Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria For Undergraduate Studies? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria For Undergraduate Studies? (127 Views)

Fully Funded Undergraduate Studies In Canada, 2018-2019 – Apply Now / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / Unilag studies thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria For Undergraduate Studies? by Drlumi: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
I have received a good number of comments after my last video about my experiences as a post-graduate student at NOUN. One of the ones that I felt needed addressing was the question of whether NOUN would be a good option for an undergraduate. So, I have made a video about that as well!

Here is a short version, though:

NOUN is a great, accredited university that you can easily gain admission into. However, it is also a different model of learning in many regards and may or may not be suitable for you. There are several factors you need to consider:

University education should be about learning and culture. Learning has to do partly with teaching and research. At NOUN, you would not have access to the normal kind of teaching. Are you mature enough to handle this?

Part of the implications of "Culture" is that the university prepares you for integration into society and teaches you about its norms and expectations. It also allows you to form friendships and associations. These are not readily available at NOUN, at least not in the regular ways.

Please note that I am not in any way implying that NOUN is a bad choice. Not at all. It is just a different kind of institution that you need to understand and ensure you are equipped for. It is typically a great choice for mature learners and people who have already had some other form of post-secondary education.

As stated earlier, I did a video for people who are about to make that decision and need comprehensive information. Please find below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shktw3OWTWI

(1) (Reply)

Work From The Comfort Of Your Location And Earn Up To 35% Commission / How Much Did You Pay To Get Your Waec Certificate In School / Complete UK Diploma In IT And Computing Course In 18 Months Or Less

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.