Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP (1073 Views)

Profiles Of Technocrats Jostling To Govern Anambra State (Photos) / 9th NASS: Jostling For Other Principal Offices Intensifies Read More At: Https: / PDP Presidential Primary: Tambuwal’s Camp Speaks On Contesting Result In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has opened up on why he would not contest the 2023 presidency.

El-Rufai said he would not contest due to his age.

Speaking with BBC in Kaduna over the weekend, the governor said he cannot rule Nigeria at 62 because he is too old.

He said Nigerians now see him in a bad light due to speculations that he would contest for the presidency.

There has been speculation that El-Rufai was jostling for the presidency or the position of the Vice President in 2023.

Dismissing the speculations, El-Rufai said ruling Nigeria would have effects on him due to his age.

The governor noted that being the president of Nigeria was a very serious job he can not undertake with his age.

According to El-Rufai: “Governing Nigeria is a serious job, which is obviously too much for a 62-year-old man. Look at me, look at my grey hair.

“If you see my picture when I was sworn in, my hair was very black but look at how it has become. This is a very difficult job and that is just state governor, one state out of 36.

“Presidency of Nigeria is a very serious job, it is too much for a 62-year-old.

“I have been suffering this presidential ambition suspicion since 2006, I have suffered it for 15 years today, and I am sick and tired of it.

“There are people that are out to paint me in a particular picture so that I will be out of the presidential race, but they don’t know that I am not in any race anywhere,” El-Rufai said.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/05/2023-el-rufai-opens-up-on-contesting-for-presidency-jostling-for-vp/

Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Illuminatiship(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ok
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by yorubarere: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Speaking with BBC in Kaduna over the weekend, the governor said he cannot rule Nigeria at 62 because he is too old.

He said Nigerians now see him in a bad light due to speculations that he would contest for the presidency.

El rufai is only scared cos of his shadows. The bad PR he has bin suffering is another thing. You can't keep making unguided statements and not expect repercussions. Plus, Buhari govt have ruined so many Fulani men chances in Nigeria. People now see them as power hungry and cow loving people who will rather kill all Nigerians to have their cows feed.

El rufai knows he is a bad market, therefore he is using reverse psychology to test the waters and make people see him as a saint that he is not.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
Elrufai is a badluck to this country.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Mokason288(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ladiesdoctor:
Elrufai is a badluck to this country.
I’m sure you didn’t read

Before typing jargons
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by yorubarere: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
Mokason288:

I’m sure you didn’t read

Before typing jargons
Is he not a bad luck to southern Kaduna? Are southern Kaduna people no longer Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
yorubarere:

El rufai is only scared cos of his shadows. The bad PR he has bin suffering is another thing. You can't keep making unguided statements and not expect repercussions. Plus, Buhari govt have ruined so many Fulani men chances in Nigeria. People now see them as power hungry and cow loving people who will rather kill all Nigerians to have their cows feed.

El rufai knows he is a bad market, therefore he is using reverse psychology to test the waters and make people see him as a saint that he is not.
El Rufai never said he would contest, it was just speculation spread by his supporters.
Fulani are the strongest Nigerians; do u know how PMB was painted in a very bad picture because of his over a decade Presidential ambition? He finally won, El Rufai can be reshaped, remodelled and sold to u in the future by Northern oligarch and u will be left with no choice. Average Nigerian voter still don't understand that few delegates choose who pick party ticket.
Ethnic profiling of not upto 2% of Fulani (herders) is a very stupid thing.
Despite the southern Governors resolution, a Northern Fulani, either Tambuwal or Atiku will definitely pick PDP ticket and I'm upbeat that North will field Tinubu in APC and you'll be left with no choice.
You can have degrees and many academic qualifications but politics is a different game, isn't a game played on social media neither out of ethno-religious emotional hatred. Those who decide who win irrespective of party are very few and u will be left with difficult decision!
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Gondonu: 12:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Indiscriminate demolitions of real and imaginary enemies properties, Paying bandits to stop SK killings, Body bags of 2019 foreign election observers and the recent bandits are doing business among many.El Rufai really knows the odds are stucked up against him.
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 07, 2021
God forbid bad tin, he can only win anything political in Kaduna
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by OBUKSBAYELSA: 1:07am On Jul 07, 2021
He won't be considered.
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by limeta(f): 1:09am On Jul 07, 2021
Coronabirus:
El Rufai never said he would contest, it was just speculation spread by his supporters.
Fulani are the strongest Nigerians; do u know how PMB was painted in a very bad picture because of his over a decade Presidential ambition? He finally won, El Rufai can be reshaped, remodelled and sold to u in the future by Northern oligarch and u will be left with no choice. Average Nigerian voter still don't understand that few delegates choose who pick party ticket.
Ethnic profiling of not upto 2% of Fulani (herders) is a very stupid thing.
Despite the southern Governors resolution, a Northern Fulani, either Tambuwal or Atiku will definitely pick PDP ticket and I'm upbeat that North will field Tinubu in APC and you'll be left with no choice.
You can have degrees and many academic qualifications but politics is a different game, isn't a game played on social media neither out of ethno-religious emotional hatred. Those who decide who win irrespective of party are very few and u will be left with difficult decision!

I guess it will hit you really bad when fulanis can only contest elections in Northern nigeria islamic country

El rufai,Atiku or tambuwal will be needing a visa to southern Nigeria either biafra or oduduwa .
play time is almost done.
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:38am On Jul 07, 2021
Mokason288:

I’m sure you didn’t read

Before typing jargons

I'm sure you are one of his E-bulldog for stipends.
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by OKPANAMboy: 7:30am On Jul 07, 2021
VO kee you there.

Jihadist.
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
limeta:

I guess it will hit you really bad when fulanis can only contest elections in Northern nigeria islamic country

El rufai,Atiku or tambuwal will be needing a visa to southern Nigeria either biafra or oduduwa .
play time is almost done.
I dislike discussing concrete, reasonable issues with people who live in delusion!
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by limeta(f): 5:28am On Jul 08, 2021
Coronabirus:
I dislike discussing concrete, reasonable issues with people who live in delusion!

There is nothing concrete, reasonable about aboki man or woman .
Fall flat set of people .
Quota system
imo 67 aboki 2
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by tony0806: 5:46am On Jul 08, 2021
Better
Re: 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
limeta:

There is nothing concrete, reasonable about aboki man or woman .
Fall flat set of people .
Quota system
imo 67 aboki 2
With all this jabbing u will forever asslick the people u mock!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'll Fight For Tinubu To Be President, Says Kano Guber Aspirant / 2023 Election: Tinubu Presidential Ambition Stumbling Block For Igbo Presidency? / #anambradecides: INEC Extends Voting Till Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.