answered? Should we also say God does not acknowledge their existence?

What I know is, no matter what a father or a mother did in the past, it shouldn’t make you think or reason like the OP.

I had the worse case while growing up, but today he uses every opportunity he gets to apologize for his wrongs because he never expected the love and care I show him.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

Don’t get me wrong, I did not comment because I am male. I will do same if the post was directed at our mothers. I hate when we all claim to want the best for us but we can’t let go of the past by genuine forgiveness. Isn’t that what Christianity preach? I learnt to forgive my enemies, how much more my own father.

There’s more to being human than what someone did to you in the past.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by ImaIma1(f): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
Carchoice:
so what will you say about people that prays to God every day and thinks their prayers are not answered? Should we also say God does not acknowledge their existence?

What I know is, no matter what a father or a mother did in the past, it shouldn’t make you think or reason like the OP.

I had the worse case while growing up, but today he uses every opportunity he gets to apologize for his wrongs because he never expected the love and care I show him.

If you followed my comment to the first one, you would understand my responses. It was to the below bolded comment:

Nothing was said about forgiveness or someone asking for forgiveness, but them "looking" for someone to come and break kola just because he donated sperm.

Would they have to look/search for him if he was someone that wanted forgiveness and to be part of the child's life?

So having someone just come and do marriage rites just because he is the biological father doesn't really change anything.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

If you followed my comment to the first one, you would understand my responses. It was to the below bolded comment:

Nothing was said about forgiveness or someone asking for forgiveness, but them "looking" for someone to come and break kola just because he donated sperm.

So having someone just come and do marriage rites just because he is the biological father doesn't really change anything.

OP is trying to know if the father should be part of the marriage ceremony when he wasn’t part of the child’s life.

I mentioned forgiveness because it is only those that are still holding on to the past that will ask such questions. If our mother had swallowed or our father had used condom, none of us will be here to debate their rights or wrong.

forgive, learn from it, move on and do better.

Just an advice, if you meet a man that has such issues against his mother or father, don’t marry him until he changes completely.

Also note that, someone doesn’t necessarily need to seek your forgiveness before you forgive that person.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by ImaIma1(f): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
Carchoice:

OP is trying to know if the father should be part of the marriage ceremony when he wasn’t part of the child’s life.

I mentioned forgiveness because it is only those that are still holding on to the past that will ask such questions. If our mother had swallowed or our father had used condom, none of us will be here to debate their rights or wrong.

forgive, learn from it, move on and do better.

Just an advice, if you meet a man that has such issues against his mother or father, don’t marry him until he changes completely.

Also note that, someone doesn’t necessarily need to seek your forgiveness before you forgive that person.

I get your point.

My comment was based on someone just being important only because he needs to come perform marriage rites.

To forgive or not to forgive is story for another day

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by efficiencie(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?

Really? Like most men do? By most I can guess you mean above 80%, abi? If that is true then you must allow good men marry at least 10 wives ohh so that you can benefit from some marital goodness because if you do not then you must be ready to submit yourself as a living sacrifice to a runaway husband ooh!
Re: Would You Allowed Your Spouse To Do This? (photo) by ImaIma1(f): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:

Is it proper?

Where did you get these statistics that most men run when their wives give birth?

It seems you only choose to see the bad situations and stories concerning men. Women give birth everyday and husbands take responsibility for their children.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can Someone Increase The Smartness And Intelligence Of An Unborn Baby / I Am not her father / My children will not start school until 4 or 5 years old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.