Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari (15101 Views)

Sell Nigeria Instead Of Taking N6 Trillion Fresh Loan - Timi Frank Tells Buhari / Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request / Minimum Wage: 1.5 Million FG Workers To Earn Over N2.3tn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by adenigga(m): 6:36am On Jul 09, 2021
Members of the minority caucus in the House of Representatives, on Thursday, declined to participate in the consideration and adoption of the report by the Committee on Aids, Loans and Debt Management chaired by Ahmed Safana.

The report was on the external borrowing plan of the Federal Government to fund the 2021 budget, for which the President, Major General Muhamadu Buhari (retd.), sought National Assembly’s approval.

Safana had prayed the House to accept the report on Buhari’s request for the implementation of the new external borrowing of N2.34tn (about $6.18bn) in the 2021 Appropriation Act through the issuance of Eurobond in the international capital market.

The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, called on the Minority Leader, Ndudi Elumelu, to second the prayer by Safana, which he declined.

Elumelu said, “Bearing in mind that I do not agree that we take any loan, I decline to second. I do not agree to any further (more) loan. I therefore decline to second.”

Gbajabiamila then asked the Deputy Minority Leader, Toby Okechukwu, to second the prayer.

However, Okechukwu said, “I don’t not think it is prudent on my part to go against what my leader declined to.”

The Speaker said, “Honourable Elumelu, Honourable Toby, I will take it that you don’t want your budget implemented.

“In fact, you were part of the passage of the budget of 2021. Were you not? The MTEF of 2021 which was a precursor to the budget, you were part of it. If you were not there, you are indicting yourself.”

Responding, the Minority Leader said he was away in his constituency to attend to his people who were under attacks.

Gbajabiamila, however, asked why Elumelu was not in the chamber when there was critical legislation like the budget to represent his constituency.

He asked, “Are you saying to your constituents who sent you here that something so important that they asked you to come and do, you were not here? I want you to repeat it to their hearing.”

The Speaker also called on another opposition Peoples Democratic Party member, Lynda Ikpeazu, who also declined to second the prayer.

Gbajabiamila asked a member who was doing his job as a representative to volunteer. Babajimi Benson of the All Progressives Congress eventually seconded the laying of the report.

Meanwhile, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has forwarded the 2022-2024 Medium Time Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy Paper to the National Assembly for consideration and passage.

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, read the cover letter on the MTEF/FSP at the plenary on Thursday.

Gbajabiamila referred the MTEF/FSP to the House Committee on Finance.
https://punchng.com/Opposition-kicks-as-Reps-approve-N2.3tn-fresh-loan-for-Buhari

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by JudasNaCarrot: 6:42am On Jul 09, 2021
By the time Buhari and his gangs of 12 thieves are done with this country, even 10th generations from now won't recover from the damages.

This is what you get when wicked and unpatriotic citizens due to their greed,selfishness, quest for power and intent to loot went and packaged a man who doesn't know anything about the dynamics of economics to rule a 21st century Nigeria. They conspired and outrigged Jonathan and his party using tribal and religious sentiments and brought us a colossal disaster as president.

The suffering and lamentations by Nigerians from every nook and crannies has just started....still in gear 2.

184 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Monogamy: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2021
Elumelu said, “Bearing in mind that I do not agree that we take any loan, I decline to second. I do not agree to any further (more) loan. I therefore decline to second.”

Nice one from Elumelu..

Senate President, Rubber stamp
Speaker of the house, Gum stamp

Why taking another loan again?

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Northernblood3: 6:45am On Jul 09, 2021
That fat rubber stamp idiot will approve it ASAP.

The only thing Alamajiri understands is to Beg or borrow, they don't have the knowledge power to manage resources they have.

Next time, Nigerians will think twice before sidelining Igbos when we talk.

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:47am On Jul 09, 2021
Expect headlines like:
"How Elumelu stole roasted corn in 2013"

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by joe54: 6:52am On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari will finish Nigeria before 2023.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by YorubaKinging: 6:53am On Jul 09, 2021
The end is near

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Ruggedniggaone: 6:56am On Jul 09, 2021
I just pray apc dont win next election so that any party that win wil probe this administration and perhaps terrorise them small

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Cossybob(m): 6:56am On Jul 09, 2021
It is finished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2021
When we were chanting change, we did not ask if it will be positive or negative.

One APC regime that has borrowed more than 16years PDP regimes combined.

I was wondering, If Nigeria should divide today, who will pay the debt?

anyilalaz:
What PDP spent/loot from oil income for 16yrs, APC had squandered more via borrowing/loan/tax ... PDP/APC our problem

vikiphy89:

Na y dem no want to hear anytin biafra because they know what they wil contribute to facilitate the debt

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Afamsi: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari has broken all the bad records of the previous administrations and is still not satisfied. Now he is breaking his own records.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by owobokiri(m): 6:59am On Jul 09, 2021
They are borrowing tons of trillions with Nigerias name to build mega projects in Niger republic while repayments for the loans will be made from oil revenues from Nigeria! There's a chance that we have members of the Nigerien civil service under Nigerias payroll! The Igboho house invasion only revealed what everyone has been suspecting, and that is that we already have people from Niger and Mali in the Nigerias military.. Everything is shrouded in secrecy because the ultimate goal is dishonorable. Buhari handed out almost 100 oil blocs licenses to fictitious characters few weeks ago and somehow managed to collaborate with the Nigerian media to keep that secret.. Very wonderful period to exist in this country..

56 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2021
Mad president ! Mad legislatures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by sommy03(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
We're finished shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Afonjashapmouth: 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
Soon.....

Nigeria: Hello China

China: Hey bro

Nigeria: *Smiling* You already know nah

China: No more borrow for you anymore unless you can use crude oil...

Nigeria: Say no more.. just point where you want the pipeline to go through. By the way we are looking at selling half of Abuja & three quarter of Lagos and if you have anybody that want to become a senator we have a slot too

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by olaboy33(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
To think some of us were so jinxed we rejoiced on the emergence of Gbaja and Lawan as National assembly leaders.

That said, Pdp is not doing enough as an opposition just as APC is not doing enough as the ruling party.
Could it be the sudden side switch?

Secondus on the other hand needs to be removed as the party chairman of the PDP if they want to move any forward.
Even old Oyegun performed better than him.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Seniorwriter(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
SMH...

@Seniorwriter
Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by ENGINEERG(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria, and its future, Debts all time with no positive results

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by cjudy(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
shocked
Another Loan?

What's really the problem in this country?

Where's the whole money recovered by the so called EFCC? The cars, accounts of yahoo boys they seize and sell off, Where's the money?

Why can't EFCC borrow the FG some money instead of borrowing from other countries?

Now I believe my guy that said EFCC shared the money among their top Ogas.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by chrisifeanyi: 7:25am On Jul 09, 2021
Z0mbies won't see anything wrong in this. Meanwhile the future of their children has been mortgaged.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by BigDawsNet: 7:25am On Jul 09, 2021
few moments later

After the loan was approved and paid to the nigerian government, the accountant general sent a wonderful message to China...

Dear China, I'd like to take a moment to say thank you for the loans.

I don't think I'll ever be able to repay you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Zico5(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2021
This country will soon go extinct with the vagabonds and wanderers we have in government. Let them keep on borrowing, we shall see the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by temitope27(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2021
shocked Nigeria is sold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Chatflick(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari will end Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by nairavsdollars(f): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari sold all national assets, yet he still wants to kill this country with loans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by McOluOmo: 7:26am On Jul 09, 2021
sam564:
chaaaaaaaiii.... trillions.....
nigeria money done finish oooo orhhh sorry our oyel money done finish ooooo...

I meuuveeee
China is getting ready to take over this country, make my word.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 09, 2021
Ah!
Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by VillagePipu: 7:26am On Jul 09, 2021
Last week, someone said the National Assembly is like a Ministry under Buhari. It has now even become lower than a Ministry, it is merely an association of dumb yes-boys equivalent to the NURTW.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari by sam564: 7:26am On Jul 09, 2021
chaaaaaaaiii.... trillions..... nigeria money done finish oooo orhhh sorry our oyel money done finish ooooo...

I meuuveeee

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency / Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari / Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.