Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) (1631 Views)

Bbnaija Mercy Eke Glows In News Photos As She Steps Out In Chanel / Speed Darlington Hints Arrest After He Called Out Lady Who Didn't Have Sex With / Boluwatife Balogun, Wizkid's First Son Swagged Up In News Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Minutes before midnight on Wednesday, Jacob Zuma’s foundation announced: ‘Dear South Africans and the World. Please be advised that President Zuma has decided to comply with the incarceration order.’

Jacob Zuma’s motorcade sped out of his Nkandla homestead at about 11.20pm on Wednesday, as he ostensibly rushed to hand himself over to the Correctional Services in order to avoid arrest.

It is understood that the president being transported by his state-sponsored VIP protection was agreed upon by police leadership at a provincial and national level.

He was given until Sunday to hand himself over, failing which the minister of police and the national commissioner of police were ordered to ensure his arrest by midnight on Wednesday.

Here are the crucial moments since Zuma's sentencing last week Tuesday, when he was found guilty for contempt of court for repeatedly failing to testify at a commission looking at grand corruption during his years as the president of South Africa.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:34am On Jul 08, 2021
Defiant Zuma supporters form a human shield outside his rural home in Nkandla

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:43am On Jul 08, 2021
Police Minister Bheki Cele adamant he will arrest Zuma at midnight on Wednesday if he fails to hand himself in - after he missed initial Sunday deadline.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by EmptyGarden(m): 4:45am On Jul 08, 2021
My Africa My Africa... Who do us?
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by majamajic(m): 4:46am On Jul 08, 2021
Why do people fail to hand themselves over to police ?
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by tillaman(m): 4:49am On Jul 08, 2021
Hmmm I thought ex African presidents usually have this immunity, most of them seem untouchable

2 Likes

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:51am On Jul 08, 2021
Last minute attempts to get Zuma to surrender instead of being forcefully arrested.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:57am On Jul 08, 2021
As midnight deadline approaches Jacob Zuma's son remains defiant and opposes arrest, but the former president's foundation announces he has decided to surrender.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by sweetshisha: 5:01am On Jul 08, 2021
grin

Funny man, don't know why I like him

Abeg free the old nigga , no be only corrupt and chop money

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:09am On Jul 08, 2021
A few hours before his midnight deadline Zuma heads off in a VIP convoy to hand himself in at the local police station.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:19am On Jul 08, 2021
From the local Nkandla police station Zuma is transported to Escourt Correctional Services facility two hours away from his home in KwaZulu-Natal.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by rookidmart: 5:36am On Jul 08, 2021
Africans are something else.

This is someone that robbed your nation blind, and you didn't get anything from it, yet you're willing to lay down your life to defend him.

Pathetic

4 Likes

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:02am On Jul 08, 2021
rookidmart:
Africans are something else.

This is someone that robbed your nation blind, and you didn't get anything from it, yet you're powilling to lay down your life to defend him.

Pathetic

I agree with u. But it's an illiteracy and sense of marginalisation thing, not necessarily an African issue. Many are willing to die for Trump in the US or Eastern Europe - and they all have a similar profile as Zuma supporters (culture wars).

1 Like

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2021
Zuma family says he surrendered to avoid bloodshed at his gate.

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by donbachi(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2021
How i wish GOD will give Nigeria a true leader come 2023..the entire presidency need to wrath in jail.if not for anything.atleast for the unaccounted gross borrowings from china.
And all those invloved in lekki toll-gate massacre.

1 Like

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by rookidmart: 6:53am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

I agree with u. But it's an illiteracy and sense of marginalisation thing, not necessarily an African issue. Many are willing to die for Trump in the US or Eastern Europe - and they all have a similar profile as Zuma supporters (culture wars).

Trump's issue is tribal/racist (an "us vs them" issue)

It's obviously clear they're supporting him because of race, and because for some reason they feel marginalised.
They feel their country is being"taken over" by foreigners etc, so at least their justification is understandable.

Africa's own is different: it's just stupidity.
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2021
rookidmart:

Trump's issue is tribal/racist (an "us vs them" issue)

It's obviously clear they're supporting him because of race, and because for some reason they feel marginalised.
They feel their country is being"taken over" by foreigners etc, so at least their justification is understandable.

Africa's own is different: it's just stupidity.

Not really. Trump's supporters also defend his corrupt practices like Russia elections meddling, his dodgy business dealings (refusing to release tax records), the treasonous actions of mobbing Capitol Hill or right wing groups that attacked Black Lives Matter protesters. They're fighting their own system. How is that different from Zuma (African) supporters?

South Africans also feel their country is being overrun by foreigners, you condemn that type of xenophobia but say Trump supporters are justified just because they're white? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by rookidmart: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

Not really. Trump's supporters also defend his corrupt practices like Russia elections meddling, his dodgy business dealings (refusing to release tax records), the treasonous actions of mobbing Capitol Hill or right wing groups that attacked Black Lives Matter protesters. They're fighting their own system. How is that different from Zuma (African) supporters?
All those things actually play into the reason I mentioned: racism etc.
Like I said before it's an "us vs them" thing.
The "other people" are the enemy, so in their minds it's justifiable.
There's no "other" in play in Africa, especially in Nigeria.
The same thing happens here also, which is why I said "Africa"

South Africans also feel their country is being overrun by foreigners, you condemn that type of xenophobia but say Trump supporters are justified just because they're white? undecided undecided
I don't think Zuma was ever xenophobic (I don't follow politics, so no idea if this is true or not), but even if he was, that's not the reason why they're defending him, is it?

Or are they defending him from the white "colonisers"?
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by TMKsouth: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2021
rookidmart:

All those things actually play into the reason I mentioned: racism etc.
Like I said before it's an "us vs them" thing.
The "other people" are the enemy, so in their minds it's justifiable.
There's no "other" in play in Africa, especially in Nigeria.
The same thing happens here also, which is why I said "Africa"

I don't think Zuma was ever xenophobic (I don't follow politics, so no idea if this is true or not), but even if he was, that's not the reason why they're defending him, is it?

Or are they defending him from the white "colonisers"?

Russian meddling and Trump corruption have nothing to do with racism. It's white Americans battling each other and the illiterate ones defending Trump to the death. Why else would they keep defending his treasonous actions days before he left office and are still calling for the assassination of leading white democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

My point is that this happens all over the world. Stop saying it's an African thing, it's self defeating.

As for xenophobia, Zuma is actually the most xenophobic of all the black SA presidents. Cyril Ramaphosa is actually very pro-African. But that's a discussion for another day.

1 Like

Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:
[s]Minutes before midnight on Wednesday, Jacob Zuma’s foundation announced: ‘Dear South Africans and the World. Please be advised that President Zuma has decided to comply with the incarceration order.’

Jacob Zuma’s motorcade sped out of his Nkandla homestead at about 11.20pm on Wednesday, as he ostensibly rushed to hand himself over to the Correctional Services in order to avoid arrest.

It is understood that the president being transported by his state-sponsored VIP protection was agreed upon by police leadership at a provincial and national level.

He was given until Sunday to hand himself over, failing which the minister of police and the national commissioner of police were ordered to ensure his arrest by midnight on Wednesday.

Here are the crucial moments since Zuma's sentencing last week Tuesday, when he was found guilty for contempt of court for repeatedly failing to testify at a commission looking at grand corruption during his years as the president of South Africa.[/s]
No xenophobic coons are allowed here
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]Not really. Trump's supporters also defend his corrupt practices like Russia elections meddling, his dodgy business dealings (refusing to release tax records), the treasonous actions of mobbing Capitol Hill or right wing groups that attacked Black Lives Matter protesters. They're fighting their own system. How is that different from Zuma (African) supporters?

South Africans also feel their country is being overrun by foreigners, you condemn that type of xenophobia but say Trump supporters are justified just because they're white? undecided undecided [/s]
No xenophobic coons are allowed here
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:
[s]Zuma family says he surrendered to avoid bloodshed at his gate.[/s]
No xenophobic shitfricans are allowed to create a thread here
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:31am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]Not really. Trump's supporters also defend his corrupt practices like Russia elections meddling, his dodgy business dealings (refusing to release tax records), the treasonous actions of mobbing Capitol Hill or right wing groups that attacked Black Lives Matter protesters. They're fighting their own system. How is that different from Zuma (African) supporters?

South Africans also feel their country is being overrun by foreigners, you condemn that type of xenophobia but say Trump supporters are justified just because they're white? undecided undecided [/s]
No NIGERIAN haters are allowed here, take the exit door grin
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2021
cheesycheesycheesy
angry angry angry
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Da da da
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:34am On Jul 08, 2021
There's no place for xenophobics here.........
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]Russian meddling and Trump corruption have nothing to do with racism. It's white Americans battling each other and the illiterate ones defending Trump to the death. Why else would they keep defending his treasonous actions days before he left office and are still calling for the assassination of leading white democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

My point is that this happens all over the world. Stop saying it's an African thing, it's self defeating.

As for xenophobia, Zuma is actually the most xenophobic of all the black SA presidents. Cyril Ramaphosa is actually very pro-African. But that's a discussion for another day.[/s]
Majority of shitfricans are xenophobics
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2021
Yebo madiba aka TMK GAY... ... ...
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2021
grin grin
Re: Jacob Zuma's Midnight Arrest After 3 Days Of Defiance (IN NEWS PICS) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:37am On Jul 08, 2021
Go and create your randland cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tems Struggles As Wizkid Gropes Her On Stage While Performing At 02 / Actress, Nse Ikpe-etim Celebrates 9th Wedding Anniversary With Husband, Clifford / Glory Weds Uchechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.