Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog (1337 Views)

How Can I Get Rid Of Ticks From My Dog / Best Chemical For Dogs Ticks Infestation / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by eenai(m): 4:59am On Jul 08, 2021
Hello great People, my dog's body has been over taken by ticks. I have visited the very doctor several times and spent good all to no avail. Please experienced pet owner what do you suggest I do. The dog is a 3years old rot. This is the first time this is happening. I treat after 2days they will back. I fumigated his house still no respite. Please help. Thank you All.
Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by harmargedon: 6:38am On Jul 08, 2021
Get a tick remover spray. It will eradicate them before the end of the week.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:57am On Jul 08, 2021
eenai:
Hello great People, my dog's body has been over taken by ticks. I have visited the very doctor several times and spent good all to no avail. Please experienced pet owner what do you suggest I do. The dog is a 3years old rot. This is the first time this is happening. I treat after 2days they will back. I fumigated his house still no respite. Please help. Thank you All.
I've had this same situation a few times before and these are the things I did that worked.

Get a tick spray, endeavor to get the original one (it's expensive but don't mind the price)

Go to the dog house, spray it will unmixed DDFORCE but don't return the dog back to the cage that same day, wait for the smell and the wetness to dry up.

Hand pick all big ticks from the body of the dog and kill them cuz the tick spray may not be powerful enough to kill the mature ones...

Now spray the entire body of the dog with the tick spray. Make sure it gets under the hair if the dog is hairy (the dog may struggle with you cuz for some reasons, they hate that tick spray but hold him down and do the job. If he's a big dog, have someone help you to hold him down.)

After spraying the entire body, keep him steady so he doesn't shake off the scent and liquid.

Finally give your dog some antibiotics cuz ticks are notorious for transferring diseases.

EXTRA: If possible, change the position where the dog house is placed. It's possible that it's close to a dirty area of the house or under the cage is dirty with dog poo and pee smell.

If you do all that, you can say goodbye to tick for a while but repeat the process constantly when you're less busy and your dog won't have any problem with tick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by eenai(m): 4:07am On Jul 09, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I've had this same situation a few times before and these are the things I did that worked.

Get a tick spray, endeavor to get the original one (it's expensive but don't mind the price)

Go to the dog house, spray it will unmixed DDFORCE but don't return the dog back to the cage that same day, wait for the smell and the wetness to dry up.

Hand pick all big ticks from the body of the dog and kill them cuz the tick spray may not be powerful enough to kill the mature ones...

Now spray the entire body of the dog with the tick spray. Make sure it gets under the hair if the dog is hairy (the dog may struggle with you cuz for some reasons, they hate that tick spray but hold him down and do the job. If he's a big dog, have someone help you to hold him down.)

After spraying the entire body, keep him steady so he doesn't shake off the scent and liquid.

Finally give your dog some antibiotics cuz ticks are notorious for transferring diseases.

EXTRA: If possible, change the position where the dog house is placed. It's possible that it's close to a dirty area of the house or under the cage is dirty with dog poo and pee smell.

If you do all that, you can say goodbye to tick for a while but repeat the process constantly when you're less busy and your dog won't have any problem with tick.
Thank you very much. I will put this to practice.
Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by olamirewaju6190: 6:24am On Jul 09, 2021
Buy lime and orange, cut it into piece and soak in a water, for 1hour, bath Ur dog with it and keep some inside a spraying bottle. Spray inside of the dog's ear and between the paws. Watch how this ticks avoid Ur dog and the sturrbon ones dropping off to their death! It really works. You could wet the cage with the solution as well, do this every two weeks. You wouod never c them again

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by Haroldjunior: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2021
Get Bravecto pet chews for him. It’s just one tablet... it works like magic. It can keep ticks and fleas away from your dog for as long as 12 weeks. But it’s expensive though, but it’s worth it. Last time I got it for 11k, they sell according to the weight of the dog... the one for your male rott should be around 15k. Look it up, or ask your vet about it. You would also need to this this situation with real caution, as pet owners have lost a lot of dogs due to poisoning as a result of trying to treat ticks with different chemicals. Talk to a proper vet o, not these quacks everywhere these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by 679akinrinnola: 2:08am On Jul 11, 2021
okay
Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by Taystee: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2021
eenai:

Get amitraz-20 from the pet store, use it to spray your dog kennel and the environment you don't use it raw mix it with water,then you use the amitraz-20 to bath your dog,mix the amitraz-20 with 50 litres of water using the cover of the chemical at least 2 don't use more than 2 of that cover,to avoid story that touches the heart, and please don't use if you know that ur dog has openings (injury) because amitraz-20 absorbs topical, pls don't use it raw just follow my instructions. To avoid wasting the chemical get a large bucket you will place your dog in it and bath it with the chemical you've mixed with the amitraz-20, you will keep re-using it until the whole body of your dog is wet, don't towel dry, leave it to get dry on your dog's body, repeat after 14days and ensure you use muzzle until your dog's wet body dries up that's when you should remove the muzzle.
Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by Taystee: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2021
Haroldjunior:
Get Bravecto pet chews for him. It’s just one tablet... it works like magic. It can keep ticks and fleas away from your dog for as long as 12 weeks. But it’s expensive though, but it’s worth it. Last time I got it for 11k, they sell according to the weight of the dog... the one for your male rott should be around 15k. Look it up, or ask your vet about it. You would also need to this this situation with real caution, as pet owners have lost a lot of dogs due to poisoning as a result of trying to treat ticks with different chemicals. Talk to a proper vet o, not these quacks everywhere these days.

The main issue is not just getting rid of the ticks on the dog's body,the environment and kennel in which those ticks may have lay their eggs on should also be taken care of,those ticks they can lay thousands of eggs,they can be so irritating when you open your dog's ear and find many of them there....
Re: How Do I Eliminate Ticks From My Dog by juceey: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
Call me on 09058965168 for Special Tick Mixture.

Results are almost instant.

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert Your Dog To A Police Detective (Reader's Discretion) / . / Neapolitan Pups For Sale(4females,1male)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.