Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Nigerian Political Class, An Essembly Of Hardened Rogues. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Political Class, An Essembly Of Hardened Rogues. (176 Views)

How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano / Bashir Magashi: "Some #EndSARS Protesters Are Rogues And Thieves" / How Nigerian Political ‘godfathers’ Were Humbled In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Political Class, An Essembly Of Hardened Rogues. by referendum01(m): 9:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Sometime ago, a close friend queried me on why I don't believe in the present crop of Nigerian leaders. I then asked why he believed in them? He looked at me, smiled and went bizzare in his countenance like a confused soul. It was very clear he had thought he believed in them but reality done on him eventually and he observed that not only did he not believe in them but they have done actually nothing to attract anyones confidence.

The crop of Nigerian politicians especially the ones of this generation are nothing but bunch of thieves, opportunists and hardened criminal. No wonder there are no innovations, no noticeable developments, we are only going in a circle as a nation. The little development you see around you, fact check, they are little efforts from the citizens.

But of course what do you expect from criminals and clueless set of leaders. Do you know that there is hardly any Nigerian politician that does not have a criminal related case hanging on his or her neck in one Nigerian court or the other? Anyone without any court case only succeeded in bribing his way that is why such a person may seem free from criminal case especially to the public knowledge.

What do you expect from politicians who sponsor crimes, they are fraudsters themselves, belong to all manner of cults, and can do anything for power, position and fame.

But like i have opined severally in my previous pieces, I do not blame them. I blame the Nigerian electorate. Our electorate sell their vote on religious and ethnic lines. Many sell their votes for porridge of yam and they defile themselves. Promise them a cup of rice or 5k brown envelop and they will sell their birth right.

No wonder the so called politicians try as much as they can to keep the people in poverty while denying them quality education. The two basic weapon of subjugation and enslavement is hunger and illiteracy and these are the tools these bunch of criminals in our corridor of power ave succeeded in using over the years.

Today, many Nigerians are speaking and castigating the maniquine in Abuja. But the question is did you or did you not vote him? If you did, on what conviction did you vote him? That he will be the messiah I guess. That he will be better than only God knows.

Honestly, Nigerians deserve what they get sometimes and I have no regret for saying that. In 21st century Nigerians are being deceived with electoral promises such as 'I will build flyover, give you bolewhole, free food and what have you'. The most annoying of all this is that even the very educated Nigerians are equally decieved in these lies and propaganda.

But then of course, religion and ethnicity must be watch carefully if we must get it right going forward. Again, we must go above party affiliations and emotional sentiment. Rather, fact check the track records of those aspiring and canvassing for our votes. We must pay attention to debates to understand their level of intelligence, understanding of complex issues in a society like ours as well as their vision for the country.

As citizens there is nothing wrong in putting forward our manifestoes to the politicians and say we demand so so and so else no vote for such candidate. The manifestoe can be legally binded so no party defaults.

Until then, our political class are indeed rogues and hardened criminals and the voters even worst than the politicians.
Re: Nigerian Political Class, An Essembly Of Hardened Rogues. by FakeUnity: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2021
Hardened criminals that should all be taken hostage, lined up and shot.

(1) (Reply)

Starvation In Egbema Warri Kingdom / According To The International Human Rights Commission, Nnamdi Kanu's Human Righ / Lagos Assembly Backs Southern Governors On Rotational Presidency, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.