Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game (227 Views)

My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match / Joseph Yobo Plays Football With His Wife And Kids (Photos, Video) / Ronaldo Bans Mother From Watching Football After She Fainted Twice In Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game by Emperormartin(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
As I went to viewing centre to watch the England/Denmark game with a female friend of mine; her questions almost made me lose interest in the game.

During the match, as Sterling was dribbling from the left wing and edging towards the 18yard box of Denmark some guys started yelling R2, R2, play R2...

1st question! This babe asked me "what is R2"?

I've to answer "it's when a right footed player stays in the left side of the attack and tried to score by putting the ball in a far corner"

2nd question!! The babe asked instantly "what is far corner"
I didn't know what to answer again. I focused on the football game

As she noticed I wasn't answering again she started drifting to sleep by resting her head on my shoulders thereby making me uncomfortable I pleaded with her quietly that she has to remain awake that here is football viewing centre and not inside her room but I promised I'll take her home by halftime.

She asked for the 3rd time "what is halftime"
Omoh!!! Local man weak! If I've known all these I wouldn't have come out with her in the first place.

Abeg share your experience watching football with a novice
Re: Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game by paulolee(m): 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
one was once arguing dt fernandez is the best midfielder in the whole of Europe during his peak form n i nearly tear am slap
anoda said dt arsenal will win d league consecutivly assuming they are in oda euro top 4 leagues n we nearly go outside go fite dt day
some people sabi talk trash eeh

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game by Emperormartin(m): 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
paulolee:
one was once arguing dt fernandez is the best midfielder in the whole of Europe during his peak form n i nearly tear am slap
anoda said dt arsenal will win d league consecutivly assuming they are in oda euro top 4 leagues n we nearly go outside go fite dt day
some people sabi talk trash eeh
That guy is typically Arsenal/Arsene Wenger top fan
Re: Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 09, 2021
How dare you ask me if there will be extra-time and penalty shootouts in a Premier League fixture??

Who does that?

My personal experience^^

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game by Great100000: 6:47am On Jul 09, 2021
That If Ronaldo And Messi (Oyo Mesi) will play for Nigeria..... Local Man Just Weak
Re: Share Your Experience Watching Football With A Novice In The Game by Great100000: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2021
And Other One Asked If Coach Go Still Play Drogba In This 2021 And I Asked Drogba of Which Year & He Told Me He Always Heard That Name But He Dont Know Much About It.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

D’tigers: Edoho Blasts American TV Host, Clancy For Saying Nigeria Has No Food / Raphael Akpejiori Adds Another Ruthless Knockout Win To His Record After Calling / Super Falcons Arrives Austria Training Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.