Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

The Last Temptation Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Last Temptation Of Jesus (657 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
Matthew 4:8-11
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2021
Luke 4:5-8
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

1 Like

Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
Mark 1:13
And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

The completing of a period number of forty (days, years) symbolizes completion of tribulation or suffering.

The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 40
...the number 40 generally symbolizes a period of testing, trial or probation. During Moses' life he lived forty years in Egypt and forty years in the desert before God selected him to lead his people out of slavery.
https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/40.html

Jesus was living in the midst of with wild beasts during this 40-day period, it is not literal 40days but a period of time when he had to grow in the knowledge of the LORD, and learn to trust in the LORD.

The wild beast are not literal beasts, but people who do not have the law of God inside them. Any one without the knowledge of God is a beast. Jesus had to live in the midst of wild beasts in his forty day tribulation enduring all kinds of temptation, but he overcame them all by the power of God

1 Like

Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2021
Psalms 22:19-21
But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalms 35:17
Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2021
Our example of mighty men of faith who subdued mighty kingdoms through faith in God include Shedrach, Meshach, and Abednego (better Ananiah, Mishael, and Azariah)

In the end, after the trial of their faith, they were greatly promoted, because they trusted in the God, the Almighty God, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Daniel 3:14-30
14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.
28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.

Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daniel 3:29-30
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.

The great Nebu, King of Babylon, acknowledged the Most High God when he saw his mighty salvation in the lives of Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego. He promoted them as a result of their unwavering faith in the LORD their God.

Angels came to minister to the King of Angels when Jesus overcame Satan and his temptations
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
Revelation 14:9-12
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by AntiChristian: 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
MrPresident1:
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

So you mean Satan was carrying Jesus about tempting him?

Even Angels ministered to Jesus.

But which mountain will one see all kingdoms of the world?
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
AntiChristian:

So you mean Satan was carrying Jesus about tempting him?

After Jesus was baptized at River Jordan and was acclaimed as the Son of God, it was the Spirit of God that led him to the wilderness.

The reason is that Jesus after being anointed had to grow in the knowledge and might and power of the LORD. The time period of 40days is symbolic just as I explained earlier. The completing of a period number of forty (days, years) symbolizes completion of tribulation or suffering.

The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 40
...the number 40 generally symbolizes a period of testing, trial or probation. During Moses' life he lived forty years in Egypt and forty years in the desert before God selected him to lead his people out of slavery.
https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/40.html

Jesus had to prove over a period of time that he had mastered his baser self which is what Satan always appeals to. Jesus had to prove that he will do only what pleases the LORD in all circumstances. He did this successfully. He put Satan to his heels; the devil fled from him.

AntiChristian:
Even Angels ministered to Jesus.

Yes! The angels came to minister to their King. They came to support and exalt him. The Mighty All-Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah. The Son of God.

AntiChristian:

But which mountain will one see all kingdoms of the world?

One utterly fake and utterly blasphemous mountain like that jare . But this is what the LORD says will happen at the time of the end, the real mountain of the LORD will be established

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

In the last days, when the wicked have been destroyed and the earth is at peace, the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established on the top of the mountains and it shall be exalted above all hills; and all the nations of the earth shall flow into it because that is Zion, the city where the LORD dwells

Isaiah 2:3-4
And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Micah 4:1-3

But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
Deuteronomy 31:7
And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the Lord hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
1 John 5:21
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 12:02am On Feb 04, 2022
Matthew 4:7-11
King James Version
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Mountains in the Bible represent nations and their ruling Ideology Micah 4:2. For example, America is the biggest mountain in the world today, and it is the ideology of mountain America that rules the world. Everyone wants to do like or copy the Americans

Jesus will be taken up into a mountain, a very big mountain, where he will see all the riches and beauty and glory of the world, satan will promise to give him everything if he just bows down and worship him. Satan wan give Jesus big work hahahaha

Satan, literally, will ask Jesus to commit suicide because by asking Jesus to bow down and worship him, Satan is asking Jesus Christ to commit suicide as death is the punishment for idolatry (Genesis 2:27). Satan is offering Jesus concentrated quick action deadly poison coated with a veneer of sugar.

Glory to THE ALMIGHTY GOD forever, Jesus tells Satan to get lost!

Afterwards, angels come to minister to the king of angels

Mark 8:35-37
King James Version
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Psalm 18:1-2 (King James Version)
I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:34am On Feb 05, 2022
Psalm 33:4-5 (King James Version)
For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2022
Psalm 33:18-22
King James Version

18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord: he is our help and our shield.

21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

22 Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2022
Mark 8:36 (King James Version)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 7:56am On Nov 28, 2022
Psalm 17:7-9 KJV
Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them. [8] Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings, [9] From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 7:36am On Nov 29, 2022
MrPresident1:
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:57am On Dec 26, 2022
MrPresident1:
Luke 4:5-8
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Revelation 17:18 KJV
And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
Mark 8:35-37
King James Version
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

The blessedness of what is written. Glorious promises that must be fulfilled

Glory to our God forever and ever and ever and forever
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2022
The whôre
Revelation 17:18 KJV
And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Takes Jesus up a great mountain
Matthew 4:8-9KJV
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; [9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Jesus rejects the offer [to kill himself]
Matthew 4:10-11 KJV
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. [11] Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Jesus rejects idolatry
Matthew 16:26 KJV
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Judgment for the whôre
Isaiah 13:19 KJV
And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2023
MrPresident1:
Daniel 3:16-18 KJV
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed–nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. [17] If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. [18] But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Great Faith that moved mountains in the time past
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mark 8:36-37 KJV
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? [37] Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
Matthew 4:10-11 KJV
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. [11] Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

The whole of creation all became subject to him; angels came and ministered unto him
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Matthew 4:11 KJV
Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Jesus overcame the devil by the word of the LORD. The LORD gave him strength to overcome the temptations of the devil. Imagine, the devil took him up into a great mountain and showed all the kingdoms of the world and the glories of them, it must have been a really tall and huge mountain, and he must have really taken him to the topmost top to enable Jesus to see all the kingdoms of the world and their glories, but in the name of the Almighty God, the creator of the heavens and the earth and all things there in, Jesus Christ overcame the devil and his temptation

Matthew 16:26 KJV
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

And when he overcame, angels came to minister unto him; he acquired great spiritual powers
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 11:55am On Apr 08, 2023
wink
Re: The Last Temptation Of Jesus by MrPresident1: 11:55am On Apr 08, 2023
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: I Saw Adeboye, Oyedepo, Paul Eneche, Oyakhilome, Others In Hell- Preacher / John 14:12 "And Greater Works Than These Shall He Do": But No One Has! / Bishop Abioye Welcomes First Grand Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.