Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria (33612 Views)

Please Help A Sister With A Nursing Job Asap / Special Benefits For Nigerian Nurses: Apply For A Nursing Job In The UK Now / Good news Nigerians Can Now Apply For A Nursing Job In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
bosman4u:

Tell him the cost of OET. Not as easy as you think.
But the person has written more than 5 times. That's more than the cost of OET two times.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by observanc1: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mozegee:
Please how did you do it. Is the any website
or anything you can help me with for guidance please
got a lot of materials on the internet. And studied intensively. IELTS is easy, just require concentration.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by stan111(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
I greatly advise u to go for the OET exam instead if IELTS, it's straightforward and has higher pass rate. Am speaking from Experience after attempting the IELTS just once and only READING messed it up.

However, the financial aspect for OET might be worrisome nonetheless it's worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by CandidNotes: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2021
For someone who says I will registerED, IELTS will be almost impossible to pass.

louiskay:
Is the IELTS that difficult to pass?
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by iamdapsyj(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
famzynet:

I will simplify it for you by telling you the pros and cons of taking the job

Pros:
- You get better salary as nurse assistant in the UK than you receive as a nurse in Nigeria thus you can save better cash for issues back home and also for your exams.
-Intereacting with the British in the course of the job will improve your listening part of the IELTS thus increasing your chances a bit of passing the exam.
- Seeing how developed the UK is compared to Nigeria and the opportunity of better pay as a nurse will make you work harder to pass those exams.
- When you pass your nursing exam,you will get better offer at jobs than a newbie nurse from Nigeria because you are already in the UK and with experience in their health sector.You won't need anyone to sponsor your flights and etc because you already would have the cash to do so. Those sponsoring come at a cost of a lower salary than should be even though it is still more than 10x better than what nurses get in Nigeria.
- You may even find easier career progression in that area as the senior health care assistants earn more than some nurses.
- You have better chance at saving the money to try OET which some say they found easier.
- Some nurses in the UK worked as health care assistants before they were able to pass the exams.
- Such visa allows you bring your partner and children so you save them stress of getting visa to the Uk

Cons:
- Accommodation is a big problem in the UK especially if you have a family. If you are single,you may manage with shared apartment to save. If married and with children,it will be difficult to cope with your salary except the city is cheap and your partner works. It becomes even more difficult if you still have any child less than 3 years as your salary cannot cope with their child care fees.
- Working in the UK can be mentally stressful for some as there is no room for any mistake so you will need that extra determination to create time to study in your free time. If you have the true Nigeria spirit and you are not the lazy type ,you can do it. If you hate stress in life especially with combining things,then forget it.
The stress will be short while if you suffer it once. Hopefully you should pass all the exams within 2 years.
- If you have family back in Nigeria ,it may be difficulty getting approval to go and see them. This may change with time if the covid rules changes.

This is very true and detailed. You talk like a travel agent especially to the UK.

5 Likes

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by nervorum: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
Lordleno:
Hello people.
Please i need your advise on this.
I am a nurse here in Nigeria and i have been trying to migrate to Uk for a nursing job position. i know about the whole process of writing CBT and IELTS. My problem is that i am stuck in IELTS.. I have not passed it yet. i have been trying since 2017 and i have written it 6 times. They cost money as well.

Recently i got a Homecare Job (nursing assistance equivalent) in Uk. I am suppose to sponsor my self to uk unlike the normal NMC UK employment that will sponsor you.

I intend to take the homecare job and travel, when i get there, i will book the cbt and IELTS again. Hopefully, if i pass it, i will registered as a nurse there. At least i will be working and preparing for it.

Please anyone in the house with experience to share concerning settling down as a home care nurse. do you encourage me to do so or i should just decline it and continue writing the IELTS and cbt until i pass it and then register with NMC UK and look for proper nursing Job.. Please i need your advise.

thanks.

If I remember correctly, you don't need ielts before taking the CBT. So If you have been taking ielts without luck, forget the exam for now and take CBT. Pass CBT and then return to take oet. Pls borrow money if you have to. Pls PERSIST. It would pay off. Going for a care job may further complicate the process for you.
Its best to travel to the UK as an RN. Everything is practically sponsored, including initial accommodation, provided by many trusts.

Pls change your strategy. Go for CBT, pass it, then take OET. If Indians are passing it, you can.

Good luck.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by descarado: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

But she won't spend the money in Nigeria na lipsrsealed
Yet she has family and friends in Nigeria the money will help.
Is that not one of the reasons we wanna travel out?

I don't normally respond to these kind of threads but for one irritant out there looking down on jobs that people do is very annoying.

We blame our politicians yet we are too proud and arrogant to stoop low to conquer.

Useless and warped mentality. Nigeria will continue to die with this insane mentality. Hunger never catch una.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Vintage2: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
My dear, my candid advise is to take the job and leave. How much are you being paid in Nigeria? You will save 2 or 3 month's salary to write IELTS. But when you are here, you can comfortably write the exam without thinking of your salary and again you get a UK experience which will help you to get a better Nursing job when you pass the exam. Move 1st and sort the rest.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by shiwex: 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by armyofone(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
One of the reason Nigeria is in a bad shape now - they don't see dignity in small labor.

Everything must be big money, big start up and cutting of heads and private parts for that big money.

A student overseas can do menial jobs such as construction, facility management jobs, wash toilets and cook food in restaurants - then send that money home to Nigeria. His or her siblings in Nigeria would rather "hang out" than do cleaning job or look for a buka to work.

Nigerians!!

descarado:

Yet she has family and friends in Nigeria the money will help.
Is that not one of the reasons we wanna travel out?

I don't normally respond to these kind of threads but for one irritant out there looking down on jobs that people do is very annoying.

We blame our politicians yet we are too proud and arrogant to stoop low to conquer.

Useless and warped mentality. Nigeria will continue to die with this insane mentality. Hunger never catch una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

The cost of living not standard. The standard of living is linked in some ways to the cost of living but is largely subjective compared to the cost of living which is objective.

Don't misue economic terms
Sorry cost of living thanks for the correction.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
madridsta007:

Costly standard of living AND having the money to pay for the living standard...

OR

Cheap standard of living, no money AND Buhari

Which is preferred?
I'd rather prefer buffing up my savings and reserve in the latter and preparing to leave to an even cheaper country than rushing head first into a raging blizzard that'd kill me in seconds.

When a whole lot of citizens of the UK are facing homing issues is it now an immigrant that'd get it sweet, it is better just go to Australia or New Zealand. I know that the standard of living in Nigeria is high but you can cut corners in the UK the royalty would suck you dry and leave you in a gutter in a matter of seconds, all in the name of taxes.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Spreadpeace(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
BTGbenga:
Why wasting your time on language test when you can apply for Bsc Nursing in US schools with IELTS waiver, with opportunity to work and school. You can also continue to live in US as you progress in your academics.
You can also get international loans to fund this academics before travel.
Pls don't waste the precious time oooo.
Also nothing is wrong if you go on this new offer but be sure not scam.

Please can I get a link to read more on this?
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Lordleno:

the visa is UK health and care visa

When next you're preparing to write your IELTS, use IELTS Liz.

I think she's the best out there.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Segzy19: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2021
Take the home care job.

With the home care job, you will still earn well.
When you are in the UK, you can write your IELTS in the UK. It's easier over there...

Just be sure the job offer isn't a scam.
Make sure they are not doing fake or an improper visa arrangement for you. Just do your due diligence

I am very very sure of what I am saying.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by loliapoopy2013(f): 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Write OET instead of IELTS. It is easier.
What's OET, hearing it for the first time.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by NCANCHAIR(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
How can I get that in the US? Can we send you a DM
BTGbenga:
Why wasting your time on language test when you can apply for Bsc Nursing in US schools with IELTS waiver, with opportunity to work and school. You can also continue to live in US as you progress in your academics.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
BTGbenga:

Where will the US$60,000 tuition fee come from?
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by charlo3410: 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
gabicon:

My dear write whatever exams here at home, moving to a new country, adjusting to its lifestyle and settling down is no easy feat. Don't combine writing exams to it. I will suggest you look for professional help on the IELTS, I remember seeing a few adds online that guarantee 8.5 score, research on them.
Just take this advice and leave others
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

I'd rather prefer buffing up my savings and reserve in the latter and preparing to leave to an even cheaper country than rushing head first into a raging blizzard that'd kill me in seconds.

When a whole lot of citizens of the UK are facing homing issues is it now an immigrant that'd get it sweet, it is better just go to Australia or New Zealand. I know that the standard of living in Nigeria is high but you can cut corners in the UK the royalty would suck you dry and leave you in a gutter in a matter of seconds, all in the name of taxes.

Two friends of mine in the UK recently bought houses- not mortgage. Bought.
They are both in the financial sector and guess what? We all did our first degree in Nigeria.
If you are not ready to work hard, I am not sure any "abroad" country is for you.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Ajeyo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Dont do home care nursing in the U.K,you will cry doing it,I was an HCA I.e Health care assistant in the U.K,it is what you are offered,you go pack shit and piss tire.pass your IELTS here and start as a nurse there.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Nicoswit(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ajeyo:
Dont do home care nursing in the U.K,you will cry doing it,I was an HCA I.e Health care assistant in the U.K,it is what you are offered,you go pack shit and piss tire.pass your IELTS here and start as a nurse there.
Op see this oo
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by eekong87: 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pls what does it cost to write IELTS . pls details I will be grateful
Lordleno:
Hello people.
I am a nurse here in Nigeria and i have been trying to migrate to Uk for a nursing job position. i know about the whole process of writing CBT and IELTS. My problem is that i am stuck in IELTS.. I have not passed it yet. i have been trying since 2017 and i have written it 6 times. They cost money as well.

Recently i got a Homecare Job (nursing assistance equivalent) in Uk. I am suppose to sponsor my self to uk unlike the normal NMC UK employment that will sponsor you.

I intend to take the homecare job and travel, when i get there, i will book the cbt and IELTS again. Hopefully, if i pass it, i will registered as a nurse there. At least i will be working and preparing for it.

Please anyone in the house with experience to share concerning settling down as a home care nurse. do you encourage me to do so or i should just decline it and continue writing the IELTS and cbt until i pass it and then register with NMC UK and look for proper nursing Job.. Please i need your advise.

thanks.
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
madridsta007:

Two friends of mine in the UK recently bought houses- not mortgage. Bought.
They are both in the financial sector and guess what? We all did our first degree in Nigeria.
If you are not ready to work hard, I am not sure any "abroad" country is for you.
So did they run out of Nigeria with one naira in their account? Do you think it's everyone that will buy houses at the end of the day? Do you know about all their dealings and whatnot?
If you leave empty handed, no matter how you plan you'll fail terribly

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by descarado: 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
armyofone:
One of the reason Nigeria is in a bad shape now - they don't see dignity in small labor.

Everything must be big money, big start up and cutting of heads and private parts for that big money.

A student overseas can do menial jobs such as construction, facility management jobs, wash toilets and cook food in restaurants - then send that money home to Nigeria. His or her siblings in Nigeria would rather "hang out" than do cleaning job or look for a buka to work.

Nigerians!!

Was I mad.
I was livid.
These people eeh.

And they are always ready to beg for stipends from their people out there doing these menial jobs

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by ElGood: 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Check this. If you can be patient enough to acquire more knowledge like in mental health nursing (Postbasic mental health nursing with time you do your BSN) There is a lot of job opportunities for nurses and health workers especially in develop countries.

thanks.[/quote]

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

So did they run out of Nigeria with one naira in their account? Do you think it's everyone that will buy houses at the end of the day? Do you know about all their dealings and whatnot?
If you leave empty handed, no matter how you plan you'll fail terribly

Oga to your questions:
1. They did not run out of Nigeria. Going to do your MSc or PhD isnt "running away".
2. Will you buy a house at the end of the day? Yes, if you follow the pattern & pathways of those who have gone before you. I have always said here that the best way to go from point A to point B is to find out persons, like you, who are at point B and replicate what they did.
3. Their dealings abroad? You are funny. You think everyone outside Nigeria is a criminal? grin That is a debilitating mindset to have. There are Nigerians who work incredibly hard and are excellent at what they do. Excellence is a language & will attract kings to you, as the Bible says.
4. Not sure this last comment was for me as I have not asked anyone to leave Nigeria "empty handed". That is a foolish thing to do. You shouldnt even move from Jos to "Lagos empty-handed".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by gentilityndu: 5:37am On Jul 09, 2021
Lordleno:
Hello people.

thanks.
The best bet for you is to take up the care job and enter Uk first. As you’re working, you can write the exam and switch as a Nurse. I’m a health care worker as well in uk. But you’re also free to follow your mind.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by Lordleno(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2021
gentilityndu:

The best bet for you is to take up the care job and enter Uk first. As you’re working, you can write the exam and switch as a Nurse. I’m a health care worker as well in uk. But you’re also free to follow your mind.

Thanks
Re: Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria by mamajaz(f): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2021
Dahunsipaul:

Is it accepts in uk ni

100%, for nursing registration oh. For migration only, ukvi ielts.

Let me explain a bit. If the person writes OET (as any professional ) for registration or any other acceptable English, they don't need any other test for migration. However, if they're say immigrant who don't need English test for professional registration, they will need UKVI English or NARIC for visa application. I do hope I am not confusing you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? / Meet The Lady Who Takes Painting As A Profession (photos) / America’s Top 13 Ceos And The Courses They Studied In School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.