Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President (717 Views)

President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood / 'We Wont Kill You, We Will Shoot Your Vagina'- Philippine President To Feminists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President by wwwihy: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte 'seriously thinking' about running for vice president

Manila, PhilippinesPhilippine President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday gave the strongest hint yet that he might seek the vice presidency in next year's election, saying he was now "seriously thinking" about running.

Speaking at a televised meeting with his political party allies, Duterte, 76, who is not permitted to seek a second term as President, said he was "touched by the outpouring of sentiment" urging him to run for vice president.

"To the proposition that I run for vice president, slightly I am sold to the idea. Meaning to say, I am seriously thinking of running for vice president," he said.
Last month he said the vice presidency was a "good idea" because he has unfinished business, like fighting illicit drugs.

The mercurial former mayor's critics have questioned the legality of him becoming vice president, because he could reassume the top post if the president dies, resigns, or is removed from office.

Opinion polls show Duterte remains very popular, despite a huge death toll in his notorious anti-drugs campaign and criticism of his government's pandemic response.
Staying in office could also shield him from legal action, in a country where former leaders and politicians are often prosecuted, sometimes jailed.

Duterte, however, admitted he would be an "inutile" vice president if the winning president, who is elected in a separate contest, was not a "friend".

Duterte's daughter, Davao mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio has topped opinion polls on possible presidential contenders. Both Dutertes have ruled that out.

He stopped short of endorsing longtime aide and incumbent senator, Christopher "Bong" Go, as his preferred successor, but said Go was "ready" for the top post. Go said he was not interested.

Absent during the party meeting was boxer-turned-senator Manny Pacquiao, who has been in Duterte's crosshairs over public comments on foreign policy and corruption, amid speculation the eight-division champion may seek the presidency.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/07/asia/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-vice-president-intl-hnk/index.html

Re: Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President by Amotolongbo(f): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
"To the proposition that I run for vice president, slightly I am sold to the idea. Meaning to say, I am seriously thinking of running for vice president," he said.
Last month he said the vice presidency was a "good idea" because he has unfinished business, like fighting illicit drugs.
Nothing bad in it

Some US presidents went to the parliaments (Union and confederate) after office.
One even became the Chief Justice after being the president.

Nothing bad If any of the Filipinos could could do something similar to that after leaving the office of the Presidency. And the same Philippine was inherited by US from Spain after the war
Re: Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President by Ruggedniggaone: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
You mean you will president and start fighting for v president?nonsense
Re: Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President by ChiefSosa(m): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
Buhari joined the group chat...

1 Like

Re: Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
The problem is I don't think anyone would want to pick him as a running mate.

If this guy becomes your VP, you are definitely going to have a tough time as his boss.

Trust me. He is quite a handful.
Re: Philippine President Duterte 'seriously Thinking' Running For Vice President by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ruggedniggaone:
You mean you will president and start fighting for v president?nonsense

Well, it makes real sense if it will give you the necessary immunity from corruption and other criminal charges for another 5-6 years.

Politicians are very good at scheming. You might think it's foolish but he sure knows what he's doing.

(1) (Reply)

Kiev Accuses Ukrainian MP Of State Treason / Canadian Sniper ‘terribly Disappointed’ With Military Reality In Ukraine / Cape Town Is Africa's Third Cleanest City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.