Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Will You Mind Your Business? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Mind Your Business? (88 Views)

Your Eyes Your Mind!! Your Mind Your Eyes!!! / Nigerian Catholic Priest's Epic Response To One Of These "Mind Your Biz" Louts / Rape Allegation: Mind Your Words, The 7 Abominations God Hates, False Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will You Mind Your Business? by toyinaremu(f): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2021
"Tola, do you remember that wedding we attended that day the tailor almost disappointed us?" Ronke asked her friend.

"I think I remember, how are they, hope all is well with them, this one you brought their matter up, I hope all is well?" Tola replied.

"It's been a year and her stomach is not bulging yet. Sometimes, I look at her status and the way she smiles, it looks like she doesn't even bother about having a child, how can she not be bothered? What do you think my friend?" Ronke asked.

"Ronke! Will you try to mind your business? If you feel so concerned, why not pray, instead of having this type of conversation. Are you expecting her to come online and be showing us all that she's waiting or something is wrong with her or her husband?

"She owes you no explanation or apology for not having a baby yet, leave me and let me face my business jere," her friend angrily replied.

There are many 'hanty Ronke' even in the church of God today. Once someone gets married, you carry chair, calendar, marker and start doing plus or minus, calculating for them. Even when the sister sneezes twice beside you, you start speculating and be greeting 'eh yah we can understand, you will deliver like the Hebrew women' yenyenyen �.

Come let's reason this matter together. Stop asking couples when they're having a baby especially when you're not close to them, you never know what they're going through and the courage they summon to be fine! If truly you're concerned, pray for them, pray for them and pray for them instead of creating a community discussion about them or asking sarcastic questions.

Even if they're waiting, it's enough pressure already, please don't add to it, take your concern to the place of prayers, I beg you!

Let me remind you that, minding your business is better than gossiping - which is not even a fruit of the Spirit, don't err on another person's matter. Channel your monitoring energy on your own progress and growth.

Similarly, when an altar call is made and the instruction will be close your eyes, this same you will open your eyes and start asking questions and be finding the 'sinners' who are coming out; this is how many people miss their own time of visitation.

I believe we do a series on minding your business because seriously, as Christians, we need to watch out for the little foxes that can spoil the vineyard.

Christians; let us watch this little fox called gossiping, it can destroy the whole plan of God for you. Stop monitoring others while leaving your own needs. Again, if you're concerned, pray for them.

I greet us all, as I come in peace
Story: Fiction

(1) (Reply)

"He That Hath Clean Hands, And A Pure Heart; Who Hath Not Lifted Up..." / Prayers For Your Community / Fishing Lessons (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.