Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate (321 Views)

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by Strangebuttrue(m): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
I love Messi but I think Halland deserves the Balon d'or....Henry

Re: Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by Alchemy528: 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
Messi is the winner 🏆🏆 no doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by nepapole(m): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
They will give Messi but i think Haaland deserves it more
Re: Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by mayor1814: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
Henry is high. if Haaland is so wonderful why can't he motivate Norway to d world cup? Argentina was not even one of the top five teams at the beginning of the world cup yet Messi motivated an average team to world cup victory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by OJEEMAH(m): 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
To be honest, Henry’s point is valid but the award could go either way.

Haaland won premier league and also inspired Man City to win UCL.
He finished as UCL Top scorer & European Golden Boot winner

On the other hand, Messi won Ligue One and also inspired Argentina to win the World Cup.
He clinched World Cup Golden Ball Award.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by mayor1814: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
OJEEMAH:
To be honest, Henry’s point is valid but the award could go either way.

Haaland won premier league and also inspired Man City to win UCL.
He finished as UCL Top scorer & European Golden Boot winner

On the other hand, Messi won Ligue One and also inspired Argentina to win the World Cup.
He clinched World Cup Golden Ball Award.

I understand ur point. But let's look at individual brilliance and contribution on d field. E.g. where was Haaland at the ucl final match. No major impact in the match. Where was he when he faced a tougher arsenal side (comparison to d team he scored two against in their EPL first match) during community shield?

Whereas we all witnessed d contribution n individual brilliance of Messi in all major competition and major finals he participated in.

Another scenario, put messi in man city ucl winning squad and put haaland in Argentina squad and see whether he would be able to ginger and motivate d average Argentine team to world cup glory.
Re: Henry Bows...picks His Balon D'or Candidate by OJEEMAH(m): 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
mayor1814:

I understand ur point. But let's look at individual brilliance and contribution on d field. E.g. where was Haaland at the ucl final match. No major impact in the match. Where was he when he faced a tougher arsenal side (comparison to d team he scored two against in their EPL first match) during community shield?

Whereas we all witnessed d contribution n individual brilliance of Messi in all major competition and major finals he participated in.

Another scenario, put messi in man city ucl winning squad and put haaland in Argentina squad and see whether he would be able to ginger and motivate d average Argentine team to world cup glory.
Your points are valid just like you but if we go by what you have said, Messi & Ronaldo would not have won some of the Balon D’or they won. I am a die hard Messi fan too and I want him to win but to be sincere, both Messi & Haaland deserve to w considering their achievements.

(1) (Reply)

Tobi Amusan Defends Title In Budapest / Lionel Messi Reaches US Open Cup Final With Penalty Kicks / Popular WWE Wrestler, Bray Wyatt Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.