Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Raphael Akpejiori Adds Another Ruthless Knockout Win To His Record After Calling - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Raphael Akpejiori Adds Another Ruthless Knockout Win To His Record After Calling (228 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo scores on his record 200th international cap for Portugal / Lionel Messi Presents His Record Seventh Ballon d' Or To PSG Crowd / Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Raphael Akpejiori Adds Another Ruthless Knockout Win To His Record After Calling by natanyin: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
Raphael Akpejiori adds another ruthless knockout win to his record after calling for a 'dream' fight against Tyson Fury
"My goal is to have the heavyweight belts in my hand. Once I've accomplished that, everything else will fall in place," Nigeria's Raphael Akpejiori adds another knockout win on his pursuit of a world title
8:30, UK, Sunday 11 July 2021

Raphael Akpejiori knocked out Steven Lyons in the first round in Miami
Raphael Akpejiori added another ruthless knockout win to his record after calling for a 'dream' fight against Britain's WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.

The unbeaten Nigerian delivered another display of his destructive power, stopping Steven Lyons in the opening round in Miami on Saturday night.

Akpejiori has knocked out all 12 of his opponents inside two rounds and has told Sky Sports that he would welcome a fight against Fury or top contender Dillian Whyte.

"If I was going to name a dream fight for me in the next year, I would say Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte," Akpejiori told Sky Sports.

"Those are two guys I know I can step in the ring with and beat both of them.

Advertisement

Raphael Akpejiori
Image:
Akpejiori has stopped all his opponents inside two rounds
"But my goal is to have the heavyweight belts in my hand. Once I've accomplished that, everything else will fall in place."

The 6′ 8″ tall 30-year-old is guided by trainer Glen Johnson, the former world light-heavyweight champion.

Also See:
Fury 'very frustrated' as Wilder trilogy delayed
'Fury is my dream fight - but I bring pain!'
"It's pretty evident that when I touch people they kind of go to sleep," Akpejiori said.

"I'm not oblivious to that fact, but I'm not focused on that.

"As Anthony Joshua says, 'The right hand can take you around the block, but a jab can take you around the world.'

"That is an absolute truth in boxing."

Re: Raphael Akpejiori Adds Another Ruthless Knockout Win To His Record After Calling by Timi45: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Good for him
Re: Raphael Akpejiori Adds Another Ruthless Knockout Win To His Record After Calling by Wawelexy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Yes! Bring it on... You can do it

(1) (Reply)

Watch Akwa United 3-0 Warri Wolves (highlights) / HIGHEST Weekend Odds Alert On Lille Vs PSG / Kane Skips Spurs Return Amid Man City Transfer Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.