Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano (36024 Views)

The Story Of How 50 Kobo Caused Nationwide Protest In Nigeria In The Year 1978 / How 50 Kobo Caused Nigeria Protest / Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by dre11(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
By Muhammad Bukar

In a surprising turn of events, the Kano State Police Command has trained and converted 50 hardened criminals to Police Constables.

The idea behind the development, according to investigations by DAILY POST, was to use the repentant criminals against their colleagues who have refused to repent and shun criminal activities.

The Commissioner of Police, CP, Mohammed Usaini Gumel, while addressing the 50 selected repentant thugs drawn from Dala, Fagge, Ungogo, Municipal and Gwale LGAs of Kano State, upon the completion of the two-month in-take training as members of the Nigeria Police Special Constabulary, noted that they were lucky for deciding to turn a new leaf.

Addressing the men, the CP said, Today is a happy day for the good people of Kano State and the Police Command because we passed out fifty youths from the two hundred and twenty-two repentant thugs who have since surrendered themselves and promised never to engage in thuggery activities (Fadan Daba) and other social vices that have been bedevilling the state especially during the 2nd quarter of the year 2023.”

He further recalled that about three months earlier, the Police Command invited some identified individuals believed to be behind the escalation of thuggery (Fadan Yan Daba) and other heinous crimes in the state for dialogue.

A total of 222 repentant thugs were received, he said.

The CP added, “We have forwarded their details to the State Governor during our friendly football match with them at Sani Abacha Stadium Kofar Mata, Kano, for them to be supported by way of engaging them in some life-changing programs.

“It is from this number that fifty (50) volunteered to work with the Police and to contribute to the security and development of the state.

“Taking into consideration their commitment to ensuring peace in the state since their repentance, we trained them in classes and the field and kitted them as members of the Special Constabulary.

“Today, they proved to us that the security of Kano is their concern and they will not allow any insecurity elements to jeopardize the peace being enjoyed in the state.”

Gumel appreciated the supervising officers of the Command for their efforts in crime fighting and further urged them to continue with community policing engagements with key stakeholders in their areas of responsibilities.

He reiterated that any officer who cannot inspire public confidence or gain people’s trust was not fit for any sensitive office, and further charged the supervising officers to redouble their efforts as the reward of good work is more work.

The CP, in the same vein, directed the officers to work closely with members of the Police Special Constabulary posted back to their communities.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/17/how-50-hardened-criminals-were-converted-to-police-constables-in-kano/

2 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by bottlewater1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
Daily post ?
Anyway sha North and terrorism are 5 & 6 infact they make us see terrorism as a normal thing

190 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Kigal: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
Imagine what they will be doing at the roadblickes

252 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Wujio: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
What a comedy !

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Ola9ja23: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
If that would reduce the killings and kidnappings in Nigeria it's a welcome development

139 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Racoon(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
sad Imagine the numbers of bandits and BH terrorists they have fed into the armed forces.

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Anything Evil 😈 is possible with headslamming cretins of the North.....
They less than pigs 🐖 🤣

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Racoon(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
The idea behind the development, according to investigations by DAILY POST, was to use the repentant criminals against their colleagues who have refused to repent and shun criminal activities.
There is constitutional provisions for who should be enlisted into the police force or armed forces. So you cant use illegitimate/unconstitutional means or illegality to fight legality.

158 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Entprys(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Post them to Umuahia, teach Igbos in language they understand.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Varunpulyani: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
What do you expect in a country where allahkubomb technical staffs are killing people in the name of blasphemy 🤷

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by 9japride(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Racoon:
[color=#006600][/color]

Why do we like to deceive ourselves a lot? Can a criminally minded person ever change? Has the devil ever repented?
It's just like saying those international terrorist repents. It's never possible. Has any politician ever repented from looting in this country?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Emperor5(m): 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
This is more of the reason criminality is quite alarming in Nigeria security forces, the like of this recruited criminal will hide under the Force to perpetrate evil.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by wittywriter: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Racoon:
sad Imagine the numbers of bandits and BH terrorists they have fed into the armed forces.
Varunpulyani:
What do you expect in a country where allahkubomb technical staffs are killing people in the name of blasphemy 🤷

Wittyness

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Zooposki(f): 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
They should constrain them to Arewa land. Southerners too mumu.

22 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Wisereborn: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ganduje even became a governor

So if he can, why can't theyundecided

Our leaders are the ones tarnishing the image of Nigeria nationwide

It has never being this bad undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by BoldBrainz(m): 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
What is it going to take for us to divide this country along regional lines please?!

60 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by MasterJayJay: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nigerian police is a criminal organization.
Who else should they recruit, if not criminals?

90% of armed robbery cases & kidnapping are done by 9ja police.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by bottlewater1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Kigal:
Imagine what they will be doing at the roadblickes
Road blocks

1 Like

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by EmirofAfonjaz: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
When Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB said that the Military and Police was infiltrated by BOKO HARAM and Fulani Herdsmen, YORUBA supporters of APC and some Yoruba said it was a LIE. i can remember vividly that all through this period, the NORTH kept quiet, but Yoruba people were busy covering up for the northern atrocities with foolish propaganda and hateful statements towards Nnamdi Kanu/BIAFRANs/IPOB.

Now that it is confirmed..they will all shamelessly hide their worthless heads in shame!!

Anyway, see a Picture of a terrorist that was absorbed into the Police and wanted to create a suicide bombing event in the SE. The Bomb on him detonated before he gained access to the primary School. If he had succeeded, same Yoruba Propagandist will say it was IPOB, that did it, and some foolish people will believe them.

IPOB even Told you so many things, but because it was championed by an IGBO person, yoruba , immediately hated him. Now he has been vindicated...

See your police..that is a terrorist. ..How will this one protect Yoruba , when FULANI HERDSMEN start killing them?

THE NORTH DOES ALL THIS NONSENSE BECAUSE YORUBA SUPPORT THEM FOOLISHLY. Period!!.

naptu2
freestuffng
legendhero
......................and the rest. Can this type of Police or army protect you in your darling 1 NIGERIA? But when these beasts where unleashed on the SE and committed UGM atrocities, you claimed that it was IGBOs killing IGBOs abi? I shall NEVER be well with people that know the truth but embrace the lies

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
Racoon:

And the worst thing is that they will now spread them all over the country in the name of ‘one Nigeria’!

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by EyeCumInPiece: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nothing surprises me again in this corn3, If a criminal druggie and certificate forger can become President.

20 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Christoskurion: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
They are coming down to south

13 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:
What is it going to take for us to divide this country along regional lines please?!

Same question i’ve asked, but yet to get a reply to!

After slavery, the next worst thing the colonialists did was to join disparate and heterogeneous groups together to form a single economic zone they could leech off of and exploit! The likes of India and Pakistan woke up soon enough and smelt the coffee that enabled them get sense to detach themselves from one another….but here in Nigeria, some are still forced at gunpoint to hold hands and sing kumbaya with unwilling partners! Go figure!

141 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by yemmight(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abokis to the world. Wetin we never see in the North. shocked shocked grin grin

13 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by EmirofAfonjaz: 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
Support BIAFRA...at least its only foolish people that think BIAFRA is an IGBO affair. I am not IGBO, but i am a core BIAFRAN.

Dont be decieved..IGBO dont need any fvvvcking OYEL to excel...

Recently ..an ABOKI police in Akwa Ibom, messed up an akwa ibom man with false accusations and even collected 11k from him.

That is to show you how bad things are.

BoldBrainz:

19 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by EmirofAfonjaz: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
When IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu said it..foolish Yoruba said it was a lie... sad

Racoon:

13 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by BoldBrainz(m): 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
Support BIAFRA...at least its only foolish people that think BIAFRA is an IGBO affair. I am not IGBO, but i am a core BIAFRAN.

Dont be decieved..IGBO dont need any fvvvcking OYEL to excel...

Recently ..an ABOKI police in Akwa Ibom, messed up an akwa ibom man with false accusations and even collected 11k from him.

That is to show you how bad things are.

To be honest, the current conceptual construct of Biafra is unbearably toxic and unpalatable to plenty of folks who would have fancied the idea of embracing it.

The proponents of the ideology since 2015 have been largely intolerant of the opinions of others and loosely magnanimous with violence and intimidation when dialogues should have sufficed, even amongst their own people.

There are loads of Niger Deltans who are very willing to identify with the Biafran struggle for emancipation, myself inclusive, but what Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa have both done with the movements, has resulted to a total lack of interest, as it is reminiscent of the scars we ended up with after the 1967-70 ordeal.

No right thinking man wakes up and makes the same mistake twice with his clear eyes and mind.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Whalis: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Out of which are future CPs and IGs.

7 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by BoldBrainz(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Same question i’ve asked, but yet to get a reply to!

After slavery, the next worst thing the colonialists did was to join disparate and heterogeneous groups together to form a single economic zone they could leech off of and exploit! The likes of India and Pakistan woke up soon enough and smelt the coffee that enabled them get sense to detach themselves from one another….but here in Nigeria, some are still forced at gunpoint to hold hands and sing kumbaya with unwilling partners! Go figure!

At some point, we may have to resort to violent tendencies if detachment from this rot is ever going to materialise. And personally, I'll have no qualms giving up the sweet-scented intricacies of life just to liberate my unborn generations from these ancestral shackles.

No human deserves to live like this!

12 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by Depriest2020: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
This one na license to kill and steal as you want without harassment. I pray they remain in the north were police are only seen in the police station. They should not be posted to southern Nigeria were police mount road blocks. Here in the north you can stay years without seeing police officers, except you go to police station or see one in the market shopping.

14 Likes

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by EmirofAfonjaz: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Tell me what NNAMDI KANU did?
Tell me what Simon Ekpa did

and tell me what Asari Dokubo did?

after that tell me what NIGERIA as a Nation has done for the people of SS, that makes BIAFRA unattainable.

Do IGBOs own oil wells? Do they grab your lands like Fulani? Do they kill you like the army?

remember also..that apart from the OIL in the SS region, they also have it. but they are not dependent on it for survival..and they are doing well, even better than all tribes that shout our OYEL.

Recently NNPC gave two OIL Wells to Northern companies and businesses. What did Asari Dokubo do? Instead the pig was looking for contracts..just Imagine.

So please, let me know, how BIAFRA is the problem

BoldBrainz:

To be honest, the current conceptual construct of Biafra is unbearably toxic and unpalatable to plenty of folks who would have fancied the idea of embracing it.

The proponents of the ideology since 2015 have been largely intolerant of the opinions of others and loosely magnanimous with violence and intimidation when dialogues should have sufficed, even amongst their own people.

There are loads of Niger Deltans who are very willing to identify with the Biafran struggle for emancipation, myself inclusive, but what Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa have both done with the movements, has resulted to a total lack of interest, as it is reminiscent of the scars we ended up with after the 1967-70 ordeal.

No right thinking man wakes up and makes the same mistake twice with his clear eyes and mind.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano by BoldBrainz(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
Tell me what NNAMDI KANU did?
Tell me what Simon Ekpa did

and tell me what Asari Dokubo did?

after that tell me what NIGERIA as a Nation has done for the people of SS, that makes BIAFRA unattainable.

Do IGBOs own oil wells? Do they grab your lands like Fulani? Do they kill you like the army?

So let me know

If Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa can comfortably mastermind the carnage and discomfort that has perpetually thrown Alaigbo as a region into years of insecurity and economic stagnation, as has been the case since the inception of the "Sit-at-home" initiative, what is the guarantee that the SS won't be subjected to worse treatments in the future should we become an entity?

We're currently being exploited by the Nigerian unitary government and we have no intents to jump from one toxic marriage to another that has the potential to even be more detrimental.

10 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Bakassi IDP And NNPC Station In Maiduguri This Morning (Photos) / Police Officers Kneel To Thank God In Lagos Church As They Return From The North / Man Sleeping During Osun Election Results Announcement By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.