Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women (46881 Views)

Wizkid: Only Naira Marley Has Sang Songs That I Wish I Were Th One Who Sang Them / Eedris Abdulkareem Slams Burna Boy; Denies Beating His Landlord / Jada Pollock, Wizkid's Only Supportive Baby Mama Uses Their Son For PR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by dolipzle(m): 10:56am On Jul 09, 2021
jaxxy:
Burna who? And what does burna sing about?

Burna talks too much like a woman on menstruation. What real life has he sang? He copied Fela in most undecided
Bro you’re so d**b as sh*t
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 10:58am On Jul 09, 2021
born2begreat:

Yes Asa too those are the people that don't only sing about love, woman but also using music to send message. I love good music in short
Burna was nice till he shifted to bashing his "haters" in his music
That's why kilometre is nonsense

Johnny drille is doing well in the love category
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Johel:

Joy
Grace
Eledumare
Oluwa Loni
Mummy mi
Ojuelegba
Reckless
Thankful
Blessed

Are these songs about women...people don't make use of their senses,they just follow what anyone says without looking deep into things..
Add Pakurumo (and other songs) to the list.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Seun360(m): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Lyrically, WizKid no get substance. All he sings about her girls, how he will spend money on them or how he will carry Olosho.

He's very overrated.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 10:59am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

The African giant album for instance
It was when he took up the Fela style that he became popular
I don't need to tutor you

Unfamiliarity? undecided grin
What's up with all these children? cheesy grin

Too much grammar dey worry you grin

I repeat
why do you think he wears the Fela chain?
How daft.

Fela is the pioneer of the Afro genres which Many Artist including Burna sings

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2021
Seun360:
Lyrically, WizKid no get substance. All he sings about her girls, how he will spend money on them or how he will carry Olosho.

He's very overrated.
Wizkid lost the energy he rose with prominence with, I still respect the dude he has some good evergreen songs
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2021
ZombieBurster:

How daft.

Fela is the pioneer of the Afro genres which Many Artist including Burna sings
Why is he the only one that basically portrays and wears the Fela chain?

Do you think I'm as dumb as you are? grin cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by 9jaRealist: 11:03am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

I can see that you're kidding grin
And I would love to see where I said "he samples Fela"

I'll be waiting undecided

This is the conversation that you JOINED midstream…
Perhaps you should understand CONTEXT before commenting. SMH

phemmyfour:
You sample fela's song too much. Without that all your songs would be sounding like kilometers
9jaRealist:
How many Burna’s many HITS sampled a Fela song?
Name them, and prove that you are actually familiar with Fela’s music.

PS: And btw, “Kilometre” is a jam (one of this summer’s anthems-to-be).
>

>
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by iLegendd(m): 11:06am On Jul 09, 2021
phemmyfour:
You sample fela's song too much. Without that all your songs would be sounding like kilometers

So, you're saying pastors shouldn't sample from the Bible? Sampling is appreciation and not stealing as long as you give credit.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

Why is he the only one that basically portrays and wears the Fela chain?

Do you think I'm as dumb as you are? grin cheesy
I can never be dumb as you are.
When you're sober, go through all the trash you've been writing.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by 9jaRealist: 11:08am On Jul 09, 2021
ZombieBurster:

grin grin grin
>
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by GeneralPula: 11:10am On Jul 09, 2021
DonBenny77:

Do am if e easy.....Wizkid and burna who first smple Fela songs and vibes. Burna papa produce for fela, so You know who get the vibes now
Mumu!
Kilometer na internationally acclaimed hit from a Grammy award winner hater

Because Samuel Ogudu produces fela doesn’t mean he gave fela’s any vibe... Fela owns his vibe. Fela has many producers. Both locals & internationals..

Felas vibe is natural & unique, and that’s why a lot of artist we’re able to copied his style..

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:14am On Jul 09, 2021
ZombieBurster:

When you're sober, go through all the trash you've been writing.
All these IPOB guys sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:16am On Jul 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

This is the conversation that you JOINED midstream…
Perhaps you should understand CONTEXT before commenting. SMH

>
I said "kilometre is actually trash"

Or are you half literate? grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 11:16am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

Burna was nice till he shifted to bashing his "haters" in his music
That's why kilometre is nonsense

Johnny drille is doing well in the love category
If he bashes "haters" what does David• does in his songs?
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by rita25(f): 11:17am On Jul 09, 2021
you that know tell me how many times have u seen oluwa burna in kalakuta shrine doing the fela thing before he blew? even 2010 felaberation burna presented as a youngster i was there live dont say what you dont know then if at all froggy should diversify and then maybe he too can blow
theTranslator:

He has been in the industry for a very long time

It was when he took up the Fela style that he "blew"

Don't say what you don't know
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by GeneralPula: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

Burna is foolish, he didn't need to categorize the kind of music BigWiz do, infact jealousy is still Killin him.

Nah since when him pick fight with davido I don know this..

I think It’s glaring that he’s wanting to discredit naija top musicians so he can be the number 1..
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by phemmyfour: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2021
iLegendd:

So, you're saying pastors shouldn't sample from the Bible ? Sampling is appreciation and not stealing as long as you give credit.
What a daft comparison
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

All these IPOB guys sef cheesy
You no get talk again abi, na ipob you wan use self-service now? Okay bye
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by 9jaRealist: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:
I said "kilometre is actually trash"

Or are you half literate? grin

If I was, that would still be half MORE literate (and enlightened) than you are! grin
>
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by GeneralPula: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2021
ZombieBurster:

Are you aware he's well gifted in Raggae?
Even if he doesn't do afro anymore he can easily compete with heavy weight Raggae artist worldwide.

Lol..

Mention those reggae artist he can compete with?

If what you said is true, what’s holding him down to start?

You think reggae is all about speaking patua?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by seanwilliam(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2021
Antoeni:
Burna Boy statement will soon make the both of them fall out soon
I will be waiting for wizkid response
Then you will wait forever bro. Wizkid no go say pim. That guy gets class no be small

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2021
ZombieBurster:

You no get talk again abi, na ipob you wan use self-service now? Okay bye
You have nothing to say
rita25:
you that know tell me how many times have u seen oluwa burna in kalakuta shrine doing the fela thing before he blew? even 2010 felaberation burna presented as a youngster i was there live dont say what you dont know then if at all froggy should diversify and then maybe he too can blow
He doesn't have to stay in kalakuta
What you said and I went against was "he just came"
Which shows you know nothing

The person you call "froggy" has been the most consistent for almost a decade now

You just hate Davido for no reason
He has a lovely persona

Most people know Davido as much as they know Burna

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2021
GeneralPula:

Lol..

Lame talk,

go and listen to
Different. Burna ft Damien Marley and Angeliq

Acting Bad
Smoke some weed
Heavens gate
Hallelujah

These are top notch Raggae Songs your Fave Artist can't try
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2021
GeneralPula:

Lol..

Leave him

Even Majek Fashek and Lucky Dube never sang in patios
Yet they are the best reggae artistes to come out of Africa
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Bighead95(m): 11:31am On Jul 09, 2021
Omo make una no lie ooo for me aside 2face.....

Burna boy is the best nigerian artist (let's listen to his lyrics) for me wizkid/davido are not to be compared to him at all
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2021
ZombieBurster:

Lame talk,

go and listen to
Different. Burna ft Damien Marley and Angeliq

Acting Bad
Smoke some weed
Heavens gate
Hallelujah

These are top notch Raggae Songs your Fave Artist can't try
My favourite is Fashek

Your obsession with Burna has taken over your thinking grin
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 11:35am On Jul 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

If I was, that would still be half MORE literate (and enlightened) than you are! grin
>
Lol
I said that a song is trash
You said I said the singer "samples" from Fela

You are plain half educated cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

My favourite is Fashek

Your obsession with Burna has taken over your thinking grin
I'm just stating the Facts into your dumb skull

He wasn't given the Grammys by mistake
He worth it
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by jeyem(m): 11:39am On Jul 09, 2021
Is ojuelegba about woman?
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Asiseeit: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2021
illicit:
Bitches

And the girls go dey happy

As in ehn. Being called a bitch suppose be insult, but the girls go dey happy... And what about the Burna boy wey dey waka with Bitches? He must be a dog then.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2021
because Burna Boy made a few songs about reality, it has now turned that he sings about reality?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ngozi Nwosu Says She Is Single And Searching For A Responsible Man / Kwam 1 Poses With His Giant Ostrich Bird In His Ijebu Ode Country Home / DBanj's Wife, Lineo Twerks At His Face, He Touches Her Butt In A Club (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.