Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Pls Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Advice (603 Views)

Pls Advice Me About Ibadan!! / About To Quit My Job,pls Advice / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice by Benard5050: 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pls friends this story is long but I will try my best to summarize it...

After staying at home for 9months after Nysc without a job, a woman who is a family friend told me to come and teach in her school, this was timely as I was getting depressed due to my joblessness...

I relocated to d town which is a rural area, and but with time I adapted. She's has been doing well to me to d extent of even bringing lunch for me every day.

I've been doing this job for 2 years now but there's no significant progress and my life. I'll be 29yrs in a fews days from now but still not ok with d way my life is...

I had a plan to get a loan of 200k from family and friends to open a laundry business in the town I'm teaching as d business is not common there and I wish to use d opportunity to explore this.

My great concern is how will my boss react if I resign and she noticed I'm not going home but staying in her then doing laundry business.

She pays me 20k per month for teaching in her school, she even made me V.Principal and increased my salary by 5k of recent.

Guys pls advised me on what to do that will not hurt anyone....

I need to go into business so I can have proper planning for myself and my future.
Re: Pls Advice by Blackmoran(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2021
Benard5050:

After staying at home for 9months after Nysc without a job, a woman who is a family friend told me to come and teach in her school, this was timely as I was getting depressed due to my joblessness...

I relocated to d town which is a rural area, and but with time I adapted. She's has been doing well to me to d extent of even bringing lunch for me every day.

I've been doing this job for 2 years now but there's no significant progress and my life. I'll be 29yrs in a fews days from now but still not ok with d way my life is...

I had a plan to get a loan of 200k from family and friends to open a laundry business in the town I'm teaching as d business is not common there and I wish to use d opportunity to explore this.

My great concern is how will my boss react if I resign and she noticed I'm not going home but staying in her then doing laundry business.

She pays me 20k per month for teaching in her school, she even made me V.Principal and increased my salary by 5k of recent.

I need to go into business so I can have proper planning for myself and my future.
guy while teaching there are you not looking for other alternative or you are not so inspired so you stay in your comfort zone? I will rather be jobless than earning 25k in a Month in this economy!!! She is nice to you because she knows that most people will not tolerate that bullsheeet of a salary.... An secondly am into laundry business over here in Lagos which is very technical because most of my client jobs are white collar and for you to deal with suit and some other technical material you have to be a professional, but since you are in a rural area if you know how to iron and wash perfectly you are good to go my advice for you do not charge per items do bulk wash simply because urban dwellers have so much time for themselves..

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice by Benard5050: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Blackmoran:
guy while teaching there are you not looking for other alternative or you are not so inspired so you stay in your comfort zone? I will rather be jobless than earning 25k in a Month in this economy!!! She is nice to you because she knows that most people will not tolerate that bullsheeet of a salary.... An secondly am into laundry business over here in Lagos which is very technical because most of my client jobs are white collar and for you to deal with suit and some other technical material you have to be a professional, but since you are in a rural area if you know how to iron and wash perfectly you are good to go my advice for you do not charge per items do bulk wash simply because urban dwellers have so much time for themselves..

Thanks
Re: Pls Advice by tuna85: 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Benard5050:

Blackmoran has a great point, it's either you do a locational survey within an urban area to enable you understand the success of laundry business + start up capital.

Laundry business will not thrive in the rural region. You can as well keep applying for better paying jobs at same time.

Wish you the very best Bro

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice by Benard5050: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
tuna85:

Blackmoran has a great point, it's either you do a locational survey within an urban area to enable you understand the success of laundry business + start up capital.

Laundry business will not thrive in the rural region. You can as well keep applying for better paying jobs at same time.

Wish you the very best Bro

Tanx......its a grade 1 rural area....Not too rural Lol

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice by tuna85: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
Benard5050:

Tanx......its a grade 1 rural area....Not too rural Lol

Ok, you can then look at the Calibre of people who live within that rural area and decide if the business is worth establishing over there.

(1) (Reply)

Civil Defence Correctional Fire And Immigration Board(nscdc) - Shortlisting / Digital Marketer Needed In Ikeja / "I Wasn't Chasing Clout" Says Graduate Who Worked As A Labourer For Urgent 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.