Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban (11439 Views)

Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR / Buni: Osinbajo, Governors Begin Talks As Fear Grips APC / Reno: Buhari, Osinbajo Still On Twitter Yet NBC Orders Stations To Deactivate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Islie: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
The government had on June 4, 2021, announced the suspension of Twitter two days after the platform deleted a tweet by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), which many users found offensive.

Three weeks after the suspension, on June 22, the President set up a committee consisting of five ministers to negotiate with Twitter.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, was appointed as the head of the committee. Others appointed include the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami; the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyema; the Minister for Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola(SAN), the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo (SAN),and the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN).

However, nearly three weeks after the committee was set up, it was learnt that the negotiations had yet to begin.

Malami’s spokesman, Dr Umar Gwandu, however, said all was set for negotiations to begin.

He said, “The negotiations have not started yet. The process for negotiation has started by the formation of the Federal Government’s committee.”

“The process is ongoing. The public will be properly informed through the media at the appropriate time when resolutions are reached.”

An inquiry, which was sent to Twitter on Wednesday, had not yet been responded to as of press time.

https://punchng.com/buhari-ministers-twitter-yet-to-begin-talks-on-ban/

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Nbotee(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
Was there a ban? Is it still effective? Last tym I checked everyone was still tweeting fine including the govt officials

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by DannyXpress: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
As if anything good will cone out of it
Analog ministers

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Nbotee(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Was there a ban? Is it still effective? Last tym I checked everyone was still tweeting fine including the govt officials. They jus wanted to talk tough and make noise. I can bet twitter didn't reach out to them like they claim dats why there's no talks

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Someone should pls tell bubu that banning/unbanning twitter isn't the problem of Nigerians. Hunger and insecurity are dealing mercilessly with Nigerians. These two things should be his priorities abeg

And last time I checked, even his cabinet members are tweeting from their toilets or their olosho's residence.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by vedaxcool(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nbotee:
Was there a ban? Is it still effective? Last tym I checked everyone was still tweeting fine including the govt officials. They jus wanted to talk tough and make noise. I can bet twitter didn't reach out to them like they claim dats why there's no talks

So go on with your life. At least it confirms twuta is crazy since they are coming to negotiate what isn't banned.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by vedaxcool(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Someone should pls tell bubu that banning/unbanning twitter isn't the problem of Nigerians. Hunger and insecurity are dealing mercilessly with Nigerians. These two things should be his priorities abeg

And last time I checked, even his cabinets members are tweeting.

Shows us the last time you check or you are a liar!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
vedaxcool:

Shows us the last time you check or you are a liar!
Omo dont kid yourself, everybody is tweeting even pantami and lai are tweeting

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by vedaxcool(m): 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Omo dont kid yourself, everybody is tweeting even pantami and lai are tweeting

Eh naw my guy show us make me see.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Masterkernel1: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
Twitter doesn't care about Nigeria, at least Nigerian action didn't change the share price even by 0.2% it means Nigeria is insignificant in the scheme of things.

Two weeks ago, Cristiano Ronaldo removed Coke Cola bottles from a press conference table in less than 24 hours, Coke Cola lost $4 billion. Nigeria is not a major player in world politics.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by OssyMalik: 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
Lie Mohammed is still compiling list of lies to present at the meeting. He and his knuckleheads have nothing to offer

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
vedaxcool:

Eh naw my guy show us make me see.
You live in a cave or wetin? You haven't heard of something called VPN before?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by InaNla(f): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by henrybomb(m): 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
Buhari and his boys are just playing hide and seek grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Monogamy: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
FG also don dey do too much gra gra on this banning
Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by QuotaSystem: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Simply because Jack is still in celebration mode...

The monkey that started the whole wahala for them is secured in his zoo cage so I'm sure the ban will be lifted soonest cool

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
vedaxcool:

So go on with your life. At least it confirms twuta is crazy since they are coming to negotiate what isn't banned.
He is actually getting on with his life just like El rufai that is still using Twitter

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Even Twitter is still celebrating the successful capture of the head hunting Ipob terrorist leader that caused the wahala for them.

The monkey is back in his zoo cage so I'm sure the ban will be lifted soonest cool
This is actually stale

I can see kaduna government have sent your bandits masters half bag of rice and beans for you to eat this evening

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by QuotaSystem: 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mikecold:
This is actually stale

You wish grin

Nnamdi Kanu's pains are new every morning cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Nah trust me Lamidi Kanu's pains are new every morning cool
Abdul

Are bandits every day killings not pains to you in the north every morning

Your parents could be next but Ipob in the east in your problem

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by QuotaSystem: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul

Are bandits every day killings every morning not pains to you in the north

You parents could be next but Ipob in the east in your problem

Shukudi

Hundreds of hired killers and escaped prisoners are parading the East - killing and beheading - but its the peppered Koboko Kanu is receiving that's your headache.

Don't you know any member of your household could be next or are Ikonso's 2000 heads complete?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Shukudi

Hundreds of hired killers and escaped prisoners are parading the East - killing and beheading - but its the peppered Koboko Kanu is receiving that's your headache.

Don't you know any member of your household could be next or are Ikonso's 2000 heads complete?
Number 1 i am not Igbo

Abdul don't you think the number 1 security concern of this country is the one which FG is pumping billions of dollars to without results

Incidentally it happens to be your region, shouldn't that be your concern?

Since when did you start caring about igbos

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by temitope27(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by lagusboyyy(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Please they should speed up this process and settle the issue, its already grossly affecting lot of individuals that does business and even use Twitter for fun.

Its personally affecting me sef...

Abi kini gbogbo oshi gan..
Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Faithfulness365: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
Yeye ministers
Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by QuotaSystem: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mikecold:
Number 1 i am not Igbo

Abdul don't you think the number 1 security concern of this country is the one which FG is pumping billions of dollars to without results

Incidentally it happens to be your region, shouldn't that be your concern?

Since when did you start caring about igbos

Shukudi...

Go and wear original neck guard until Ikonso is buried...

No time for dogon turenchi

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Sunnybay7: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by Enudapan: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Am even now used to the VPN
I have Even forgotten Twitter was on ban

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban by AbujaAgent: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
It's alright

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ortom Institutes ₦60 Billion Suit Against Akume / Okorocha's Bill for Free Compulsory Basic Education Makes New Constitution / El Rufai's Accidental Public Servant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.