Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate (2584 Views)

Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate / Balotelli': I Shouldn't Have Left Man City Probably One Balloon D'or i'm sure / Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by OJEEMAH(m): 6:19am On Jul 07, 2021
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by OJEEMAH(m): 6:21am On Jul 07, 2021
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by andrewbaba44: 6:27am On Jul 07, 2021
fergie001:

This analysis is a funny one.

The Ballon d'Or has been separated from the World Player of the Year...So when you Campaign for your Messi as World Player of the Year I can understand the sentiments; but you expect Messi to win Ballon d'Or for getting to the finals of the Copa America, in an EUROs year? Funny.

What is the business of UEFA & French Journalists with Copa America?

Make a distinction when analysing it oooo....Messi neither won the UCL nor league, and you want him to win Ballon d'Or for scoring a freekick in the Copa.

The likes of Lewy, Kante will be obvious front-runners for the Ballon d'Or, not Messi.

Kante front runner for the ballon d or ,even after being kicked out of the euros

Dey deceive your self

2 Likes

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by andrewbaba44: 6:33am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Jorginho
Havertz
Azpilicueta
Sterling & Stones (League)

Right now, all these boys are well above Messi because they won the UCL/League & Messi didn't win anything.

If any of them wins the Euros, Messi will not even hold a candle to their performances this season.

See Ekuke players Wey Dey above Messi

Abeg you too Mumu cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by Patoski7(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

The only player I can remember that won the Balon D'Or without winning anything was Messi in 2010.

Stole Sneijder's award after same Sneijder kicked him out in UCL & WC. Robbery.
Oga he won the league in 2010 the same will be said in 2013 Ribery was also robbed he won the treble and they gave it to Ronaldo

5 Likes

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by Drew13: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2021
paulolee:

e pain me say na fergie my man de talk dis tin...all i needed was dt ur first line dt said " ballon d or must come from a country dt won euros" and u also ended up by saying the Europeans would decide who wins it....let.me ask....who are the Europeans?? which players do u av on r current nominee list that can displace messi with votes?? aint u shooting urself on d foot??
Na Ronaldo fan now
What where you expecting cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by paulolee(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2021
Drew13:

Na Ronaldo fan now
What where you expecting cheesy
d guy dey yarn anyhow....so jorginho go win mesi with votes? even if na only london vote, e no fit win half votes..
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by paulolee(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Its not just about having a better stats than last year. Last year, their UCL victory would have boosted his chances and on a personal level, no player could beat his performance and achievements. In the space of 1year, things have changed and the competition for balon dor is tight. His personal stat is impressive just like Messi, Mbappe & KDB but they all missed out on the UCL which would have played a major role. Now the deciding factor would be the euros or copa america since no player could lay claim based personal and club achievements.

Neymar's case is different. He was never in the race. If it were Mbappe, winning the tournament would increase his chances by 50% considering the fact that, Lewy, De-bruyne & Kante didn't perform well.
oil dey ur head....I don leave fergie for u bcoz his sentiments for cr7 is too alarming....calling players dt were never in d race to win ball on d or because its an euros year..
so jorhinho dt was poor with Chelsea all season would win votes from french journalist n win ballon d or ahead of messi dt was consistent all year....some kind talk eeh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by OJEEMAH(m): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2021
grin
paulolee:

oil dey ur head....I don leave fergie for u bcoz his sentiments for cr7 is too alarming....calling players dt were never in d race to win ball on d or because its an euros year..
so jorhinho dt was poor with Chelsea all season would win votes from french journalist n win ballon d or ahead of messi dt was consistent all year....some kind talk eeh
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by paulolee(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2021
fergie001:

Agreed.

Agreed.

I partly agree.
Then, it was a FIFA Ballon d'Or that involved votes from all over the world and not just Europe.

Messi & Ronaldo will always do their thing here for obvious reasons.

Lewy's performance still best-ed everyone else's.
Infact, he had a better stat than last year....31 matches...34 goals, 4 assists (last year).

This Year....29 matches....41 goals, 7 assists. Only missing thing for him this year was the UCL....didn't he have a fine run like Shevchenko. [Outside International Goals].

Copa America? OK ooooo....
Mbappe is OUT.
De Bruyne is a NO.

Let me ask you, Messi won the Copa del dey just as Neymar won the French Cup. If Brazil wins the Copa, will Neymar stand a chance for the Ballon d'Or? Be sincere.

no because neyma was very poor with PSG n was disturbed with injuries while mbappe played key role n even dt neyma hasn't find form in this copa n dts why messi would win d award for best player in this copa with his 4 goals n 5 assist..
messi is the only player leading the race as it stands so jus accept it n forget this ur euros year trash
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by Neimarjr: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

The only player I can remember that won the Balon D'Or without winning anything was Messi in 2010.

Stole Sneijder's award after same Sneijder kicked him out in UCL & WC. Robbery.

Get your facts right
Nor dy lie
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by DoggoneDogg: 8:03am On Jul 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

See Ekuke players Wey Dey above Messi

Abeg you too Mumu cheesy cheesy

Tell me wetin Messi use pass dem dis season abeg. No noise. Just list.
I dey wait...

1 Like

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by DoggoneDogg: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Patoski7:

Oga he won the league in 2010 the same will be said in 2013 Ribery was also robbed he won the treble and they gave it to Ronaldo

Yes, 2013 too was Ribery not CR7. Everyone knows this.
Messi robbed Sneijder in 2010. Short thief.

1 Like

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by DoggoneDogg: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Neimarjr:

Get your facts right
Nor dy lie

Oya correct the facts, Mr. Facter. I dey wait...

1 Like

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by Neimarjr: 8:10am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Oya correct the facts, Mr. Facter. I dey wait...

Lol
You should know
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by DoggoneDogg: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2021
Neimarjr:

Lol
You should know

Correct it. Since you said Sneijder didn't knock Messi out of UCL & got to WC Final.

1 Like

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by fergie001: 9:56am On Jul 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Its not just about having a better stats than last year. Last year, their UCL victory would have boosted his chances and on a personal level, no player could beat his performance and achievements. In the space of 1year, things have changed and the competition for balon dor is tight. His personal stat is impressive just like Messi, Mbappe & KDB but they all missed out on the UCL which would have played a major role. Now the deciding factor would be the euros or copa america since no player could lay claim based personal and club achievements.

Neymar's case is different. He was never in the race. If it were Mbappe, winning the tournament would increase his chances by 50% considering the fact that, Lewy, De-bruyne & Kante didn't perform well.
Noted.....

Paulolee...no die ontop Messi matter oooo....na so you do gra gra chop Lewandowski 8 the other time. grin
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by andrewbaba44: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Tell me wetin Messi use pass dem dis season abeg. No noise. Just list.
I dey wait...

If Jorginho and harvetz see top 10 they should celebrate

I will remind you when the time comes

1 Like

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by OJEEMAH(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2021
fergie001:

Noted.....

Paulolee...no die ontop Messi matter oooo....na so you do gra gra chop Lewandowski 8 the other time. grin
grin
Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by arukwe123(m): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Correct it. Since you said Sneijder didn't knock Messi out of UCL & got to WC Final.
loud mouth but nothing dey brain. Na wa for penaldogs. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by TLona1: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Yes I agree. But that's because we now have immature clowns like you all over social media parading themselves as football fans.

A good example of majority may not always be right.

I want you to place Messi's achievements side by side with those players and show me where he surpassed them.

Messi is not the ballon d'or favourite because of trophies but because he's the best player in 2021.

Same thing happened in 2012 when he won just CDR.

If he wins the Copa America on Saturday, forget it.

2 Likes

Re: How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate by Soliudeen(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
I understand where the hater of Messi coming from, but I would love to tell you that he's the favourite due to the performance he put up in the league and likewise the e Copa America the most man of the match above all the player in top five league.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Austin Ejide Is Better Than Austin Enyeama ? / Art Of Tennis Sport 2.00 - 2.99 Odd Daily / Download Video: Arsenal Vs Tottenham 2-0 Here With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.