Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

"You Won't Sleep Well For Awarding England A Penalty" - Mourinho Blasts Referee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "You Won't Sleep Well For Awarding England A Penalty" - Mourinho Blasts Referee (449 Views)

Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight / The Moment Oshoala Missed A Penalty At AWCON 2018 Nigeria Vs South Africa(Video) / OMG! Juventus Goalie Gianluigi Buffon Blasts Referee Over Ronaldo Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"You Won't Sleep Well For Awarding England A Penalty" - Mourinho Blasts Referee by MckenzieSkyBlog: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
Former Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid boss, Jose Mourinho has expressed shock over the referee's decision to award England a penalty in their Euro 2020 semi-final triumph over Denmark on Wednesday night.

Mourinho claimed that the referee, Danny Makkelie, will have a restless night after awarding the penalty in extra time, but felt that England deserved to reach the final.

The men's national team of England has not competed in a major final since 1966. Joakim Maehle was adjudged to have clipped Raheem Sterling by the referee, who pointed to the spot.

Although it was evident that Maehle made just minor contact with the Manchester City forward, VAR did not overturn the referee's decision.

Kasper Schmeichel saved Harry Kane's penalty, but he converted the rebound to give England a 2-1 triumph and end their semi-final drought.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Mourinho said;

“Yes, amazing game, but I’m not sure you want to listen to my opinion.

“But I say it the way I see it and I don’t believe the referee is going to sleep well!”

“I say the way I see it, not the way it is. Maybe you don’t like my opinion this time….

“It’s never a penalty. The best team won, England deserved to win. England was fantastic, but for me it’s...READ MORE

1 Share

Re: "You Won't Sleep Well For Awarding England A Penalty" - Mourinho Blasts Referee by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Amateur blogger.

You are trying but try to improve on your content.

(1) (Reply)

The Maradona Cup (ITALY VS ARGENTINA) / What FC Ebedei Is Doing That Other Clubs Aren't Doing -- OAP Michael Effiong / Manchester United Is Delighted To Announce The Arrival Of A New Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.