Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 (55515 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa AFCON 2023 Semi-Finals (4 - 2)pens On 7 Feb 2024 / Argentina vs France : Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup Finals (4 - 2)pens On 18/12/22 / Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Numerouno94(m): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

grin grin make award givers choose Kante and jorginho
Lolz

cheesy cheesy
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
MT:

England has not played proper opposition. Germany that England defeated was even lucky to get out of their group. If England was in Italy route, they would have been eliminated. If they make it pass Denmark, Italy will beat nonsense comot for their body.
The same Denmark that managed to steal a draw from Germany when they played friendly match just last month. Germany was leading from 1st half. But England beat Germany 2:0. Don't underestimate England. They have been playing very excellent in this tournament. Tomorrow we will know the winner
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Macabs: 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
Numerouno94:

Modric was outstanding, it was Modric's year. Jorginho hasn't bn that impressive to say the least. Buh mennn that penalty kick by Jorginho was master class.. I tot u guys were rootin 4 Kante abi wetin kun hapn? gringrin

Pogba and co failed him!!

2 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by superjab247: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
God2man2again:

Italy won the match as predicted by me and Spain lost it because they lacked good strikers, I believe a team with good strikers will defeat Italy by more than 2 goals.

Congratulations to the Italians.
Just as the super eagles beat the Mexicans grin
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by seunny4lif(m): 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
Carparts:
Hahaha, Bros ehhh, you no just like England grin
That’s overrated team
Hell no grin

1 Like

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by vikgreen01(m): 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ilamina:
Spanish men are so handsome ❤️

U mean that guy Danny olmo is handsome

4 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Kinjikitileking(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
vikgreen01:
Spain really tried their best but I was very angry during the first half when they were missing chances. F.Torres, Danny olmo and olyamary(I don’t think I get the spelling) missed chances a lot not until morata came in and equalized. I was very impressed with the way the Spaniard put up the fight, the Italians were dissembled, they didn’t even have any targets in first half then I was wondering is this the Italian people are hyping...
Oyarzabal

As much as I love morata, he will never cease getting people sad with the way he take penalty, my grandma of over 90years waking with a stick as her third leg will smile Nd catch that kick of mr morata. Even before he took that pk the commentator said his penalty kicks during his days in Chelsea was so bad.

Lastly penalty shootouts is a game of chances, I hope the Spaniard will come back stronger next time. I don’t see the Italians lifting that cup with the way they played today but I won’t be surprise since football is about luck...
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ilamina:
Spanish men are so handsome ❤️

Yes Olmo exemplifies your observation. angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Kinjikitileking(m): 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2021
Oyarzabal
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by PrudencyFeats: 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yoighaman:
In my opinion, Spain deserves to go through to the final, they were the better side, but hey, life doesn't work that way.

Congrats to Italy.

I dont think they deserved to play in the final. Just that Italy went on defense.

Spain only won 1 match in normal regulatory 90 minutes all through thier euro 2020 games.

Such team with that record will be unfair to play in the final of Europe elite competition... Such record is meant for the underdog 'whipping boys' as surprises.... but Denmark has better records in Euro 2020 than Spain.. ...worthy to play in the final.
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
ChopAndGo:
Germany was one of the weakest in the tournament. If not that Hungary team was careless Germany would have gone home since.
Bros i think many people are quick to forget that the 2021 UCL was an all English final, and an English team Chelsea won the tournament. This last 2020/21 season, England league has been very competitive and that's why they won UCL despite people underestimated them. This England team is made up of English league players and they are in form currently, plus the UCL winning spirit attitude is reflecting on them. I think it has been good for England that they are been underestimated but then they have crushed everyone they faced. Only Scotland escaped without England scoring them. But this time tomorrow we will know who will face Italy in the finals.
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2021
seunny4lif:

That’s overrated team
Hell no grin
Bros but it's the opposite oh, people been dey underestimate England. Even on this thread, many people think Denmark will beat them tomorrow.
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by observanc1: 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
Carparts:
Bros England beat Austria, beat Croatia, beat Germany 2:0, beat Ukraine 4:0, so who is Denmark that they won't beat tomorrow? I'm sure Denmark team has already book their flight ticket back to their country. England is in top form right now.
if they win Denmark, italy will win them in the finals

3 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by jagorinho: 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Carparts:
The same Denmark that managed to steal a draw from Germany when they played friendly match just last month. Germany was leading from 1st half. But England beat Germany 2:0. Don't underestimate England. They have been playing very excellent in this tournament. Tomorrow we will know the winner
.....do you know Denmark is the last team to beat England at home in a competitive match?.....just last year October at Wembley.

England is clearly overhyped, they have been very lucky with draws, playing condemned teams and the weakest German team In 20 years, see !!! Ukraine is so weak that of I go to a random motor park in Lagos and choose 11 fit individuals they would still give that Ukraine a good run for their money.

Italy only played bad today because they acknowledged they can't outplay Spain in possession game,which is fair, in life , you must know when to use your strength and hide your weakness but if England eventually make it to the final, I am very sure Italy would vandalize them from every angle.

11 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by seunny4lif(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Carparts:
Bros but it's the opposite oh, people been dey underestimate England. Even on this thread, many people think Denmark will beat them tomorrow.
I want Denmark to win and they will win grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2021
jagorinho:
but if England eventually make it to the final, I am very sure Italy would vandalize them from every angle.
Hahaha grin, Bros this finishing part na die oh. "Vandalize them from every angle" grin You don't like England at all grin
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by ChopAndGo: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2021
Carparts:
Bros i think many people are quick to forget that the 2021 UCL was an all English final, and an English team Chelsea won the tournament. This last 2020/21 season, England league has been very competitive and that's why they won UCL despite people underestimated them. This England team is made up of English league players and they are in form currently, plus the UCL winning spirit attitude is reflecting on them. I think it has been good for England that they are been underestimated but then they have crushed everyone they faced. Only Scotland escaped without England scoring them. But this time tomorrow we will know who will face Italy in the finals.
Reading and comprehension is your problem!

How did what i said relate to what you are saying?

Germany team was one of the weakest in the tournament. If you don't understand my statement give a neighbour to read and explain to you.

5 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 12:04am On Jul 07, 2021
seunny4lif:

I want Denmark to win and they will win grin cheesy
Your love for Denmark is original love grin
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by seunny4lif(m): 12:08am On Jul 07, 2021
Carparts:
Your love for Denmark is original love grin
grin grin
I just hate the way British media behave ni
After the HT of Spain vs Italy instead of them to talk about the game and highlight.
They were busy talking about England games and showing highlights of England previous games as if na England dey play

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Kingcalls: 12:08am On Jul 07, 2021
vickydevoka:

Watin Ronaldo de play. Penalty. Italian way get football since how may years. Haba y are u talking like dis. Ac Milan intermilan and juve don Carry champion league

When last did Italy perform in an international tournament....Milan and inter that hv been dead for ages ...they just rose as he joined the league

3 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 12:12am On Jul 07, 2021
jagorinho:

.....seems u were watching euro 2000, when did England played Austria? abi na for virtual?
England played Croatia, Scotland and Czech republic, before playing Germany and Ukraine later
England played Austria last month friendly match is what i'm referring to. Both teams played Austria recently.
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Sirqt5(m): 12:14am On Jul 07, 2021
cool
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 12:16am On Jul 07, 2021
seunny4lif:

grin grin
I just hate the way British media behave ni
After the HT of Spain vs Italy instead of them to talk about the game and highlight.
They were busy talking about England games and showing highlights of England previous games as if na England dey play
Hahaha grin no wonder you provoke. But i think the spotlight is on England because an English team just won the 2021 UCL. But what if by chance England wins the Euro 2021 too, then England wins 2022 World Cup, better get ready to hear the sports shows talk about England 24/7 grin
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by MT: 12:20am On Jul 07, 2021
Carparts:

Denmark has a new motivation bankrolling them. They want to win the trophy for Eriksen. England should watch out tomm, Denmark is their banana peel
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 12:22am On Jul 07, 2021
ChopAndGo:
Reading and comprehension is your problem!

How did what i said relate to what you are saying?

Germany team was one of the weakest in the tournament. If you don't understand my statement give a neighbour to read and explain to you.
Bros i understood you well. You implied England defeat Germany because the German team are weak according to you. But i'm reminding you that an England team just won UCL in an all England teams finals. So i'm telling you that it's not a matter of Germany being weak but England being a strong team right now.

5 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Carparts: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2021
MT:

Denmark has a new motivation bankrolling them. They want to win the trophy for Eriksen. England should watch out tomm, Denmark is their banana peel
Bros you are very correct. I think Denmark is a solid team that is playing well right now. But i also think England is in better form and has a more quality players than Denmark. And as you implied, if England should underestimate them, Denmark has what it takes to disgrace them tomorrow. But i don't think England will underestimate them, they have been playing every game like as if they are playing a final. Very serious, focused and well coordinated. But in football anything can happen, so tomorrow or today actually we will know the winner
Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Gwan2(m): 12:31am On Jul 07, 2021
thoollz:

Forget Portugal has been thrash since the last euros. Did u watch the nations league? Germany isn't that good this period either. England has had it easy since the beginning of the tournament especially the home advantage...but they still haven't faced a team that will shake them.

You cancel Portugal, cancel Germany…and you say dem never play strong team…dem go likely meet Italy if dem win semis. Don’t forget this small teams as you put it eliminated the giants…also don’t forget..na common Iceland comot England for the last euro 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Kingcalls: 12:31am On Jul 07, 2021
Carparts:
Bros i feel you. But the thing is that since this Euro started, England defense has been 100%, they have not conceded a single goal, no team has been able to score them from group stage till now, even Germany collect 2:0 from England. The spirit of UCL success is following them and just like an English team won UCL, England will win this Euro 2021 trophy. Look at how Italy was struggling against a Spain team that has been average. England is in the best form, they will destroy Denmark tomorrow you will see.

Germany is no longer formidable...I dont know y Portugal was scared against them... England has not played a real team in this tournament... Croatia, Czech that they both won by a single goal and a 0.0 draw with Scotland, then the dead german team that needed a late draw against Hungary to qualify then a weak Ukraine team

2 Likes

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Lamasta(m): 12:31am On Jul 07, 2021
Italy for Euros 2020 champion

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by Badgers14: 12:32am On Jul 07, 2021
ecolime:
Sad Spain lost cry Their keeper was rock solid. They were the better side tonight.

Italy fall my hands today. They've been outstanding since the beginning of the tournament but very poor today.

Congrats anyway. Wish them victory in the final.

Though I can't stand Spain.. I just don't like their style of play and their being over dramatic when they touch them..

But on the other hand, Italy was cruising until they met Austria..

Austria was like, we all will die here today grin
Italy was shocked by the Austrian tactics.. they were worried the whole game... a game that folks thought it was a walk in the park, turned out to be Italy hanging on the edge of their seat.

They relaxed abit when there were 2-0 up but when Austria pulled one back, they were back trembling and have not recovered from the shock from that game hence today's abysmal performance.

I am going for England tho if they can make it past Denmark.. I think they will because karma will come and bite them in the ašs.. remember there first goal against Czech republic shouldn't have beena corner kick.. that was a goal kick but was wrongly awarded as corner kick and Denmark scored..

I believe if England get pass Denmark, they will beat Italy... England have fast strikers .. Italy have old guards at the back..

1 Like

Re: Italy Vs Spain : EURO 2020 Semi-Finals (4 - 2) On Penalties On 6th July 2021 by ChopAndGo: 12:33am On Jul 07, 2021
Carparts:
Bros i understood you well. You implied England defeat Germany because the German team are weak according to you. But i'm reminding you that an England team just won UCL in an all England teams finals. So i'm telling you that it's not a matter of Germany being weak but England being a strong team right now.
You are still typing off point!

It's not my duty to teach you English Language.

Please run along!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Jay-Jay Okocha's Exotic Cars As He Celebrates His 44th Birthday / Emmanuel Adebayor's N8m Can-Am Bike & Cars In His Compound (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.