Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! (3103 Views)

Breaking News: Kops Sign Ings / Liverpool Vs Machester United At Anfield Today. What Is Your Prediction? / Fa Cup Final: Upton Park Or Anfield? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2007
Are you a Kop? Do you have the Anfield spirit flowing in you? Indeed we shall never walk alone.

Lets chat and talk about our transfers and news here, where we can hear ourselves.

We can also talk about the antics opf the Geatest gambler of our yime: Rafa Benitez.

Hope to see your posts.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by bgees(m): 10:46am On Jul 17, 2007
A kop here.
Babel said rafa told him he would be competing with six players for four different positions. What do u undestand by that.
I just hope we can start well this season.
What do u think of our new signings.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by koblo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2007
well am a kop 2 da blood, av not been really hearing much bout d kops in d transfer market aside d sale of zenden, bellamy, dudek, garcia n cisse.heard babel n yossi r now in, very good signings, hey wats up wit sinama pongolle
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2007
Rafa is a wise man, no doubt.

Anybody that thinks his buy of seven, YES seven wingers : Riise, Babel, Kewell, Pennant, Pongolle (then), Zenden (then) and Bellamy (then), was rubbish, then he should sit tight and watch us win the premiership this season.

koblo:

well am a kop 2 da blood, av not been really hearing much bout d kops in d transfer market aside d sale of zenden, bellamy, dudek, garcia n cisse.heard babel n yossi r now in, very good signings, hey wats up wit sinama pongolle

Sinama Pongolle has been finally sold to Huelva, to which he was loaned to for the whole of last season.

TORRES
Defenses, please beware of TORRES.

He's a killer. Petr Cech should better wear his head gear, to be able to pose an excuse next season.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by bgees(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
what about sebastian leto, d winger we bought from lanus(argentina) in january.
has mark gonzalez finally left,because benayoun has been given the no. 11 jersey.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2007
bgees:

what about sebastian leto, d winger we bought from lanus(argentina) in january.
has mark gonzalez finally left,because benayoun has been given the no. 11 jersey.

You know, the Man is a very wise man. He also bought one Brazilian winger from Grameo, the team that lost in the Copa Liberatodores to Boca junoirs. He is touted to be the captain of the Brazilian U20 team. But I don't know his name.

As for Leto, I don't know about his transfer, but now that you have mentioned it, I am informed.

Thanks bgees
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by tocdee(m): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2007
Werder bremen 2-3 liverpool

all the new boys looked fantastic - voronin was MoM again, torres got two great chances at the end, babel had two sequences of brilliant footwork (although he tried to shoot from 20 yards after each one instead of passing, benayoun looked good and worked well on the right with kuyt - overall a very good showing by everyone - cannot wait for the season to start!
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by viee(f): 10:45am On Jul 18, 2007
tocdee:

Werder bremen 2-3 liverpool

all the new boys looked fantastic - voronin was MoM again, torres got two great chances at the end, babel had two sequences of brilliant footwork (although he tried to shoot from 20 yards after each one instead of passing, benayoun looked good and worked well on the right with kuyt - overall a very good showing by everyone - cannot wait for the season to start!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Liverpool for evaaaaaaaaaaaaa kiss kiss kiss
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by bgees(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2007
Kubed2klin:

You know, the Man is a very wise man. He also bought one Brazilian winger from Grameo, the team that lost in the Copa Liberatodores to Boca junoirs. He is touted to be the captain of the Brazilian U20 team. But I don't know his name.

As for Leto, I don't know about his transfer, but now that you have mentioned it, I am informed.

Thanks bgees

thats lucas leiva of brazil,dubbed the brazilian stevie gerrard.he was in the squad for the u20 world cup. he is central/defensive midfielder.

kudos to rafa, he is concentrating on the attack, can u imagine we have five strikers.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by chuckdee4(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hey
Aint a Liverpool fan, just want to wish u guys the best of luck this season, u seem to have quite a few decent players, u guys should pray they all start firing and that the coach knows how and when to use them, cos its not easy having that many star players in one team, ask Mr Mourinho
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2007
Kopites Kwenu!!!

What do you guys think of a permanent sellout of Sinama Pongolle to Recreativo huelva?

Was Gaffer's decisions worth it?

I know Zenden was ripe, bellamy was eager to get a first team shirt, Cisse was Mersseille sick, Dudek needed a new challenge and Garcia was done for retirement (Atleast, his contributions are worth sending him to Our Hall of FAME). But what do you think of Sinama? He is still bright you know?
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by A40(m): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2007
A good start is key to you guys having any success this season
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2007
Yeah a good start to the season is what we want.

And Gaffer is going to give us just that
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by toshmann(m): 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2007
this is the year we've been waiting for. all kopites shout hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by toshmann(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2007
here lies man utd. she is survived by. . . . .man city, bolton, wigan, coventry, blackburn and a host of other northwestern teams including everton.

memorial service will be on the 25th of december 2007. come one come all grin

Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by bgees(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2007
One mistake i think rafa made was to sell cisse.he could have kept him and sinima.when we had morientes and cisse ,we had many options.i hope d strikers we have now can give us better days.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2007
bgees:

One mistake i think rafa made was to sell cisse.he could have kept him and sinima.when we had morientes and cisse ,we had many options.i hope d strikers we have now can give us better days.

Well don't underestimate the Gaffer. Just watch him gamble his way to winning the league this season.

When heinze comes to Anfield, we can now be able to use Riise very well in his normal position. Then we will have options on both wings for better input to El Nino and Crouch.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2007
LAst seasonm, we won the community shield aganist Chelsea, and Manchester United went on to win the league. Well, I think the opposite is happening already. with a white wash of Mourinho's boys on sunday, the league is set rolling for us to Win.

We shall never walk alone!!!

The league is ours to carry this season
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2007
Liverpool striker Kuyt: I can be Kop legend

Dirk Kuyt believes he can step into Robbie Fowler's boots and become a consistent goalscorer for Liverpool.

Dirk Kuyt celebrates in front of some woebegone Reading fans.The Dutchman scored 14 times last term, but the £9million striker aims to top the 20-goal mark this time around.

He said: 'Players like Robbie and Michael Owen are known as some of the best strikers Liverpool has ever had, and it's good for me to be able to have the chance to join those names.

'I want to be seen as a Liverpool goalscorer, and now I can't wait to show it.'

Kuyt has potentially two new strike partners following the arrivals of Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin, who have effectively replaced Fowler and Craig Bellamy, who both left Anfield this summer.

And Kuyt believes that having a full pre-season can only benefit his game, after his transfer from Feyenoord disrupted his preparations last year.

Talking to the Liverpool Echo, he said: 'I'm sure I will get better this season. Last year I didn't have a full pre-season or know the rest of the lads or the club so well.

'Now I'm more settled and any difficulties when starting at a new club are behind me. I can focus 100% on my football and I have a good feeling about this season.'

He added: 'I scored a lot of goals in Holland, but England is totally different because it's so much more difficult.

'I believe I can do here what I did in Holland, but I also think I can do more for the team than just score goals. It's important for me to do whatever job is asked, working hard or making assists.

'Last season was different for me, getting used to different partners in attack and also playing against better defenders.

'The Premier League has some of the best defenders in the world and you need to get used to that, but I'm looking forward to this season even more than last.'

Kuyt also plans to become more adaptable given the varied playing styles among Rafael Benitez's strikeforce this season.

He said: 'Andriy and Fernando are different strikers to Robbie Fowler and Craig, so I may play in a different role.

'Fernando likes to come deeper for the ball, so if I play alongside him there's the chance for me to play higher up the park, which I enjoy. That's more how I was used to playing with Feyenoord.

'It all depends who I play alongside, of course, but what's most important is to play, win the games and help as many players as possible to score goals.'

Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by deejay1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2007
as a bonafide kop. jst wonderin wat y'all tink bt rafa last season much rotation system. do u tink his rotation policy is gonna continue dis season? or is gonna stick wit his top lads. N which pair do u wanna see up front come dis new season . i tink Torres N kuyt playin jst behind him wuld be a gd match. ( am t da manager thou jst a tot) wat do y'all tink?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2007
I give Rafa my blessings for the rotational play. This would afford the club the chance to keep all players in form and competing for available positions on the pitch. It would also allay fears when a player is injured as we would certainly have someone to fill the place.

I am Happy with what Rafa is doing.

I am happy at the performance of El Nino vs Villa. He shall definitely catch up with the scorers. Up Reds

We shall never walk alone!!!
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2007
Do you see ElNino poaching atleast 30 goals this season?

Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2007
El Nino started his 30 goal campaign in grand style against Petr Cech though one useless Styles from Hampshire killed our joy. But I know that Torres can live op to his expectations after the huge sum doled out to get him.

All the same, If we can beat Sunderland on wednesday? by a huge margin then we can climb on top of the Pensioniers. Until then,

We Shall Never Walk Alone,
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
I hear Gabriel Heinze can't join LFC and is on his way to Real Madrid!?

Fearful Fergie! Sha! I don't blame him for being scared. Do not want a bigger blow than the one he got at the hands of Man City.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2007
That was a brilliant Goal by Sissoko and a debut goal for Voronin. This should scare EPL contenders for the whole of the season. LFC have come with a motive to win, win and win all.

The Gaffer has always made his terms clear - Only the best plays for LFC. And so far, he has sticked by it.

Derby should be another take for us before the massive crowd at the slughterslab (Anfield) this weekend. Toulouse should have known from the scratch that for then to have been paired with the Reds meant that they were already out of the CL.

Carry Go Rafa,
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2007
Its been a while, and so many things have gone under the bridge.

One of those, was our first scoreless match this season in all copetitions.

With jetlags and fatigue, the FA still allowed the week to go on.

Well, I know the KOP will always rally back on.

I expect a drama at the Emirates come the 22nd, and probably another giant score margin at Anfield, hopefully if our stifflers are back from lack of form and injury.

Till then, YNWA
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by ritchboi: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2007
@kubed
uhm,r u aight?
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by Kubed2klin(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2007
Well Well Well.

Things are not going well for the KOPS

But it doesn't mean that I am loosing hope in them.

We are just six points behind top title chasers, North London Reds.

However, our gaffer must do something fast about the lack of form and free flowing football that is characteristic of Anfield, the Slaughterslab.

The game against spurs, was just yet another of the blemishes of Reina. but if only he can make up subsequently, then,

He tops the premier league's fantasy list for keepers, after so many clean sheets. he is getting porous, and he has to do somethign about it.

Well till then, YNWA.
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by A40(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2007
Things are not going well at the Kop yall better get your acts right before we come to the Kop.Cos we Gunners are not smiling this season
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by salehm(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2007
"You willl never walk alone" grin but they seem to be walking alone
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by toshmann(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2007
no they are not. we are there with them. we are different. very different. we dont jump club just like that. we dont criticise our boys just like that. if they fall, we all fall together, we never walk alone cool
Re: Anfield And The Kop: For Kops Only! by A40(m): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2007
Yes and falling yall shall keep doing grin

(1) (2) (3)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Opportunity For Nigerian Basketball Players To School And Play In The Usa / Nigeria In U-17 World Cup U-turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.