Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) (24350 Views)

Seven Killed, Two Injured In Motor Accident Along Minna-Suleja Highway (Graphic) / Accident On Nsukka-Obollo Road, Enugu: Five Dead, Two Injured / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by MrCover: 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
Update From . COM

One person was killed while two others sustained serious injuries in a gas explosion which occurred in the Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun State, Reports.

It was gathered by , that the explosion which happened around 8 a.m. on Monday, July 5, along Folagbade road involved a tricycle, three motorcycles and a Honda SUV.

According to an eyewitness who Notified , the explosion was caused by gas cylinder belonging to one of the passengers of the tricycle.

The rider of the tricycle conveying three occupants had parked by the road side when the owner of the cylinder discovered that the gas was leaking.

The tricycle was parked by a faulty vehicle said to be having a radiator problem. The bonnet of the faulty vehicle was said to have been opened while the heat emanating from it had contact with the gas.

The witness disclosed that the accident involved three people, adding that one of the victims was badly injured.

"The owner of the cylinder had just refilled it with gas and unknown to her, the cylinder was leaking. The rider of the tricycle parked by the road side for the woman to fix the leaking cylinder, but unfortunately, there was a car with radiator problem parked nearby," the witness told newsmen.

"The heat generated by the car triggered explosion,” he said. He added that the victims, who suffered third degree burn, were rushed to Ijebu-Ode General Hospital, but the hospital refused to treat them and they were taken to an unknown hospital."

The Public Relations Officer of the State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, who confirmed the accident, said the tricycle, three motorcycles and one Honda SUV were burnt.

He added that the occupants of the tricycle also had severe injuries and have been taken to the hospital for treatment.

See Graphic Photos As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by MadamVanessa(f): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
shocked

Get well soon dears!

To that one soul that died, rest in peace darling.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by ValCon888: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
Anytime I see , I instinctively know it's bad news. Either somebody was shot, stabbed, kidnapped or killed.
Bad news gives this guy an orgasm.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by adecz: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
Only flames or spark can
ignite gas, not just heat...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by ValCon888: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Instead of rushing the dude in the 2nd pic, they're busy taking pictures. The guy suffering from third degree burns is sitting up hooked to an IV.

This country is one of the worst places in the world to have a fatal misfortune. Just pray that you go out for your hustle and come back in one piece.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by delzbaba(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2021
What kind of useless hospital would refuse to treat burn victims?

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by slawormiir: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Why always gas and tanker explosion in lagos and ogun
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
It is well
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Gamer999: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
H
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by fidel2(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
Damn......too bad rip to the dead.
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by rawtouch: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
quick recovery to the injured, rip to the dead, sorry for the loss of keke & honda element
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by ainas247: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
embarassed
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Jesuyinka01(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ohh damn. Get heal in Jesus name.

I pray to God I should never have any experience of accident

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
What a sad story.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by UniqueO(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
shocked

Quick recovery
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Julianaa: 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
Every time, gas Explosion

Its becoming so rampant
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Alvelt14(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
Only God protect us, we can never be too safe. RIP to the deceased and quick recovery to the injured

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by iHart(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
The gas cylinders of these days, any small thing the head will begin to leak. I have changed the head of my cylinder three times since last year. I can't remember my dad changing the head of our old cylinder. It seems old products were built to last longer.

RIP to the dead. Quick recovery to the injured...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by nautybride: 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Holy ghost fire! Have mercy Jehovah!
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by money121(m): 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
R.ip
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by BscuetJob: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
shocked
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Cjplora: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
shocked
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Ordinarybob: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Rip to the dead
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by MrJames007: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nawaoo
Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by airsaylongcome: 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
adecz:

Only flames or spark can
ignite gas, not just heat...

I was already questioning my intelligence o. Cos for a fire to start all three of the "triple threat" must be present: Oxygen, Fuel, and ignition. First two where present but not third so I no understand how over heating radiator fit trigger spark

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) by oloyedewaris(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
ValCon888:
Instead of rushing the dude in the 2nd pic, they're busy taking pictures. The guy suffering from third degree burns is sitting up hooked to an IV.

This country is one of the worst places in the world to have a fatal misfortune. Just pray that you go out for your hustle and come back in one piece.
And Na your type go dey say u need pics to believe the incident

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? / Fake Woman Bosoms Serve As Concealment Method For Drug Trafficking / Terrible Accident In Delta,People Burnt 2 Death Beyond Recognition(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.