Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

My Proposed Transcript - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Proposed Transcript (317 Views)

21 Things To Know About The Proposed Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge / The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

My Proposed Transcript by melvin4gups: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2021
Good Day everyone,
Below is my transcript for my proposed interview coming up in a couple of weeks. This is my third attempt and want to put in all it takes to get this one through…not by my power anyway. Trusting God almighty for his favour and grace.

VO: Good morning.
Me: Good morning Sir/Ma.

VO: Pass me your I-20 and SEVIS fee receipt.
Me: Passed

VO: So, what are you going to do in the USA
Me: I am going to the United States for my Master’s degree in Statistics with concentration in Data Science at Michigan Technological University, Houghton.
VO: How many schools did you applied to and how many admits and rejects?
Me: I actually applied to three schools (Michigan Technological University, Johnson and Wales University and Western Michigan University) and got admit from all three.

VO: Why this course?
Me: As a graduate of computer science fascinated with data entry, data manipulation, data representation, data mining, programming and as well drawing insight from data which I learnt from moving averages on time series analysis and forecasting of stock prices as my undergraduate research (project) work. There, I discovered my flair for data analysis which has now become my career interest.
Getting an advanced degree (Masters) in data science will provide me with a broad based knowledge and skills in data mining, predictive analytics, cloud computing, database management and as well help me gain a competitive edge in my domain of specialization (Machine Learning) which involves development of models and softwares that will allow computers learn automatically without the interference of human using existing data in making predictions and also aid decision making.

VO: Why this school?
Me: The school was recommended to me by my HOD (Prof Bleep) at the University where I did my undergraduate and I had the opportunity of being counselled by a professor colleague of his who is an AI expert (Prof Bleep), an Alumni of MTU who gave me proper guide and counsel as to the domain course work and electives I can opt for to help me specialize in my area of expertise (Machine learning).
MTU curriculum on Data Science such as Advanced AI, Computational intelligence and Predictive analytics gives me the opportunity to develop skills in AI as a broad based course and Machine learning, a subset of AI which will help me in the development of models and software that can yield up to 97% prediction accuracy which can aid proper decision making.

VO: What is your study plan?
Me: I am meant to offer a minimum of 30 credits which includes core courses (Advanced data mining, Predictive modelling, Information System Management and Data Analytics), foundational courses (Engineering Statistics, Database Management), elective courses and domain courses (Machine learning, Advanced Artificial intelligence, Advanced algorithms, Computational intelligence, Human-computer interactions and usability testing, Distributed systems ) for the entire 28 months.

VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: Upon my return, this course will help me improve on software and model development for data analysis and also help me earn a senior data analyst position in my present place and as well provide me with the opportunities of working as a consultant for Government agencies like the Bureau of statistics, telecom companies like MTN and other big data companies.

VO: How do you intend to fund your studies?
Me: My Dad will be sponsoring my studies. He is a retired General Manger from the Retail Department at NNPC and a successful entrepreneur, into oil and gas with Mega Filling stations and LPG depots in the Southern and Western part of Nigeria. He also owns fleet of cars being managed by his fleet manager for Uber services within the country and landed properties managed by his Estate agents.
Re: My Proposed Transcript by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2021

(1)

Gorillas In Uganda & Rwanda / E.U. Set To Propose Travel Restrictions On U.S. Visitors / United Airlines To Begin Flights Between Lagos And Washington D.C.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.