Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? (30200 Views)

Confused Graduate: What Skills Can I Learn With Android Phone To Start Earning? / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? / Things To Do Before Going For An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by devigblegble: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2021
Can’t really say shi,t just good luck and flow with the rhythm, avoid illegal activity peace out

2 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by abordmay(m): 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hair dressing or tailoring
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Guide777(m): 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2021
cooking....house keeping and being able to manage and keep a man from straying....it has been and always be the greatest skills of alfa females.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by lasrondo: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hair dressing and dress making
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Karleb(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2021
Start learning HTML and CSS, then add Javascript to it. Or you can learn Figma.

Just learn anything IT related. Even if you don't like it.

IT jobs in developed countries are just too much. Way too much.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by DropsMic(m): 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
tuna85:
Hi Everyone, trust our days have been great?

I wish to relocate to one of the developed Countries and would love to acquire one or two skills before leaving to enable me survive asides schooling. I am a lady and would love your advice especially from experienced nairalanders.

Thanks a lot.

hair styling
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by mastermind1759(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Go for the skill u love to do even at d worst provocation..
Hairdressing (especially didi) n tailoring is OK..
Money dey dere.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by aikyg(m): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Getting married and staying married to raise a stable family is an achievement. There is a whole multi billion dollar marriage counselling and hookup industry built around marriage as an achievement. Nigerians are not the only one. It's like that all over the world. Yes, marriage is an achievement.
sigiyaya112:
Why do Nigerians think that getting married is an achievement

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by flokii: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hairdressing.. if you can learn barbing too, it's a plus.

If you're the type that work or school from mon - fri, you'll have weekends for your hair styling business and earn extra income to support your family. It's very profitable abroad.

2 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by bass7: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
sigiyaya112:

The thing tire me ooo.... Black man sha
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Youngwiz71(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
communication skills
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Learnaskill1: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
Web Design, graphics

I will Design a professional website for you
Teach you how to use it in 7 days
Check my signature
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by dingbang(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
Tattoo imprints, nail designs, shoe making, interior decor.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Charx122: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
jaytii:
Hairstyling

Culinary skills(African dishes will sell like hot cake if you're really good)

Baking

Nursing school abroad (fastest way to really settle down abroad for females)

Correct!!
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
tuna85:
Hi Everyone, trust our days have been great?

I wish to relocate to one of the developed Countries and would love to acquire one or two skills before leaving to enable me survive asides schooling. I am a lady and would love your advice especially from experienced nairalanders.

Thanks a lot.

Coding. Female doesn’t matter. Coding and IT related skills is where it’s at.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by johndho(m): 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
Na nursing sure pass now ooo. Make you come be Joe biden family doctor/nurse. Your own don be ooo.
Na no forget me you go just dey ear
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Goldenheart(m): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
Data analysis.... wink

Thank me later grin

5 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Hathor5(f): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
It depends on the country you want to relocate to.

If it isn't an English-speaking country, learn the language.

In many developed countries students earn extra money by working in restaurants, call centers, car rental companies, shops, petrol stations, as private teachers (whichever subject you are good at), office assistants (computer skills might be helpful), nannies etc.

You do not really need to develop any skills to do most of these jobs as long as you have a friendly nature and presentable appearance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Hathor5(f): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
sigiyaya112:

Narrow-mindedness.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by siloty: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hairstyles
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by TUba69(m): 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2021
Your best bet would be to learn how to make hair. The full work.
As a student it'll come in very handy, cos be working with ur schedule as opposed to working for someone.

I know a nanny who's oga was relocating to the abroad and they took her along, fortunately for her the ogas kids were going to college abroad at the same time so she had less work to do. In her spare time she started making hair for her ogas pals & she also got more clients from them.
In less than two years, she built a house back home. True story.

9 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by hkidola00(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
Naijaguy12345:
1 Hair stylist should be helpful. You could earn minimum ($250) (€200) weekly without paying taxes .

2. On a high class lever learn about/ background in childcare. You could earn up to $1200 or €1000 every month looking after 2 to 3 kids on the side or helping with school runs That’s if you live in big cities . Also if you don’t know how to drive, learn it before you leave Nigerian and get both your Nigeria and international license, it makes live easier .

3. Get some training in Nigeria about cleaning. Proper training from a reputable company. You could earn money cleaning homes on the side. You go to busy families once or twice a week, spend average 2–4 hours and you get 40–50 bucks . Multiply by 4–5 families that’s getting close to 200 weekly.
there are salons that make up to that 250 dollar in three days in nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uba Or Access Bank? / [UPDATED.] Implementation Officers Required By International Development Agency / Ahmed Zakari & Co (chartered Accountants) Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.